• Aug 09, 2000

Looking really good! Keep us updated
    1969 M715 6x6
    1963 J300 Swivel frame

Comment

• Tad
      • Nov 30, 2001

Excellent build!
      2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
      EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
      Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Chumley360
        350 Buick
        • Sep 06, 2007

Awesome!

Is the intercooler from the '94 as well?
        1968 M715-Driveway queen/in progress

Comment

• Resbum
          327 Rambler
          • Jun 16, 2010

Thanks.

Chumley360- Yep, the intercooler came with the engine. When it was time to make it fit it was either major mods to body work or cut two rows off the top. I went the easy route.

Resbum
          Originally posted by Resbum
          "What year is my truck?... Which part?" Build thread- http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/view...p=18290#p18290

Comment

• Hook574
            232 I6
            • Nov 02, 2011

Resbum, This is one of the best threads I have ever read! Well worth the wait on the pictures

I thought you might be a little OCD when I read it without the pictures, after seeing the pictures I now know you are a LOT OCD, thats why your build is coming out so well.

Congratulations on all of your hard word. I can't wait to see the rest.

Comment

• Austin 4x4
              350 Buick
              • Jul 28, 2009

awsome build. i love the way that frame looks rolling without the body on it.
              '73 J4000 4 door longbed http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=120147

'85 Wagoneer

YES i WILL be in ouray in 2013!

Comment

• budojeepr
                350 Buick
                • Feb 02, 2006

Originally posted by Hook574
                Resbum, This is one of the best threads I have ever read! Well worth the wait on the pictures
                X2

At first I thought you'd put the radiator in front of the valance, but behind the grille.

Sweet work!
                Don't be yourself. Be someone a little nicer. -Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (1913-1983)

Comment

• tgreening
                  258 I6
                  • Jan 06, 2008

Yeah, sorry for the unintentional tease. I use to prefer imageshack over photobucket for media hosting, but it has really been giving me problems for the last six months. More than half the photos I had placed in an album for this thread were currupted and I had to recreate the whole album.

Anyways, this is where the truck is at right now. I'm currently making the track bars and the cab is out getting the sheetmetal work done. I'll post more when I have something to update.

Resbum

P.S.- I've documented the build with over 700 pictures, so far. As time permits, I could do detailed writeups of certain parts of the build if anyone wants more info.

It nice to see someone doing a buildup like this who is actually doing it, instead of paying to have the bulk of the work done and passing it off as their own. I can only wish I was making the kind of progress you're making. Mine tends to run in spurts, and tiny little spurts at that.
                  83-ish V8 CJ/7 SOA 37" MTR
                  79 CJ7 Q/T, 258, 31's
                  77 CJ5, V8, 33's
                  94 Cherokee, 31's
                  68 J-3000, 232, 3 on the tree (under the knife soon)
                  78 J10, 360, Q/T, auto. Sacrificial lamb.
                  78 J20, 360, Q/T auto. Future unknown.
                  75 J20, 360, Q/T, auto. Reprieved sacrifice.
                  73 J20, 232, D20, 3spd. Axle sacrifice

Comment

• budojeepr
                    350 Buick
                    • Feb 02, 2006

P.S.- I've documented the build with over 700 pictures, so far. As time permits, I could do detailed writeups of certain parts of the build if anyone wants more info.
                    I'm going to be selfish and ask for more detail on your mod to fit a larger radiator. I have one rig with a 454 and one with a GM diesel, and both have no reserve when it comes to cooling capacity.

Thanks!!

Brad
                    Don't be yourself. Be someone a little nicer. -Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (1913-1983)

Comment

• Resbum
                      327 Rambler
                      • Jun 16, 2010

Originally posted by tgreening
                      It nice to see someone doing a buildup like this who is actually doing it, instead of paying to have the bulk of the work done and passing it off as their own. I can only wish I was making the kind of progress you're making. Mine tends to run in spurts, and tiny little spurts at that.
                      Austin 4X4 your avatar intrigued me so I checked out your build thread. Pretty freaking cool. The only way you can go bigger is to make it a dually.

Hook574- OCD? Man, I laughed my a** off when I read that. Yeah, there might be some of that going on.

tgreening actually kind of hit on it. 34 years ago I got my first project. It was a motorcycle that came to me as a frame and 3 boxes of parts. I was 14 and my dad bought me some basic tools and helped me get through it. For the next 33 years I was never able to do a project the way I really wanted to. Life, time, work, and finances always had to come first. Every motorcycle, autoXing, and 4X4 project always had to be a compromise.

I'm 48 now, divorced, and retired from the military back in March 2011. I decided after 30 years of working nobody but God was going to tell me what to do for a year or two. This project has been the first use of that time. I wander to the shop every day. Sometimes I work on it 3 hours, other times, like yesterday, I work on it 13 hours. Now that I've committed to going to the Ouray KOA Jeep Meet in July I see more of the 13 hour days in my near future.

I originally was just going to rebuild the Buick 350 and Turbo 400 that came in the truck, but the trans was a basket case and it's kinda morf'ed into what you see now. If I'd been married when I started this I'd be divorced now. I count myself extremely lucky that all the pieces fell into place that's allowed me to do this. With all my hobbies I've taken a lot of knowledge from forums because others made the effort to post info. If anyone can learn things from this thread it's just my way of paying that effort forward.

Resbum
                      Last edited by Resbum; 02-12-2012, 04:30 PM.
                      "What year is my truck?... Which part?" Build thread- http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/view...p=18290#p18290

Comment

• Resbum
                        327 Rambler
                        • Jun 16, 2010

Originally posted by budojeepr
                        I'm going to be selfish and ask for more detail on your mod to fit a larger radiator. I have one rig with a 454 and one with a GM diesel, and both have no reserve when it comes to cooling capacity.

Thanks!!

Brad
                        No worries. I actually documented that part pretty well because I wanted to be able to revert the changes if I found it wouldn't work. When I do the next update posts I'll include one on the radiator mod.

Resbum
                        Last edited by Resbum; 02-12-2012, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• budojeepr
                          350 Buick
                          • Feb 02, 2006

No worries. I actually documented that part pretty well because I wanted to be able to revert the changes if I found it wouldn't work. When I do the next update posts I'll include one on the radiator mod.

Resbum
                          Thanks (and thanks for your service!). I did some digging on ImageShack. This picture answered it for me...

Mind sharing the source for that lovely radiator?

Comment

• Hook574
                            232 I6
                            • Nov 02, 2011

Originally posted by budojeepr
                            Mind sharing the source for that lovely radiator?

My thoughts exactly. Congrats on your retirment, I'm very jealous

Comment

• Mikel
                              • Aug 09, 2000

This is the radiator we put into a friend's M715 with a 6BT.

Free Shipping - Summit Racing™ Universal Fit Aluminum Radiators with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Radiators at Summit Racing.

Last edited by Mikel; 02-12-2012, 04:14 PM.
                              1969 M715 6x6
                              1963 J300 Swivel frame

Comment

• KaiserMan
                                I got the Willys....
                                • Jun 21, 2005

Mikel, can you tell us about the 6 lug wheels but GM hubs on that M715? Is it all custom?
                                Thomas Russell
                                1987 Cherokee Laredo 2-Door 4.0/AW4
                                1971 Gladiator
                                J2000 Platform-Stake Dump 350/T18

1970 Gladiator J3000 3407Z Camper Truck 350/T18
                                1968 Wagoneer Custom 327/TH400

Comment

Working...
                                X