• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grand_wag_85
    Murphy's Law Poster Child
    • Dec 03, 2003

Originally posted by Gambler68
    I wont know for sure if I'm going or what day until right before most likely. But I am sure there'll be an empty seat somewhere!
    Even an empty Tadrack would work.
    You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
    '88 GW
    '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• kennyh
      258 I6
      • Aug 20, 2000

I'm not gonna make it this year, the "new" '80 Wag is not ready and I don't have the extra few hundred in cash. I think I'll use this week to install the lift and stereo and try and diagnose the loud clicking sound under the hood. Low oil pressure, I think, but don't know if it's main bearings or a worn out oil pump or a bent pushrod or a sticky lifter or...

I'll be in Ouray though.
      KennyH '74 Wag, '80 Wag Brougham, '98 GC 5.9 Limited. Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.

Comment

• Gambler68
        Rabble Rouser
        • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by kennyh
        I'm not gonna make it this year, the "new" '80 Wag is not ready and I don't have the extra few hundred in cash. I think I'll use this week to install the lift and stereo and try and diagnose the loud clicking sound under the hood. Low oil pressure, I think, but don't know if it's main bearings or a worn out oil pump or a bent pushrod or a sticky lifter or...

I'll be in Ouray though.
        We'll miss ya Kenny! Cya at Ouray!

I think I'm going to head up Thursday afternoon depending on what the weather looks like, hear there's another storm rolling through but haven't checked the weather for sure. Should be rollin in around 5-6pm.
        1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
        1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
        The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
        Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• shimniok
          360 AMC
          • Jan 08, 2003

Have fun out there!
          Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
          1986 Grand Wagoneer "Troubled Child" ? tc.wagoneer.org ? Facebook ? KØFSJ
          Stock 360, TBI, 727 with TransGo, NP208, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MT, WT Axles, Lock Right & ARB, OBA

Comment

• bigun
            • Feb 10, 2003

I am probably going to have to pass this year also I need to make a run bak home and work on Black Bart's folks electrical system in May, so I am going to need all the 40 hour weeks I can get between now and then
            charlie
            KB0HXA
            "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
            How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
            Robert A. Heinlein
            The birth of CROM is recorded here
            http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• letank
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Jun 03, 2002

Arrrrgh, Kennyh, you cannot do that..... Who is providing the cigars....

Same here.... the jeep is outside and the water pump and timing cover are inside and cleaned up..... So I should be ready Wednesday afternoon..... while a winter storm will hit central Nevada Wednesday..... and rain for Moab:

Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide

I hope to be in Moab for Friday dinner.
              Michel
              74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
              85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• Gambler68
                Rabble Rouser
                • Feb 29, 2004

crap, 34 at night?! I was planning on sleeping in the back of the cherokee. This is gana suuuck I don't care about the low chance of rain but cold...ick.

Guess I'll have to parkcamp near a bar..maybe I wont feel the earthquakes!

Halls Crossing, UT 80 miles / 130 km 2.9 magnitude
                1:58 PM MDT 2009-04-14
                Last edited by Gambler68; 04-14-2009, 10:38 PM.
                The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
                Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                  Señor Jackhead
                  • Aug 21, 2002

I have some work demands that are getting in the way of being there Thursday. This is a cancellation notice.

At this point, we are considering an early start on Saturday an option.
                  Flint
                  Ran when parked.
                  http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                  88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                  76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                  http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Gambler68
                    Rabble Rouser
                    • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                    I have some work demands that are getting in the way of being there Thursday. This is a cancellation notice.

At this point, we are considering an early start on Saturday an option.
                    Well crap! I guess I'm gana leave friday morning and see who I can find around town in the early afternoon. Weather doesnt look too bad for Saturday and Sunday, and it'll be cool to see what a Friday night in Moab is like..
                    Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• letank
                      AMC 4 OH! 1
                      • Jun 03, 2002

crap, 34 at night?! I was planning on sleeping in the back of the cherokee. This is gana suuuck I don't care about the low chance of rain but cold...ick.

Guess I'll have to parkcamp near a bar..maybe I wont feel the earthquakes!

Halls Crossing, UT 80 miles / 130 km 2.9 magnitude
                      1:58 PM MDT 2009-04-14
                      Seems like a Kalifornia thing... As for cold.... I'd rather have the cold than the rain. I can always add layers.

I have booked a room a the Motel 6 for friday/sat, so In am sure that we can spare room for a few more if needed. The weather is really crappy.... "heavy snow" 80%, over Nevada.

I am almost done reassembling the timing cover..... time for a lunch break...
                      Michel
                      74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
                      85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• Gambler68
                        Rabble Rouser
                        • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by letank
                        Seems like a Kalifornia thing... As for cold.... I'd rather have the cold than the rain. I can always add layers.

I have booked a room a the Motel 6 for friday/sat, so In am sure that we can spare room for a few more if needed. The weather is really crappy.... "heavy snow" 80%, over Nevada.

I am almost done reassembling the timing cover..... time for a lunch break...
                        Well I plan on being there friday afternoon and seeing who I can catch, not expecting any trail action. Thinking more drinking action. I wouldnt be averse to a bag on a floor in a hotel room.

Just talked with Flint and we're thinking a Long Canyon run Saturday morning when they show up, back into town that afternoon, and heading out to Kane Creek to find a place to camp for the evening. Not sure if their group is committed to camping (consensus isnt in) but I am for sure spending the night out there, company would be welcome! Bringing some dry cedar for the fire, small propane stove and a couple chairs.
                        Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                          Señor Jackhead
                          • Aug 21, 2002

HAY! Just talked to Sean. He is not online.
                          He will be at the City Market by 8:30 looking for FSJers.
                          Flint
                          Ran when parked.
                          88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods

Comment

• Gambler68
                            Rabble Rouser
                            • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                            HAY! Just talked to Sean. He is not online.
                            He will be at the City Market by 8:30 looking for FSJers.
                            What day? tomorrow? Friday? Saturday?
                            Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                              Señor Jackhead
                              • Aug 21, 2002

What day? tomorrow? Friday? Saturday?
                              Tomorrow, Friday, Saturday... He is desperate for a FSJ ride!

He doesn't have the boa any more.

Call him Ryan - just got off da phone...
                              Flint
                              Ran when parked.

Comment

• Gambler68
                                Rabble Rouser
                                • Feb 29, 2004

Yeah just got off the phone too. He mentioned Kanes was running at 19inches BEFORE the heavy rains and mud rain they got, so thinking that deep water running should be avoided :P BUT, there are great spots 10miles out of town on Kane Creek Rd, he knows a good spot so that's the plan for saturday evening! So we should get a good run in saturday, check that spot out that evening, and something half day on sunday perhaps before heading out?
                                Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

Working...
                                X