X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • e_digg
    258 I6
    • Oct 26, 2009

When I first saw the scenery I thought it had to be VA. Is that NW of Charlottesville?
    1991 Grand Wagoneer
    My 91 Phoenix Build Thread

Comment

On the cooler, get a can of trans cooler flush (don't use compressed air!) and run it through the lines disconnected from the trans. It sprays pretty good so beware of that. If it doesn't flow clear, undo the ends from the rad. I had to take the cooler fittings off the rad to get things flowing.
      When the cooler clogs, the trans runs hot and the front seal shrinks away from the converter causing a major leak. Inspect the converter neck very carefully for cracks too (less likely on the 727 but extremely common on 9XX trans)
      Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• capdaddy222
        258 I6
        • Aug 16, 2008

I am not using the radiator portion of the trans cooler. I have only an aux cooler hooked up... Well in theory it was hooked up.

Pinched line kept it from working for sure.

Since I put in a new radiator This is completely my fault. I didnt see that the line was pinched when I installed the radiator.

So the cooler was mounted with the nipples pointed down. Is it possible to mount the cooler rotated 90 degrees so that the lines can be routed so that they wont be pinched? Will that cause any issues to have one port above the other? If I go that route, do I have to be sure to put the input above the output, or does it matter?

Option #1

Option #2

I want to do option #2. What say you?
        86 Grand Wagoneer Work in Progress
        360 Toasted TF727 NP228
        4" Lift
        33x12.5x15" tires
        "Shaggy" the Waggy

Comment

sounds good. At least you found the "clog"
          Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• capdaddy222
            258 I6
            • Aug 16, 2008

How can I tell Which line is the output line on the 727?

I dont want to have to start the truck to see which side sprays to find out
            360 Toasted TF727 NP228
            4" Lift
            33x12.5x15" tires
            "Shaggy" the Waggy

Comment

• addicted
              Big Meanie
              • Dec 11, 2004

Its the front one.
              Originally posted by Ristow
              i bet it was Simon....
              he's such big meanie that way...
              please don't tell him i said that....

Comment

• Mike D
                350 Buick
                • Jul 29, 2002

Where did you get those inner light brackets ... both my 63/64 dont have the 4 headlights ..
                64 Wagoneer 283 SBC
                50 truck
                63 J-200 Truck -- help bring home

Please, if you believe in the power of prayer, God and Jesus Christ... I beg you add my relationship with Heather Boyd to be reconciled to a new, stronger than ever, wonderful marriage ... to your prayer list and remember us daily.

Addendum:
                And now that im getting Divorced .. i want to work on it , but no one else does -- ^ -- Heather, please leave your affair with Josh Smith and come back to the father of your children

Comment

The front one on the trans.

Comment

• capdaddy222
                    258 I6
                    • Aug 16, 2008

Thanks Guys,

No comment on the trans cooler mounted fins vertical vs horizontal? Am I asking to trap air in there if I mount it vertical? I was going to put the input at the top so everything can drain back. Is that good/bad?

The inner lights are just rigged to stay in place without adjustment. I used some 5 3/5" buckets from a junkyard. I didnt bother with the adjustable bucket so I had to drill 3 holes to mount the "rim" that holds the light to the inner bucket. It is not right but it works for now. I only have the high beams hooked up since I only use them for off roading. The pattern is nice and gets me more candles out front.

This is close to what I ordered but I got them for $30/pair shipped so keep an eye out.

I am in search of a couple bezzles that match the 7"ers.

If people are interested, I can start another thread and take pics. It isnt hard but they are definitely a "good from afar" job right now.
                    360 Toasted TF727 NP228
                    4" Lift
                    33x12.5x15" tires
                    "Shaggy" the Waggy

Comment

• addicted
                      Big Meanie
                      • Dec 11, 2004

Input hose on the top and output on the bottom if you mount it horizontally. That is also the way it was done when they put them in from the factory.
                      Originally posted by Ristow
                      i bet it was Simon....
                      he's such big meanie that way...
                      please don't tell him i said that....

Comment

Working...
                      X