• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coley
    327 Rambler
    • Apr 13, 2000

Fuel, Oil, Temp gauges circuit = battery drain

I've tracked down whatever's pulling amps to this circuit. Before I took the instrument panel off AGAIN I figured I'd see if anyone else has seen this problem. Seeing as how gimpy our fuel and temp gauges are, I bet I ain't the first to see this one.

The voltage reg. in the temp gauge, maybe?

ps..My fuel gauge reads 3/4 when full

Thanks all,

------------------
    360 727 NP229
    Totally stock
    "You're obsessed with that thing!"
    Daddy\'s Ice Cream Truck (4 yr old daugter named it)<br />84 GW<br />360 727 NP229<p>\"..Dooley had two daughters and a 40 gallon still..\"
  • andy d
    Shade Tree Shaman
    • May 06, 2000

Coley, i think you have 2 separate things happening here. the low reading gauge is cuz the sending unit is old. idont know about the voltage regulator in the temp gauge. are the instrument panels easy to remove? ive got 2. praps we can make a deal. botha mine worked when last they ran. 96 and 98.
    \'88 gwag,pure stock

Comment

• Coley
      327 Rambler
      • Apr 13, 2000

andy d,
      Thanks for the offer. Probably won't need a replacement, all the stuff on the instr. panel works fine. It's pretty easy to remove, can probably do it blindfolded I've done it so many times.

Yeah, you're probably right on the sending unit.

Thought I'd isolated the short to the 3 gauges, but now I see according to Haynes that the warning chime system (seat belts, key in ign.) AND the gauges are both on the same fuse. Crap. More wires to check.

------------------
      360 727 NP229
      Totally stock
      "You're obsessed with that thing!"
      Daddy\'s Ice Cream Truck (4 yr old daugter named it)<br />84 GW<br />360 727 NP229<p>\"..Dooley had two daughters and a 40 gallon still..\"

Comment

Working...
      X