• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • selkplitt
    232 I6
    • Sep 01, 2010

ac service valve seals

are there seals that go between the compressor and the service valves. Putting a new compressor on, bought new service valves, but did not come with seals. On my old compressor I didn't see any seals when I took the old valves off.
    I have replaced everything in my ac, compressor, hoses, condenser, evap, drier, expansion valve and I still have a leak. I have to think it is the service valves. So if there are seals, is there any hope of finding them at napa. When I tried to buy the service valves they looked at me like I had two heads. Had to order them online. Was kind of hoping to source them locally so I can get the wag back together. Thanks
    http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z469/selkplitt/
    1989 Grand Waggy stock
    2007 Commander Rock Mountain Edition
    2021 GMC Sierra 3.0 Duramax
  • SJTD
    304 AMC
    • Apr 26, 2012

Been a long time since I had mine apart but I thought there were o-rings in there. Isn't there a groove in the pump mounting surface? Or maybe the fitting?
    Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• bkilby
      350 Buick
      • Jan 10, 2016

If you're using a York you need to know which style fitting you're using. Same with a Sanden too but yes, there should be orings in there. Take a fitting off, snap a picture. I probably have what you need and can toss them in an envelope if you can wait the shipping time. If not, a good ol mom and pop AC shop should know what you need.
      1974 Cherokee S. It's driving but needs more work. As usual!

Comment

• selkplitt
        232 I6
        • Sep 01, 2010

Thanks, from what I read seems like they called for Teflon rings but I used Orings and got it sealed up. Thanks for the offer though.
        http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z469/selkplitt/
        1989 Grand Waggy stock
        2007 Commander Rock Mountain Edition
        2021 GMC Sierra 3.0 Duramax

Comment

• bkilby
          350 Buick
          • Jan 10, 2016

Teflon would indicate the Rotolock head. As long as it seals, you're good.
          1974 Cherokee S. It's driving but needs more work. As usual!

Comment

Working...
          X