• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SstGore
    232 I6
    • Jan 05, 2012

Oahu???

hey if any one is on oahu hawaii we should meet up and start planning a trip...
    1990 Grand Wagoneer
    "I don't know what its called, but i can fix it." -Me
  • Red20
    258 I6
    • Jun 19, 2010

Hey, hey! I just got here on the 7th and would love to go wheeling. My truck should be here by the end of the month. I've got a little work to do on it before I hit anything gnarly (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=150717), but I can ease around some trails until then.

Call or text: 806-535-5191
    Or email: [email protected]
    -JoshUSMC

"Good engineering is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the correct screw." -Adam Welchel

1985 J20 "BigRed" 360/727/208/44/60 Edelbrock Performer Intake, Carb, Cam, MSD 6
    1974 J10 "Ugly Monster" VERY SADLY SOLD!
    1969 Javelin SST "Yet Unnamed" 290/BW M40 (360 build in the works with a built TH350)

Comment

• Red20
      258 I6
      • Jun 19, 2010

Lol! Just realized who this is. When we gonna BBQ, Chris?
      -JoshUSMC

"Good engineering is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the correct screw." -Adam Welchel

1985 J20 "BigRed" 360/727/208/44/60 Edelbrock Performer Intake, Carb, Cam, MSD 6
      1969 Javelin SST "Yet Unnamed" 290/BW M40 (360 build in the works with a built TH350)

Comment

• SstGore
        232 I6
        • Jan 05, 2012

so i found out more about the air injection and everyone says just rip it outta there... so i might start work on that this week... while waiting for parts for the jeep...
        1990 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• ssihodgson
          232 I6
          • Aug 04, 2012

I'm down for some Peacock Flats if you're still around.
          Just bought a 91 Wag last month...

Comment

• Red20
            258 I6
            • Jun 19, 2010

Yeah, I'm definitely still around. I haven't gotten to take the truck out at all yet in Hawaii other than flexing it on some boulders at the beach. It's gonna need a motor rebuild pretty soon, but it's still blowin' and goin' for now. I have a CJ-8 Scrambler to take out one out these days when I finish it too.

Forum member SSTGORE has a Wagoneer out here as well. He and I used to wheel together in California too. He's gonna have slip a new cam into his breast before he can go anywhere though.

Definitely get with me sometime late October or after and we'll go. I'm in South Korea until then. I'll PM you my contact info.

You should definitely post a picture of this beast of yours in this thread for SSTGORE and I to drool over.
            -JoshUSMC

Comment

• ssihodgson
              232 I6
              • Aug 04, 2012

Sounds good. Hope you're not having too much fun in Korea.

It looks like SSTGORE lives pretty close to me here on Hickam. I pm'd him my number. I'd be down to help with his cam swap since I've never worked on an AMC motor before and want to see what the insides look like. (Old Chevy Guy)
              I'll take some more pictures soon after I get back from my two week McGuire AFB, NJ vacation.

Comment

• Red20
                258 I6
                • Jun 19, 2010

I just reread my last post and got a laugh over my terrible spelling and grammar. That's what I get for posting from my phone late at night. Well, here we go again...

Anywho, I'm a converted Chevy guy myself. I still had my old '83 Scottsdale for a while after I bought this latest J-truck. I've been in my share of 350s. Man, I've really fallen for the old AMC motors though. This is my second FSJ. The first was a '74 J-10 with a 401. This one has a 360, and I've got a .060 over 390 with a mean custom crank and cam sitting on the garage floor just begging to be built. I have a sort of pipe dream of that one going into a Javelin, though. And heck, I forgot the old 4.2 in the Scrambler.

Get with Chris over there on Hickam when you get back into town and help him get his old girl running again and we'll be ready to go cruise by the time I get back.

See you around.
                -JoshUSMC

Comment

• SstGore
                  232 I6
                  • Jan 05, 2012

hey i am wanting to get all the trucks together and get pics and wheel abit... so hit me up with a pm
                  1990 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

Working...
                  X