X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CJ5
    350 Buick
    • May 07, 2002

Looks good. I am getting close to that spot as well. What did you use for backer board for your panels and what size stables did you get?

I am glad you posted the fitting package. I need the exact same thing so getting them right thing has been made easier.
    Chief Laredo Build Album:http://www.fototime.com/inv/BB4AF31A10748CC
    '72CJ - Complete Restore
    '81SJ - Loredo Resto Project
    '91YJ - Rock Crawler

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• 3rdelement
      350 Buick
      • Nov 25, 2009

i used masonite. the problem with it is getting the staples to penetrate....so look for something a little softer....it will make it much easier for you.
      Richard Ricketts
      build thread: click HERE
      1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer {woodless}-Edelbrock 1406 carb, Edelbrock Sp2p Intake, Hella ecode headlights, bixenon HID 5000k headlights, mb quart 6.5" component speakers f&r, alpine cde-100 deck, final edition grill, Hella 550 fog lights, 1991 window regulators, cs144, aluminum coolant&washer tanks

Comment

• CJ5
        350 Buick
        • May 07, 2002

Originally posted by 3rdelement
        i used masonite. the problem with it is getting the staples to penetrate....so look for something a little softer....it will make it much easier for you.
        What size staples did you use? The smallest I can find are 1/4" and they stick out the other side a tad.
        Chief Laredo Build Album:http://www.fototime.com/inv/BB4AF31A10748CC
        '72CJ - Complete Restore
        '81SJ - Loredo Resto Project
        '91YJ - Rock Crawler

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• 3rdelement
          350 Buick
          • Nov 25, 2009

1/4 inch is what i used
          my staple gun wouldnt penetrate the masonite 100% so i had to tap them flush with a hammer.
          Richard Ricketts
          1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer {woodless}-Edelbrock 1406 carb, Edelbrock Sp2p Intake, Hella ecode headlights, bixenon HID 5000k headlights, mb quart 6.5" component speakers f&r, alpine cde-100 deck, final edition grill, Hella 550 fog lights, 1991 window regulators, cs144, aluminum coolant&washer tanks

Comment

• PharmDUT
            230 Tornado
            • Feb 11, 2013

Your build thread is great!! Thanks for the info on the VHT paint, it's much appreciated.

Comment

• 3rdelement
              350 Buick
              • Nov 25, 2009

no worries, stuff takes a lil while to dry but cures very quickly on vehicle.

so whats next here? well i have a 6" hellcreek lift kit to be put on this weekend or next. then i need to find some 33" tires.

Richard Ricketts

Comment

• Crist Clapper
                I'm being stalked by Steve... Save me!
                • Apr 28, 2008

Carpet details?

If I missed this in your thread... What carpet did you purchase? Do you feel it's the best-quality available? Thanks! Crist
                1990 Grand Wagoneer:
                Delilah - def: "White Lady (cocktail) with the additional ingredients of egg-whites, sugar, and cream"

1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited:
                Desiree - def: ?Much Desired? [orig: French] ? Desirable Charcoal Gray façade, Wood-grain vêneers,and Tan Leather éssentials"

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association (FJS-PRIS)

Comment

• 3rdelement
                  350 Buick
                  • Nov 25, 2009

2 christmas's ago i was bought the black set from bj's from AAC. its good carpet and im sure when it relaxes it will be perfect. i probably would have bought it with mass backing.....but its just fine without it. i did however lay an entire layer of the bubble insulation from home depot down first.
                  Richard Ricketts

Comment

• Crist Clapper
                    I'm being stalked by Steve... Save me!
                    • Apr 28, 2008

Originally posted by 3rdelement
                    2 christmas's ago i was bought the black set from bj's from AAC. its good carpet and im sure when it relaxes it will be perfect. i probably would have bought it with mass backing.....but its just fine without it. i did however lay an entire layer of the bubble insulation from home depot down first.
                    Thanks!
                    1990 Grand Wagoneer:
                    Delilah - def: "White Lady (cocktail) with the additional ingredients of egg-whites, sugar, and cream"

1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited:
                    Desiree - def: ?Much Desired? [orig: French] ? Desirable Charcoal Gray façade, Wood-grain vêneers,and Tan Leather éssentials"

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association (FJS-PRIS)

Comment

• 3rdelement
                      350 Buick
                      • Nov 25, 2009

i swear my dad likes to see how close he can park to mine.
                      Richard Ricketts

Comment

• budryzer
                        232 I6
                        • Sep 23, 2012

Great Thread

Awsome dedication. Yeah you got to keep trying sometimes to get these finicky older beasts just right. Congrats.
                        85 GW 360/2v
                        SOA/SF 36's
                        68 AMX
                        04 BMW 325
                        85 FLT
                        77 Hercules 250
                        ASUS laptop with theamcfurom.com as homepage

Comment

• 3rdelement
                          350 Buick
                          • Nov 25, 2009

yeah waiting for mid next month to get 33" tires. then putting my 6" hellcreek lift on. then next step is to pull the engine and install new cam, replace water pump, timing chain, intake manifold, and dare the thing to tick like it does now.
                          Richard Ricketts

Comment

• 3rdelement
                            350 Buick
                            • Nov 25, 2009

well its been forever and a day since ive messed with the ole jeep.

my sister decided to pick up a project for her to work on with my help.

(hope that pic works)

anyways ive shown her some tips and tricks and how elbow grease is essential in saving some $.

well anyways i got tired of my jeep being neglected, so i recharged the battery and fired her up. I rewired the voltmeter to be connected to a switched 12v instead of on a constant. installed the bj's glovebox(first time since ive owned it, that it has one. and my temp gauge has never worked. so i installed a new temp sending unit, ran a new wire all the way back to the round plug on the back of my gauges. unfortunately that gauge still isnt working. All other gauges work great. and the gauge that bj's has, doesnt cover my year. HELP!
                            Last edited by 3rdelement; 11-20-2013, 12:45 PM.
                            Richard Ricketts

Comment

Working...
                            X