Did you buy a jeep in Houston several or more years ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lee7462
    232 I6
    • Sep 01, 2009

Did you buy a jeep in Houston several or more years ago?

Just looking to reconnect with the owner of my old jeep (well, my dad's jeep). I sold it for him on ebay reluctantly years ago to some guy/kid who lived much further north and was going to drive it home. I don't remember where the guy lived, but the jeep was in Houston, Tx.

It was an green 82 cherokee laredo. Long shot I know, just hoping the owner frequents the site and can tell me how it's doing. I miss that jeep. This was probably 5 years or so ago. Don't remember exactly.
  • REDONE
    304 AMC
    • Aug 19, 2002

You see people!?!? THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SELL A JEEP!!! DON'T DO IT!!!

Thanks for posting and I hope you find your Jeep. If I hadn't witnessed the demise of all my Jeeps I'd probably be looking for them too. I'm not sure who has it easier, me or you, but either way it sucks. Good luck my friend!
    2012 Winner of the Prestigious Ouray Cast Iron Butt Award
    79 J-10 - The Money Badger!
    304/T18/D20/D44s
    What's been did:
    Holley 4160/Ede' S.P.2.P.
    MSD Streetfire based TFI
    Custom-hack gauge cluster
    Razor swap
    Fancy exhaust (Thrush Muffler)
    2 knob tape deck!
    3" homebuilt lift
    Half a hillbilly paint job

Comment

• 68_Gladiator
      350 Buick
      • Oct 01, 2007

never get rid of one, problem solved ive thought about it and will never get rid of mine, even if it just sits there for 10 years. to much time and memories
      "Go Brow or go home"

1973 J2000

Comment

• lee7462
        232 I6
        • Sep 01, 2009

I would have kept it, but it wasn't mine to keep and I didn't have money to buy. My dad did not want me to have it because he spent so much money and time and frustration on it. He thought it would only cause me trouble. Probably would have, but I think it's worth it.

I'm not complaining. My parents have done a LOT for me, but I wish I still had that jeep.

We took family vacations in that jeep all through Colorado and New Mexico. I can still remember sitting in the back of the jeep with my brother while we were driving through the mountains.

Comment

• lee7462
          232 I6
          • Sep 01, 2009

I thought that would be really cool if he is a member here. I just hope it didn't become a trail rig! Though as long as it's still getting used and loved then even that would be ok!

Originally posted by REDONE
          You see people!?!? THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SELL A JEEP!!! DON'T DO IT!!!

Thanks for posting and I hope you find your Jeep. If I hadn't witnessed the demise of all my Jeeps I'd probably be looking for them too. I'm not sure who has it easier, me or you, but either way it sucks. Good luck my friend!

Comment

• ChiefIronLungs
            232 I6
            • Dec 23, 2010

im still regretting selling a 85 cj7.... but i gave 2 grand for it and the original owners son (14) found me online and they gave me 5500 for it...

after 10 years of wishing he had never sold the jeep and hearing stories that it had been rolled and totalled...

he got it back.

lucky.

good luck finding yours or
            if u find a better one, buy it.
            <<---<<< 1983 Jeep Cherokee Chief 87k original miles >>>--->>

Comment

• REDONE
              304 AMC
              • Aug 19, 2002

I know exactly what you mean. The whole time I was growing up my dad had a 68 1414x (Super Wagoneer). I grew up in Western Colorado, not too far from where Flatbackdragon lives now. I remember being in my dads camaro when he flagged down the tow truck driver hauling the jeep and my dad paid him cash to haul it to our house instead of the junkyard. I can't remember a single word I said at 5 years old, but I remember a sock on my hand buffing out the rubbing compound to turn the pink paint back to red ( "No boy, make circles as big as the shadow of your head, and don't push too hard, just brush it with the sock"). I remember my mom stitching the black vinyl and plaid seatcovers for it and then the interior panels to match, the time I knocked it out of park in the garage climbing out "dads door" and the butt-chewing I got for it. I remember every trip to my Grandparents in Evergreen and every time we went up the Grand Mesa to cut a Christmas Tree. When I was 8 years old my dad got me a little Honda CR50 dirt bike and used to take me out to the bookcliffs to ride it. One day the screw for the governor fell out and all of the sudden I could go 40 miles an hour! So I did! WOT for a good six miles, an 8 year old on a dirtbike. When I stopped to turn around the bike died. I took off my helmet and before I could even think about how much trouble I was in, here came my dad, airborne, in that beautiful red Jeep, to make sure I hadn't killed myself and then chew my butt in the middle of the desert until I realized just how dumb I was.

In particular, I remember a big family reunion camping trip up in Eagle, CO. It was the "Red Shirt Reunion", and was ironic because everybody in the family had a red car. For a long time the pictures of that reunion were in the hallway of my parents house. I've asked my parents repeatedly for a copy of those pics, because the tailgate of the Wag was the center of the camping area. The beer and food were all right there, so I know and remember the wag being in the middle of most of the pictures. If I ever get them, trust me, I will share them here.

The whole time I was growing up my dad always told me he'd get something new when I turned sixteen, got a job and bought the Jeep from him (nothing in life is free, he always taught me to earn my keep), but when I was 14 he traded it in for an F150. I don't fault him and never blamed him or held it against him. A man's gotta do what a mans gotta do, and if a man has to haul a yard of chicken manure for my moms roses, better in an F150 than a Super Wag. But I've spent my whole adult life trying to get back that feeling of that old red wagoneer. I still remember the smell, the right combination of old greese and new vinyl, with just a tinge of burnt rubber. My screen name is the vanity plate from that Jeep and could be read as RED ONE because it was red or RE-DONE because of all the work my dad put into it.

It makes me wonder sometimes, is anything I'm doing or anything I have going to effect my kids that much when they grow up? Since I know all my Jeeps are dead and gone, maybe someday I'll find that old red wagoneer.
              Last edited by REDONE; 01-17-2011, 05:14 PM.
              2012 Winner of the Prestigious Ouray Cast Iron Butt Award
              79 J-10 - The Money Badger!
              304/T18/D20/D44s
              What's been did:
              Holley 4160/Ede' S.P.2.P.
              MSD Streetfire based TFI
              Custom-hack gauge cluster
              Razor swap
              Fancy exhaust (Thrush Muffler)
              2 knob tape deck!
              3" homebuilt lift
              Half a hillbilly paint job

Comment

• ChiefIronLungs
                232 I6
                • Dec 23, 2010

maybe someday I'll find that old red wagoneer.

wow Redone. i think ima need a tissue...

great post, thanks for sharing your memories...

i hope that i have my chero long enough to build some memories like those...

kinda made me nostalgic...

u know what they say... "nostalgia just aint what it used to be...."
                <<---<<< 1983 Jeep Cherokee Chief 87k original miles >>>--->>

Comment

• TugNchug78
                  232 I6
                  • Aug 01, 2010

[/QUOTE]I've spent my whole adult life trying to get back that feeling of that old red wagoneer. [/QUOTE]

there seriously needs to a crying face cause im falling apart.. thats like the most epic sad thing ive ever read ...ever... These Wagons really just have individual souls of there own, and that connection is pretty hard to replace..
                  1984 GWaggy - BJ's 6" spring lift, 360/TF727/208. emission deleted, Hydroboost, Taurus fan, Hedmen headers, edelbrock intake and carb, Magnaflow exhaust.. AMC 20 W/ Detroit out back and Vac disco D44 upfront W/ poor mans ARB mod, York compresser converted for OBA. 35" BFGs on cheby rims.

Comment

• jaber
                    Dragin Az
                    • Oct 17, 2003

Great stories. tissues, pppfffttt...

Mine was the '74 CJ5 dad bought in '74, I was 2.
                    That Jeep was the center of my childhood. It was our best running vehicle. Other rides came and went, but every Sunday, we were in that Jeep somewhere away from civilization.
                    Remember sitin on dads lap aimin for every bush I could find in the dessert.
                    Got my first ticket in that Jeep.
                    After I moved away and started my own family, dad let a girlfriend borrow it. She rolled it and totaled it. Bent frame, all front sheet metal needs replaced.
                    I told dad that it had better still be sitin in the yard waiting for me or HE was getting the ars kickin this time.... I still have it. All the # are original, engine has never even had a valve cover off. It will become a garage queen. My boys will be able to enjoy what I got to.
                    Jeff

'43 cj2a
                    '51 Willys p/u
                    '51 Willys Parkway Conversion
                    '68 Panel Delivery
                    '74 CJ5
                    '75 J-20 Wrecker
                    '75 J-20 Cummins service bed
                    '77 J-10 p/u
                    '79 Cherokee
                    '88 Grand Wagoneer
                    '98 Grand Cherokee

Comment

• Josh D
                      360 AMC
                      • Jan 17, 2002

I still remember the smell, the right combination of old greese and new vinyl, with just a tinge of burnt rubber.
                      I'm thinking you need to get into the fragrance business! "FSJ, cologne for men" and "FSJ+ATF, perfume for women" (ATF for Janie )
                      '71 J2000 Gladiator
                      '95 YJ on Waggy axles
                      '80 911 Super Carrera

Comment

• lee7462
                        232 I6
                        • Sep 01, 2009

btt

Comment

• billyj7175
                          304 AMC
                          • Sep 10, 2001

Lee, I do sincerely hope you find your old Jeep...and even though I do feel for ya, at the same time, reading posts like this make it worthwhile for the whole time the money I had to pay out over the years to keep my old J10...knowing full well, had I not...I'd be out there scouring the internet trying to find it.

To REDONE: My Jeep infliction started with the 76 wagoneer my folks had...I grew up in Okla, but we vacationed practically every year up/around the Gunnison and Lake City area. We went EVERYWHERE in that old Jeep. My Dad and his friends would stand around and brag about how tight it turned and go on and on about the quadratrac. Many Jeep products came and went in my family, but none carried the impression on me that the old Wagoneer did. During it all, completely unbeknownst to my parents, there I sat in the backseat, soaking it all in...forming a deep rooted passion for those old rigs that still carries through to today...great story man...great story.
                          Last edited by billyj7175; 01-18-2011, 09:30 AM.
                          83 J-10 Jeep "Oscar"
                          360/727/229
                          4" Rusty's w/33X12.50 BFG AT's

I'll apologize ahead of time...my inner voice has Tourette's...

Comment

Originally posted by jaber
                            Great stories. tissues, pppfffttt...
                            Can it, ya jackwagon.
                            Mark B. Jones

Originally posted by GrandWag&Prix
                            Actually, now that I think about it, that could be either awesome or really terrible.

'79 Cherokee Chief "Junaluska"

Comment

• Billygoat
                              304 AMC
                              • Mar 16, 2004

maybe we should start a FSJ memories thread and have it sticked to capture stories like these, many of us have them - myself included...

Comment

Working...
                              X