• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 661warwagon
    232 I6
    • Apr 21, 2016

Compatible consoles

I'm going to the local pull a part and I was wondering if there's overhead or center consoles that will fit right in to a 1990 gw burg. Interior
  • men in black
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jul 08, 2006

You can use a Tahoe console early or later versions. easy to paint any color.

Disassemble and put in the dishwasher when the misses is sleeping. to remove all the sticky

1990 Grand Wagoneer.. black with sand interior..
    Razor grille, Hella H4 headlights, Piaa driving, LED spider taillights, tinted windows.
    Full Corinthian leather front and rear seats, custom full length center console with cup holders. 100 sf of Rattle Trap on floor.
    Edelbrock intake and 2132 cam, Howell TBI, Ford Distributor Cap, TFI Ignition Coil, Desmogged

Comment

• Cliff
      350 Buick
      • Mar 30, 2002

I have the same console (first pic) which I think is from a 93 Tahoe. Fits perfect although at first it looked too big. I am getting used to it. My bluetooth stereo fits inside the console so my AM radio still resides in the dash, and works too.
      Cliff Danley
      1977 Cherokee S

Comment

• ZackN920
        350 Buick
        • Nov 18, 2015

I got the first style one that MIB posted in my 1994 Suburban. That thing is freakin' huge for a center console. Big cupholders in the front with that nice space for pens, business cards and other small junk as well. Back has pull out cupholders, inside has big compartment that (when factory), has a large removable tray/cubby thing. I'll tell ya though, I wouldn't want it in my Wag. Just doesn't fit in with the rest of the interior. Looks too big and bulky.

I have seen a few here that took a set up out of (I think) a buick/caddy/chevy from the 90's. They can still be used as a center 3rd seat or an arm rest with cupholders at the front and actually don't look bad when color matched to the interior.

For the Overhead console, if you have the factory wire harness you can get another overhead console from another 88-91 GW. You can also get one out of mid 80's to early 90's Chrysler mini vans, 88-95 XJ's and 93-95 Grand Cherokee's. I believe they should be able to just plug into your harness, or you could just change plug ends. Then they can be recovered in your color headliner or you can paint them. When I redid my headliner, I removed the bad headliner material from the o.c., cleaned the unit up, sprayed some undercoating on it, then painted it black. I think it looks good, matches with some of the other black trim in the interior.

Oh if you snag one of them factory overhead consoles out of the junkyard, and the vehicle still has fob's, grab em! Then you can have some (basic) keyless entry...As long as your power locks work.
        1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
        Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
        ...in pieces for more rust repair...

Comment

• acct21
          327 Rambler
          • May 20, 2014

That first one is '88-'94 Tahoe/Suburban. What we run in ours.

1990 Grand Wagoneer with HD towing package -- everything works! (for now...)

Comment

Working...
          X