• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Banchee
    232 I6
    • Mar 20, 2009

New Jeep Pro-Flo 4 From Edelbrock

We have had a lot of inquires from Jeep owners wanting to know when our Pro-Flo 4 EFI system will be finished for the Jeep V8.

Well---------Just an FYI for anyone that is interested.

Edelbrock will be releasing the Pro-Flo 4 EFI system in the 4th. quarter of 2019. It will debut at SEMA in November. This is a completely new, self learning system, with a new intake design that uses a standard 4150 flange, and 35 lb./hr. injectors, and our Tech. Dept. tells me it "will be capable of 625 HP MAX".

Part number for the Jeep V8's is:
    #35650 for 1970-91.
    Last edited by Banchee; 07-31-2019, 01:29 PM.
    91 XJ Cherokee Limited
    99 Dodge Ram V10 4X4 (This thing will pull a house, but won't pass a gas station)
    2010 Grand Cherokee (Hemi)
    2014 Dodge Avenger SRT6 Blacktop
  • j2sax
    350 Buick
    • Mar 20, 2003

NIce.. can't wait for further details... I won't be at SEMA this year, but this will be one of many products I am looking forward to this year!
    Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• Madduck
      258 I6
      • Jul 19, 2005

not looking for a cage match, i'm sincere.
      the advantage of yours vs sniper?

my '79 cherokee 360 is what i'm looking for a fuel injected system for. not in a hurry to grab one so i'm looking forward the edelbrock.

thank you
      /r
      Last edited by Madduck; 07-31-2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• conehead
        232 I6
        • Apr 24, 2006

I hope it's easier to program than the original pro-flo system. I've has one on my 401 for years and have never been able to get it to run to my satisfaction. The only reason I've kept it is because I spent a lot of money for it.

Comment

• Banchee
          232 I6
          • Mar 20, 2009

There is a good amount of information at details about the advantages of the Pro-Flo 4 EFI systems on the website and in the Edelbrock catalog.

In short the Pro-Flow 4 is a fully sequential port injection system, not just a throttle body unit. It is also made in the USA unlike the Sniper.

Basically, it is "plug and play out of the box" You don't need a laptop or any tuning experience to set up. Pro-Flo 4 is self learning so it continually makes adjustments to improve engine performance and drivability.

I personally have the Pro-Flo 2 in one of my AMC's and it runs great, but I am really looking forward to the PF4 EFI system due to it's simplicity and self learning/tuning ability.
          91 XJ Cherokee Limited
          99 Dodge Ram V10 4X4 (This thing will pull a house, but won't pass a gas station)

Comment

• rang-a-stang
            Administrator
            • Oct 31, 2016

PPPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEE Tell me it will have a CARB EO number!!!

If it does, I will be posting 2 of my children for sale to get it!
            Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
            (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
            (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
            79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
            (Cherokee Build Thread)
            11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
            09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
            00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Banchee
              232 I6
              • Mar 20, 2009

I wish I could, but CARB will not give it an EO number due to it's adjustability and there is no EGR function. Don't you just love the CARB!!!
              91 XJ Cherokee Limited

Comment

• Madduck
                258 I6
                • Jul 19, 2005

i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so i don't understand something with this kit.

i don't think this is a throttle body injection style but i dont think it's a multi-port injection either. which is it and is there another injection style that i'm unaware of?

i had an '85 cj7 years ago. i installed the mopar MPI kit on that engine and absolutely loved it! it's been quite a few years ago so i may be imagining things but it seems that kit came with a fuel rail that lined up with the jugs that held each injector. i dont see that with this kit. i'm a shade tree mech so it's completely possible that i dont see/understand how this works.

thanks for coming here and answering questions.
                cheers, j-

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                  Administrator
                  • Oct 31, 2016

Originally posted by Banchee
                  I wish I could, but CARB will not give it an EO number due to it's adjustability and there is no EGR function. Don't you just love the CARB!!!
                  I love CARB more than the rust in my fender flares, the giant spare tire around my waist, cancer, and the plague combined.
                  Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                  (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                  (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                  79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                  (Cherokee Build Thread)
                  11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                  09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                  00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• babywag
                    out of order
                    • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by Madduck
                    i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so i don't understand something with this kit.

i don't think this is a throttle body injection style but i dont think it's a multi-port injection either. which is it and is there another injection style that i'm unaware of?

i had an '85 cj7 years ago. i installed the mopar MPI kit on that engine and absolutely loved it! it's been quite a few years ago so i may be imagining things but it seems that kit came with a fuel rail that lined up with the jugs that held each injector. i dont see that with this kit. i'm a shade tree mech so it's completely possible that i dont see/understand how this works.

cheers, j-
                    All the AMC Edelbrock pro flo systems have been MPFI w/ 8 injectors.

A sequential injection system is simply controlled by the computer with help of a sensor so it knows when to fire each injector.
                    Sequential/MPFI was primarily introduced to reduce emissions.

Originally posted by Banchee
                    The CARB is a joke...if they really cared about emissions/air quality they would be in love with EFI conversions.
                    Interesting they state EGR as an issue, Howell still uses a simple vacuum setup for EGR...NO idea how they actually allowed that to fly?
                    Tony
                    88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• Madduck
                      258 I6
                      • Jul 19, 2005

thanks much babywag.

for the didnt understand that mpfi was aka:sequential.
                      i'm looking forward to more info on this system.

cheers, j-

Comment

• Banchee
                        232 I6
                        • Mar 20, 2009

cheers, j-
                        This is a typical Pro-Flo 4 EFI system. This one happens to be for a small block Chevy, but will give you an idea what the Pro-Flo 4 EFI consists of. It is a true port injected EFI system!

91 XJ Cherokee Limited

Comment

• Madduck
                          258 I6
                          • Jul 19, 2005

thx banchee.
                          are you with edelbrock or a business owner that will sell this when it hits the market?
                          thank for the explanation.

cheers, j-

Comment

• Banchee
                            232 I6
                            • Mar 20, 2009

thx banchee.
                            are you with edelbrock or a business owner that will sell this when it hits the market?
                            thank for the explanation.

cheers, j-
                            I work there!
                            91 XJ Cherokee Limited

Comment

• johnsonic
                              258 I6
                              • Mar 12, 2015

Looks like I'll be waiting until Q4 to get fuel injection now...

This looks sweet, and the price point is great provided it will run around what the other pro-flow units go for. Can't believe you get the FI, distributor, AND intake for that money.
                              1984 GW
                              Comp 260H
                              Harland Sharp Roller Rockers
                              Wiseco -21cc Forged Pistons
                              Performer Intake
                              Holley SA 670
                              MSD 8523
                              Dakota Digital custom cluster
                              Serehill headlamp harness
                              NWMP aux tank

1987 GW deceased
                              ...but the parts live on