International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Regional Chapters > IFSJA Regional Chapters. Please note that some links will forward to external club sites > International

Old 09-07-2011, 12:07 AM

Philippines

Hello All. My wife and I have been thinking about buying property back in the Philippines(her Home). At the same time I'm thinking I'm going to want a jeep when I'm there. Specifically I'd want a M715, but I'd settle for most other FSJs. For those of you that live there, how common are FSJs in the Philippines? what's the best way to find them? And how would the price compare to say one sold here?

Thanks
Old 09-07-2011, 04:51 AM

Its been 20 yrs since I was there but know that whatever you purchase can be restored cheaply. The Filipino's are very skilled and can repair or build anything that you need. Have you considered a Jeepney? Have one built (stainless steel) to order with 37" tires!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:22 AM

actually that was one of my fall back plans. Take an all steel Jeepney swap in some 1 ton axles and drive train, run 35-40 inch tires, and possibly make part of the roof removable.
But I'd rather have an original Jeep. Plus my wife, although she's very Filipino, she's not found of the Jeepneys, don't know why. I know it has nothign to do with their size or not being pretty enough, cause I'm also planning on picking up an M35A2(flood and farm truck) once I'm there, and she has no problem with that.

I was there in 2008, but didn't see any older FSJs. I PM'd SubicJeep with my questions, but he's not been on the bored for a few weeks now.

We're in the middle of looking for a house here in the U.S. right now, so I know I won't be buying the RP property for a few years, but after the house here is nailed done, the next order of business is to buy property there, so I thought I'd get a jump start on searching for my jeeps, especially since she has some cousins that wouldn't mind taking care of them while I'm not in the country.