• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blakeusa
    350 Buick
    • Jul 21, 2005

Emblem Barrel Clip -Size Used On Fender Emblems

Does anyone know the size of the barrel clips used on the fender emblems on 71 and prior Jeeps.

These are the funny looking clips that slide over the smooth pins on the emblems. Then they are pushed into the holes in the fenders. Or maybe you put the pin in first then push the emblem in.

There are several sizes and thought someone would know the size and a good place to get them

this is what they look like,
    1971 J4000 Gladiator w/AMC 401 Restoration Project

• mud89
    304 AMC
    • Nov 18, 2009

Interesting question
    And if there are no holes in the fenders, what would be the holes diameter ?
    J10 sportside '81, J10 Golden Eagle '77, Wagoneer '65, Gladiator '64 + parts rigs

Comment

• rreed
      350 Buick
      • Aug 21, 2006

The clip goes in first, then the emblem. If you're buying new clips, it should indicate what size hole its for. If reusing, pick up a decent set of calipers to find the size. Try Classic Enterprise (I think?) or maybe google "muscle car restore parts."

That's old timey stuff there, used to see them on old muscle cars (50s-70s) I helped my buddy's family restore back in high school.
      47 Willys
      75 CJ-5
      81 Scrambler
      76/79/80/81/85 J20 (all the same truck)
      86 Grand Wagoneer - FOR SALE!!!
      96 ZJ

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Comment

• serehill
        Gone,Never Forgotten.
        • Nov 22, 2009

bet these guys will have them

80 Cherokee
        360 ci 727 with
        Comp cams 270 h
        NP208
        Edlebrock performer intake
        Holley 4180
        Msd total multi spark.
        4" rusty's springs
        Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

Ford used them for years, any good parts house should be able to get them in a couple of days. I think Aveco and maybe Kent still catalog them. Thy drill bits til you get one that fits the hole and go from there. A good auto paint supply house or old body shop might have them as well.
          Art
          ASE Master Collision Tech
          "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

Working...
          X