• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

Anyone using Rancho 44044 front leafs?

Picked up a set and I see they are good for about 2.5" of lift over stock. Can anyone confirm or deny? Anyone know how good they ride?
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee
  • Kaiserjeeps
    360 AMC
    • Oct 02, 2002

I had them for awhile. A little pogo stickish. I was young and probably over tightened my suspension bolts. If the clamps can be taken apart, separate the packs and coat some slip plate #1 on between each leaf. It will work wonders and amaze you. But you might try them out first. They might be just fine.
    Melford1972 says...
    I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
    -----------------------
    I make wag parts
    1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
    1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
    1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
    1968 M715 restomod
    2001 Dodge 3500
    2002 Toyota Tundra
    2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
    Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

They are advertised at 2.5" but mine on a WT Cherokee were 3". IMO, they are not as stiff as a 4" and much better than a RC 3". I have mine with the FSSR and its a little over 5".

Comment

• fulsizjeep
        Señor Jackhead
        • Aug 21, 2002

A good friend uses them religiously on a SOA Waggy setup. It gets wheeled moderately hard and travels the roads and Interstate. I think he is on his third set in almost 20 years.
        Flint
        Ran when parked.
        http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
        88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
        76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
        http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• rang-a-stang
          Administrator
          • Oct 31, 2016

Copy all! I ordered a set of u-Bolts (back ordered now) and will try them on for size.

I am running your FSSR kit, rocklaurence, too. If these springs (used) give me 2" I will be stoked. My truck will sit level. If they give me 3", I will probably swap my rear 1" blocks to 2" blocks and still sit level. Fingers crossed! I hope these ride well! The anti-friction pads look healthy and thick. I will probably spray them with some white lithium before I install them, too.
          Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
          (Cherokee Build Thread)
          00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• rang-a-stang
            Administrator
            • Oct 31, 2016

U-bolts showed up this weekend so I threw these springs under my truck. How much should I expect them to settle?

Looks like I got about 4" of lift out of them. I bought them used so I am not sure on the history of the springs. I know the rig they were pulled off of did not have a drivetrain installed when they were pulled but I don't know it ever did with these springs. In other words, they may or may not ever have had a full truck worth of weight on them. I did lube them up before I installed them (used a chisel to open up the pack, greased the anti-squeak pads) and have not torqued the bushing bolts yet. The anti-squak pads looked a little dry but they had very little wear on them. I took my Jeep around the block once but that's it.

Should I expect them to settle an inch? Like Rancho's website says, these are supposed to be 2.5" but I got about 3.75" out to them. 1.25" seems like a lot for springs to settle... Since I bought them used, I figured they would be right at or slightly below spec (2.5").
            Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
            (Cherokee Build Thread)
            00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Working...
            X