• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fulsizjeep
    Señor Jackhead
    • Aug 21, 2002

Tucson Wrenchathon - May 14 & 15

This is the beginning of the Phoebe Too resurrection. The donor Wagoneer is scheduled to be in Tucson this Friday. FnK will be headed down from CO on May 13 and back home on the 16th. We still need to get the wreck to Tucson from Queen Creek then get wrenches on both of them. Please post up if you have some time to help on the weekend of May 14 & 15. A more solid plan is formulating and will be posted here.

Thank You.
    Flint
    Ran when parked.
    http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
    76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
    http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com
  • Tad
    • Nov 30, 2001

If we can't come up with trailer transport for P1 by May 6th I can just go up in the ChopTop and flat tow it back with my grab and go bar on the 7th.
    2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
    EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
    Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• fulsizjeep
      Señor Jackhead
      • Aug 21, 2002

Just got this from Casey:
      > I'll get in touch with Tad and Bob (rstep) to do some ground work
      > ahead of time. I was planning on getting Phoebe down here this week.
      > I'm on my long weekend starting today. I'll drive up with the shop's
      > trailer to bring her down. I don't think driving her down is the best
      > idea since all the panels and glass might be under stress and could
      > fail. I should be able to get her on the frame rack before the swap
      > to check the frame and straighten if needed.

Thanks for any pre-planning and footwork y'all do there Tad. Much Appreciated.
      Flint
      Ran when parked.
      88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods

Comment

• Tad
        • Nov 30, 2001

Oh yea, sounds better all the time.
        I think I may be able to work an after work refreshment deal out with the Shelter for all that can help also.
        2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
        EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...

Comment

• firecaptain13
          350 Buick
          • Jul 06, 2006

Here's some of the initial plans I've got...
          Probably Saturday, I'll go up and get Phoebe from Queen Creek. Next week, I want to get her on the frame rack to check her out and see if any pulling or bending is needed. Both will then get parked next to each other for a good overall comparison and some prep work. Figure out what parts from each will stay or go
          On the afternoon of the 13th, they will get put inside on their own lifts and maybe some initial disasembly (hood, fenders, etc...) so that when we come in on Saturday, things will start flying. I fully expect both bodies to be sitting on the their new frames by the end of Saturday the 14th. Should go pretty easily with two lifts side by side.

For those that want to join in, the shop is at 3530 S Dodge, near Dodge and Ajo, Johnny Macs is the name.
          PM me for details, phone, etc..
          There are several fast food places near by as well as a Circle K. We have a couple fridges and a microwave in the shop
          88 GW 4" lift, 31's, Razor

Comment

• Tad
            • Nov 30, 2001

Casey,
            PM or call me if you want someone to ride shotgun on Saturday.

We've got other muscle here coming also in the form of Chris, another local FSJ'er, Em will help coordinate work site munchies and refreshments if she is in town that weekend.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
            EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Comment

• firecaptain13
              350 Buick
              • Jul 06, 2006

Sounds good. I'll be going up with Mom and her fiance this week to get Phoebe. It's his F-250 I'll be using to pull the trailer. It's a 24' tandem that is a little more than I want to drag with my Jeep.
              88 GW 4" lift, 31's, Razor

Comment

• bigun
                • Feb 10, 2003

Wishing I could make it down! Be sure to take lots of pics
                charlie
                KB0HXA
                "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
                congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
                How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
                Robert A. Heinlein
                The birth of CROM is recorded here
                http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• pacman
                  232 I6
                  • Apr 18, 2010

I'll be watching this with great anticipation! Post lots of pics!

Comment

• will e
                    Always Broke
                    • Nov 16, 2001

Is that mothers day weekend or anything? If not, I think I can make the trip.
                    82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Tad
                      • Nov 30, 2001

Mothers Day is the 8th this year.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                      EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                        Señor Jackhead
                        • Aug 21, 2002

Just talked to the truck driver and he has been in touch with Casey. Delivery in Tucson this evening. Nice!

...and it is at the Tucson shop right now. Thanks for the footwork and handling the money transaction Casey!

Now that we are here. I think it is safe to say, we will not do business again with the shipping company. There was a few times where mis-communication or no communication then at the last minute, the driver is expecting to pick up the Jeep. Some were not prepared for inop vehicle. I am just glad it is finally delivered.
                        Last edited by Jeepstress; 04-27-2011, 06:37 PM.
                        Flint
                        Ran when parked.

Comment

• Tad
                          • Nov 30, 2001

That's great!

I can head over just about anytime this weekend and do some prelim work if needed.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                          EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Comment

• pacman
                            232 I6
                            • Apr 18, 2010

Originally posted by fulsizjeep

Now that we are here. I think it is safe to say, we will not do business again with the shipping company. There was a few times where mis-communication or no communication then at the last minute, the driver is expecting to pick up the Jeep. Some were not prepared for inop vehicle. I am just glad it is finally delivered.

This is soooo true. Not sure what you had to pay, but their service was definitely lacking. And as nice as this driver was, he still was unprepared to load an inop vehicle. Luckily he was able to improvise and after about an hour we had it loaded.

Comment

Ralph was able to fire Phoebe right up this morning to drive her out of the back yard for the trailer! What a good old girl! She wants to come home!!

Thank you Casey, Ralph and Jenni!!!!
                              Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
                              77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
                              The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

Working...
                              X