I'm roadtrippin' up to Portland this month!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnsonic
    258 I6
    • Mar 12, 2015

Looks like a ton of fun man - glad you had a great trip!
    1984 GW
    Comp 260H
    Harland Sharp Roller Rockers
    Wiseco -21cc Forged Pistons
    Performer Intake
    Holley SA 670
    MSD 8523
    Dakota Digital custom cluster
    Serehill headlamp harness
    NWMP aux tank

1987 GW deceased
    ...but the parts live on

Comment

• rang-a-stang
      Administrator
      • Oct 31, 2016

Originally posted by Driftwood
      This is the proper method of visiting Mt Hood!

Concur! No argument here. Wait, those aren't the rims on your rig last week. What happened to those? Is this when you guys picked it up? I notice it is also pre-truck mirrors....
      Originally posted by SOLSAKS
      Driftwood, that dang firecracker red wagoner just keeps getting
      better looking everytime I see it,(ESPECIALLY WITH THE BOAT ON TOP )
      one of my favorite rigs on the forum !
      dave in NC
      RIGHT?!? That red looks so nice!!!
      Originally posted by johnsonic
      Looks like a ton of fun man - glad you had a great trip!
      Thank's John! You're a big reason it was so epic!! Next time I head up, would you guy (and the G/F) want to hit a trail with us? Your truck would have had no problem on this trail. We saw a few more like this we want to try next time, too.
      Here's why we went to Boise. These are the 2 rooms we painted. Guess why we painted them. I also had a ton of little fixes to do to the house after the renters left. I have no way of conveying how bad I want to move into this house NOW; words fail me:

After

Drove home yesterday through some of the most desolate country I have ever driven through. We went south from Boise, down the west side of Nevada (rode the old Pony Experess trail in places), and then in through Eastern California. We passed through ALOT of towns that are almost ghost towns and saw some signs for some real Ghost Towns (Candelaria NV is the only one I remember off the top of my head). It was really interesting to see and if we weren't in such a hurry to get home, I would have loved to stop and explore/Take some pics.
      Our path:
      84W, Idaho 51S, Nevada 225S, 80W, Nevada 305S, Nevada 50W, Nevada 361S, 95S, Nevada 360S, 6S, CA 395S to 14S, to 5S, to blah blah blah (SoCal). I mention this because if you want to see some cool old ghost towns or near ghost towns, check out those roads. Mina NV, Lunning NV, Gabbs NV. pretty cool places. Here are some cool pics I took on the road. These pictures represent about 90% of what we saw:

Here is the summary from my Pathfinder's trip computer. I reset this as I backed out my driveway 2 weeks ago and took this picture as I pulled into my driveway last night. Drive from Downtown Boise to my driveway in Camarillo: 0830-2300 (All Pacific time) included one stop for dinner (~30 mins), 1 speeding ticket in Inyo County (~15 minutes), 3 brief stop's for fuel (~10 mins each), and 2 "Health and wellness" stops (about 10 minutes each). Keep in mind, this is Camarillo, to Portland, around Portland, to Mount Hood, Around mount hood, offroading, then Mount hood to Boise, back and forth between our AirBnB and Boise house, then Boise to home.

Here's what the tray of shame looks like after 2 weeks. That's all from the Xfer case.
      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
      (Cherokee Build Thread)
      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Driftwood
        350 Buick
        • Jun 12, 2000

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
        Concur! No argument here. Wait, those aren't the rims on your rig last week. What happened to those? Is this when you guys picked it up? I notice it is also pre-truck mirrors....

Here's what the tray of shame looks like after 2 weeks. That's all from the Xfer case.
        This is a older pic. Pre Cool-dude mirrors. I still have the slots. I want to give them a polish.....and awaiting permission to buy new BF Goodrichs for them. The set on it now will get used studded/snow tires this winter.
        I wonder if you know what "Winter" is... ; )

I don't see the tray of shame.....But I do see the Red Sea. : )

We are glad you got home safe.

SOLSAKS, You're missing good times!
        1979 Wagoneer

Comment

• johnsonic
          258 I6
          • Mar 12, 2015

Would be all over a trail next time you're up! Would be nice to get the WeGone-eer off the pavement for the 1st time.
          1984 GW
          Comp 260H
          Harland Sharp Roller Rockers
          Wiseco -21cc Forged Pistons
          Performer Intake
          Holley SA 670
          MSD 8523
          Dakota Digital custom cluster
          Serehill headlamp harness
          NWMP aux tank

1987 GW deceased
          ...but the parts live on

Comment

• Driftwood
            350 Buick
            • Jun 12, 2000

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
            . Wait, those aren't the rims on your rig last week. What happened to those?
            I still have them. They are stored behind my shed waiting for new tires and a buff/wax/polish attempt.

1979 Wagoneer

Comment

Working...
            X