International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > Build Threads

Old 03-27-2019, 07:02 PM
230 Tornado

8 years ago

Hi everyone,

Drove the Wagon out of the garage today under its own power. Last time it drove under its own power it was 2011. I picked it up in 2014. Did a short test hop down the dirt road & back. It still needs some fine tuning. Hope to get it registered & legal next month.

Kind of skipped ahead on the build thread but just now figured out how to post pics.

Thanks to everyone for posting all there Wagoneer knowledge here.

Saved another from the bone yard,

Dave

[IMG][url=https://flic.kr/p/2dWZezx]
Old 03-27-2019, 08:07 PM
232 I6

I like it, 4” lift?
Old 03-29-2019, 10:05 PM
304 AMC

Nice looking rig. Congrats on driving it again.. Always a great feeling especially after being under the wrench for a while.

Most users ever online was 656, 06-30-2007 at 09:50 PM.
I was there! Still waiting for my Tee shirt...

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 and 71 project J trucks
1970 Wagoneer Not Sadie
1953 Willy's wagon
1983 FJ60 wagon
Old 03-30-2019, 07:42 AM
230 Tornado

Thanks it is a 4'' combo lift. The front is Hell Creek & rear is Rough Country. I messed up on the rear type of spring.

A bit higher in the back but I hope it might settle or when I get some weight back there it wont be as high.

Dave
Old 04-17-2019, 05:03 PM
304 AMC

Great rig to start with! Wow! Looks good as is, I can only imagine how awesome you are going to make it. Any plans?
09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
Old 04-17-2019, 06:16 PM
230 Tornado

Thanks,

It is in pretty good shape considering sitting in the backcountry of Idaho for 15-20 years after my Uncle brought it here. It was used as an airport rig to get to & from a cabin.

Front seal on the tranny leaks so need to change that with the donor transmission now that I know the engine runs decent.

Need to find a roof rack. Stock one was leaking so I filled in the holes.

Get it registered soon & keep testing it locally before I venture to far with it.

Eventually get the 401 out of my donor rig rebuilt & swap out the current 360.(this winters project)

I have part of the new headliner in just trying to figure out what to do on the seam where they join. Still cant find a source for the original snap in type gap seal.

Mainly just want to get it road safe & do a few summer camping/fishing trips with it & take it hunting this fall.

Dave
Old 04-18-2019, 07:54 AM
350 Buick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Thanks,

It is in pretty good shape considering sitting in the backcountry of Idaho for 15-20 years after my Uncle brought it here. It was used as an airport rig to get to & from a cabin.

Front seal on the tranny leaks so need to change that with the donor transmission now that I know the engine runs decent.

Need to find a roof rack. Stock one was leaking so I filled in the holes.

Get it registered soon & keep testing it locally before I venture to far with it.

Eventually get the 401 out of my donor rig rebuilt & swap out the current 360.(this winters project)

I have part of the new headliner in just trying to figure out what to do on the seam where they join. Still cant find a source for the original snap in type gap seal.

Mainly just want to get it road safe & do a few summer camping/fishing trips with it & take it hunting this fall.

Dave

On the roof rack, they just used a rubber wellnut for the holes. Depending on how you filled the holes in, you can new ones from BJ's Offroad and reinstall.

On the headliner snap in piece, good luck. Lol. If you find a source, let us all know. Mine is held in with broken pieces for now.
Rig looks good btw.