• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skye
    232 I6
    • Apr 09, 2000

What would this be?

Under my dash, on the passenger side I have a 4"x6"x1" or so small black box. It has a lot of wires running out of it. I havent cracked it open yet. Looks like a fuse box but it has, what looks like, an adjustible pot on the side. I dunno. I have some fuses out so if that is the box, I gotta crack that sucker open.

------------------
    83 Wagoneer.... um... thats all

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skye:
    Under my dash, on the passenger side I have a 4"x6"x1" or so small black box. It has a lot of wires running out of it. I havent cracked it open yet. Looks like a fuse box but it has, what looks like, an adjustible pot on the side. I dunno. I have some fuses out so if that is the box, I gotta crack that sucker open.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's your cruise-control module. No fuses inside it, and all adjustments are accessible from outside the case, so no reason to crack it open.

------------------
    Bob Barry
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>* '78 Cherokee 4-door
    * '88 Grand Wagoneer[/list]

Comment

• Skye
      232 I6
      • Apr 09, 2000

Um..... I knew that

Thanks!

------------------

Comment

• Coley
        327 Rambler
        • Apr 13, 2000

It's ok Skye. I, uhhhh.. have a friend who was wondering the same thing...
        Yeah, that's the ticket..
        Daddy\'s Ice Cream Truck (4 yr old daugter named it)<br />84 GW<br />360 727 NP229<p>\"..Dooley had two daughters and a 40 gallon still..\"

Comment

• Teach
          258 I6
          • Apr 18, 2000

Funny, I have one of those "boxes" on the drivers side that is purple and has "Borg-Warner" on it. Always wondered what it was...

------------------
          Teach
          '76 Wagoneer
          360,Q-T,Edlebrock Intake/carb
          "If it ain't one thing, it's another...."
          Teach<BR>\'76 Wagoneer<BR>360,Q-T,Edlebrock Intake/carb, D44\'s, 3.07, really big after market gas tank!<BR>\"If it ain\'t one thing, it\'s another....\"

Comment

• Coley
            327 Rambler
            • Apr 13, 2000

Skye,
            Was yours screwed down underneath the dash somewhere or just duck taped (like mine)? I honestly believe it left the factory like that.
            Sometimess I look under the dash and wonder if someone on the assembly line just wanted to hurry up and take a coffee break as mine rolled by.

------------------
            84 GW
            360 NP229
            Daddy\'s Ice Cream Truck (4 yr old daugter named it)<br />84 GW<br />360 727 NP229<p>\"..Dooley had two daughters and a 40 gallon still..\"

Comment

• Skye
              232 I6
              • Apr 09, 2000

Fat piece of duct tape!

100 degree summer heat (and no AC!) has the tape laying in my floor as we speak. I bet it left the shop like that.

------------------

Comment

• andy d
                Shade Tree Shaman
                • May 06, 2000

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skye:
                Fat piece of duct tape!

100 degree summer heat (and no AC!) has the tape laying in my floor as we speak. I bet it left the shop like that.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>yuh know what my 88 cruise module has been lying on the hump for over a year now.duct tape failure.figured it was 1/2 a** po now the truth is out wonder what other stuff duct taped @factory?

------------------
                '88 gwag
                \'88 gwag,pure stock

Comment

• Marvins_Dog
                  230 Tornado
                  • Jun 18, 2000

Add another vote for duct tape, however, my box is yellow.
                  Nick<P>\"It\'s not just a Jeep, it\'s an Adventure\"<P>1987 Grand Wagoneer<BR>360/727/NP229<BR>Edelbrock Performer Manifold<BR>Holly 2bbl Pro-Jection<BR>Half of my life savings

Comment

• MonsterMash

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BobBarry:
                    That's your cruise-control module. No fuses inside it, and all adjustments are accessible from outside the case, so no reason to crack it open.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What kind of adjustments are possible via this "Mystery Box"? My c/c doesn't work, could something be adjusted there??

------------------
                    '84GW360--"Spinner"
                    And on the eighth day God created Jeep so man would not be bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X