Bumper Fab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper Fab

Saw the topic and month, thought I'd do it anyway. Took center section of Warn grill guard mount from bosses Bronco (BOOOOOOOOOOOO)
    , used 5/16 flat to inside of section and outsid of frame. Fabbed up ends out of 1/8 flat, with cutouts for fog and driving lights. Chopped up factory grill guard and mounted on top. Then installed bosses 8274 in it. 2 days spare time at work and a 6 pack for the painter. Works great, but at stock height, it makes a great sand plow.
    Art
    ASE Master Collision Tech
    "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.
  • woodstock
    327 Rambler
    • Sep 25, 2002

Here's my plan for bumpers on my Cherokee. I like the stock front and rear three piece bumper set up I have and I want to be able to put a winch up front or in back. I plan to cut a hole in the center of the front and rear bumpers and mount 2" receivers between the frame rails so they'll be right behind the hole. (This looks like it will work up front, but I haven't looked very closely at the back.) Then I can run a receiver mounted winch on the front or the back and store it in the garage when I'm not wheelin'. Best part is that I won't have to sacrifice approach and departure angles because the winch will only be on when I need it. I also have four 3/4" tow points that look like they'll mount ok on the rear, but the front spring shackles are in the way up front. Not sure if I'm going to us them at all as they will mess with the angles too. I haven't decided if I'm going to lift it or cut it yet. Heck, I can always tow from the receiver. Here's a pic of the tow points I have:

[ August 11, 2004, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: woodstock ]
    1975 Cherokee Chief WT

Comment

• FSJnovice
      350 Buick
      • Dec 17, 2003

goldhammer sounds good where is the pics?
      Mike
      88 GW stock
      360/727/229
      project

Comment

Only have 2 of it and they aren't that good. Not a puter guru, if someone wants to put 'em on here , I'll send to ya.
        Art
        ASE Master Collision Tech
        "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

Working...
        X