• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yeti
    230 Tornado
    • Oct 01, 2008

Trail Clean-Up GWNF Harrisonburg, Virginia March 21, 2009

There is a trail clean-up being scheduled for March 21, 2009.
    Didn't know if you wanted your club to be part of it.
    We are currently looking at Beltway Jeepers/Military Jeepers/RCPFA(Crozet)/Virginia Krawlers having active participants in it and wanted to know if you would like to have IFSJA represented as well.

We are going to use Va Krawlers as the main sign-up site:
    http://www.virginiakrawlers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=819

Originally had it scheudled for the 14th, but since that conflicted with the Oakridge schedule the 21st was the next best available weekend.

Bill
    aka Yeti

With all the rumors and reports going around about certian areas of George Washington National Forrest being closed down and negative backlash about the off road community I thought it would be a great idea to try and organize a local trail clean up. I plan on posting this up on several local Jeep and Off Road clubs and forums and in conjunction with RCPFA to try and get a lot of support from the Off-Roading community. I was thinking on focusing on the SaltShed/Dry River area since that is the area that gets trashed the most. It would be great if we got enough of a turn out to hit all the trails down there.
    We have 1-800-Got- JUNK that have committed two trucks for us again and will haul all this away. They also will be contacting the media for some press stuff. We are also in talks with VDOT to get large orange trash bags.
    We will also need some trucks and trailers to help haul stuff out and for extra room(the got junk trucks will only hold so much)
    We are looking to do this March 21, 2009-Saturday, close to Spring time, before the area gets hit hard again with traffic.
    I know it seems like a never ending battle--clean it up and its trashed again with in a few weeks time, but we need to do what we can to preserve our local spots before they dissapear. This may seem like a drop in the bucket but every little bit helps. Hey we all play down there so we all should help how we can.

So with all that said--who wants to pitch in??
    Yeti

1979 Wagoneer (mine)
    1991 YJ - with a few mods (wife's)
    Military Jeepers
    Virginia Krawlers
    Beltway Jeepers

have you posted this on any of the major 4-wheeling sites like pirate4x4 or ih8mud?
    Places to Wheel in the Southeast

Originally posted by Topgun2mo
    I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
    Originally posted by johnny019
    I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Comment

• Yeti
      230 Tornado
      • Oct 01, 2008

Originally posted by orangecherokee
      have you posted this on any of the major 4-wheeling sites like pirate4x4 or ih8mud?
      So far we have only posted it on many of the local ones here that we are seeking help on the cleanup, and asked they spread the word on it.

Current Clubs represented in the responses are: (The ones with * are at the Club Level, the rest are just individuals posting from there.)
      *Virginia Krawlers
      *Military Jeepers
      *Beltway Jeepers
      *Rockcrawlers for the Preservation of Future Access (RCPFA)
      *Southern Va Jeepers
      *FJ Bruisers
      MidAtlantic Toyota Crawlers (MATC)
      *Maryland Creepers
      *Maryland Jeep Club
      Capital Jeeps
      Northern Virginia Jeep Association
      *Shenandoah Four Wheelers
      Virginia Jeep Pirates
      *East Coast Wheelers
      Shenandoah Full Size Jeep Association
      *Nissan Off-Road Association of the Southeast (NOAS)

Wasn't even aware of the last one (NOAS) till their Club President signed up giving his clubs support to it.
      Yeti

1979 Wagoneer (mine)
      1991 YJ - with a few mods (wife's)
      Military Jeepers
      Virginia Krawlers
      Beltway Jeepers

Comment

Working...
      X