• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cabz
    232 I6
    • Apr 06, 2005

82 waggy to 71 J body parts swap?

I have a chance to get a parted out waggy for the front clip and doors for my 71 J2000, Will the front clip and doors work? I know there is a diffrence in the latches on the newer waggys , but is this some thing that can be worked out? If the doors wont work how about the innards and seals and glass can thay be swapped to the older doors?
    Jeep rich, Cash poor.

the clip will bolt up but you wont have a wide trac c lip anymore.the doors take some work
    85 gw 215k and still going
    castrated(de-wooded)360 2" espo springs 31x10.5
    89 gw,free,almost legal

She can dance a Cajun rhythm,Jump like a Willys in four wheel drive,

the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams

"Our militarized "law enforcement" has become the standing army our founders feared"

Comment

• joe
      • Apr 28, 2000

As Talntar said yeah they'll bolt up but your axles are a good 6" wider than a wags so you'll need to cut the wheel wells out. You'll prolly have tire sticking outside the fenders too. On a trail rig no big deal but in most states the tires have to be completely covered. WA has a sunshine law where you can run uncovered tires/fenderless in the sunshine but it better not be on the road when the road is wet or raining. Plus for a street rig it's gonna look kinda hokey but that may not bother you. Personally I'd use a truck front clip for your truck.
      joe
      "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• cabz
        232 I6
        • Apr 06, 2005

Thanks for the replys . I just looked at the waggy and your right , it would look kinda goofy .too bad cause I could have had the whole thing minus motor,trans,and tcase for $200.00

The problem is that I cant find any truck front clips round here unless the are rusted to snot or beaten to death.

Ahh well the search continues
        Jeep rich, Cash poor.

Comment

Working...
        X