• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sunbeam Fanatic
    232 I6
    • Dec 19, 2009

MSD Fuel Injection ........

......... has anyone used it on an AMC V8?
    1979 Cherokee Chief 2 door
    Original RHD for the UK market
    AMC401 - GM4L60E (uprated)
  • babywag
    out of order
    • Jun 08, 2005

Yes.
    You can read about his install here.
    Tony
    88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• acct21
      327 Rambler
      • May 20, 2014

I didn't go through all 20+ pages, but from the looks of it he spent 2+ years getting it to run right?
      1990 Grand Wagoneer with HD towing package -- everything works! (for now...)

Comment

• babywag
        out of order
        • Jun 08, 2005

If you read whole thread you can see it could have been resolved quicker.
        He worked on it sporadically and IIRC the big issue was bad ignition system.
        GM style HEI??
        Seems switching to a duraspark resolved most issues?
        Tony
        88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• LosAlamosFSJ
          230 Tornado
          • May 28, 2019

Just Finished Installing MSD Ignition/Atomic EFI

I put an Edelbrock Performer 4bbl manifold on, then bolted in the MSD HEI and Atomic throttle body. I did a fuel return system to avoid spending more money and time installing the pump in the tank. I live in an area where there is no emissions testing so I deleted the EGR and the eliminated the cat-back system by removing the tubing from the catalytic converter to the exhaust manifold and welding up all the ports. In doing so, I decluttered the top of the engine and still have the vacuum I need for the transmission, transfer case and brake booster. First run last night was pretty good, the transmission shifts where it should and the engine is nice and smooth. Start up was easy even when cold. The only things I ran into that I had to really work out were modifying the throttle cable bracket to get the ball socket closer to the ball stud on the TBI and welding up ports on the cat-back system. The fuel pump is incredibly noisy so I'm going to build an aluminum box for it with some sound mat inside. I'll also re-mount the pump to the frame using rubber isolators.

Comment

Working...
          X