International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 08-06-2007, 06:44 PM

back seat bracket and seatbelt removal? - third row in progress

So I figured it was cheaper to get a parts truck, get the parts I needed to fix my 88, and then sell the rest, and since I got it I decided I would do the third row seat thing as well. IE take my extra back seat from the parts car and turn it around and mount it for a third row seat....

However I can't seem to get any of the bolt started.

I wanted to salvage the bolts and sleaves of the rear seat wheel well bracket to use for the new third row, and I wanted to take out the seat belts and use them so the third row has belts....

I searched and found this thread... http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...belt+rem oval

Anyone else want to chime in on how to get these buggers out without stripping the torx bolts? Is it even worth it, should I just find a substitute at the hardware store?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:14 PM
304 AMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAg95
So I figured it was cheaper to get a parts truck, get the parts I needed to fix my 88, and then sell the rest, and since I got it I decided I would do the third row seat thing as well. IE take my extra back seat from the parts car and turn it around and mount it for a third row seat....

However I can't seem to get any of the bolt started.

I wanted to salvage the bolts and sleaves of the rear seat wheel well bracket to use for the new third row, and I wanted to take out the seat belts and use them so the third row has belts....

I searched and found this thread... http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=28780&highlight=rear+seatbelt+rem oval

Anyone else want to chime in on how to get these buggers out without stripping the torx bolts? Is it even worth it, should I just find a substitute at the hardware store?

I have tried like 10 times and never got it done here it iowa they just get too rusty.... i have heated and soaked and chilled and nothing ever worked..I busted numerous sockets trying also... i just cut them off and make new spacers and get some new bolts.