• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RiverRat
    327 Rambler
    • Aug 09, 2006

Home again

It is 11:15 pm, 72 degrees, 73% humidity in Columbia. Much stickier than we were getting used to out west.... We got home around 9 tonight. Pets, house, and other vehicles are still here and fine, which is nice to know after being gone for 17 days. It will be nice to sleep in our own bed tonight! But we were a little sad to go home, I thought I was going to cry when we left Ouray yesterday. Not that home is really that bad! I'll post pics and stuff later. Safe travel to everyone still on the road!
    BethAnn

Project CHOP TOP Tornado Jeep for Ouray 2013
    (I'm not dead yet!)
  • Mark Wilde
    350 Buick
    • Jul 20, 2004

Glad you made it okay. A bad lightning storm crossed 115 right behind me after we parted in Canon. Hope you missed it.

I agree...5 days was just not enough.
    90 Grand Wagoneer, 401/727/229, TFI upgrade, MC4350 4V, Edelbrock Performer cam, All-Aluminum Radiator, Razor Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring, 31x10.50 BFG TA/KO's...much planned, little time/money, thus she's a PipeDream!

Comment

• ne715
      350 Buick
      • Mar 16, 2006

We made it home tonight at 12:00 a.m., without any difficulties. Had a great time, will give Alan a year to quit hating the Jeep and the Ford and hopefully we should be there again next year. Thanks for the great time everyone.

Comment

• uglyjeepling
        350 Buick
        • Feb 01, 2003

We made it home about 7 pm on sat. I about puked when the smoggy city came over the horizon. Oh well back to escaping the suburbia by wrenchin on the vehicles counting the days until next year.
        Matt 'Captain 'insert new stupid thing I did here''

"H2's are like sphincters, they're all crappy...and now Chinese."

'79 WT Cherokee, Black Stock Rims, BJ's Aluminum Radiator, 31" Firestone Destination M/T, PowerTrax No-Slip Locker, Hurculined passenger area, Holley Electronic Fuel Pump, TFI!!

'64 Mercury Comet Cyclone. Stock.

Comment

• Ralph Rogers
          350 Buick
          • Jul 29, 2003

Made it home last night about 8:30.
          Vapor locked - about 8 hours of it. , from Cortez to the cabin after leaving KOA on Sat. Didn't vapor lock from cabin home, but it was raining and hailing most of the way.
          Just don't git it. Vapor locked from cabin to Ouray. Fixed the problem for up there. Ran just lovely up high. Had problems on the way back. Not upset as this was the first time I had this thing out - out comes the hood insulation and on goes the cuts in the side of the hood.

Ralph

Comment

• GAchoptop
            232 I6
            • Jan 30, 2006

Goodland Kansas Sat.... St Louis Sun and back in Atlanta this evening! It ain't Colorado (not even close) but it is home and it's good to be back.

Thanks to all! awesome awesome time!. Special thanks to Flint great job facillitating the event and to BethAnn for the shirts!

Looking foward to getting back out next year.
            84' Choptop Wag- gone
            77' CJ-7 rebuilt
            Doug Kolbenschlag

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Got back at midnight,Monday night.

Already looking forward to next year.
              Tom Gibson
              1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
              1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
              1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
              2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

Working...
              X