• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • H Callaway
    350 Buick
    • Aug 13, 2005

ZM Jeeps

This really does need to be sold. It is a waste to see it stored outside. I am sure that there is not any seal sealer in the seams. To do this body justice, it needs to be acid dipped and phosphate coated. None of that is going to be cheap. I wonder why we have not seen Zach set some prices. You never know who might take him up on an unusual part. I know that I hate having to ask what something costs if it does not have a price on it.
    On the other hand I have yet to get an answer from ZM about any of his NOS parts and this was even with telling him via email, I knew going it that it would not be cheap. I guess I am just another tire kicker wanting something for nothing. Is business that good?

Originally posted by Geeeep
    You need to talk Zack (ZMJEEPS) into selling this.

900 plus pictures not in any order taken during restoration. (Plus a couple of assorted pictures that down loaded.)
    http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/hcallaway/

Originally posted by H Callaway
    This really does need to be sold. It is a waste to see it stored outside. I am sure that there is not any seal sealer in the seams. To do this body justice, it needs to be acid dipped and phosphate coated. None of that is going to be cheap. I wonder why we have not seen Zach set some prices. You never know who might take him up on an unusual part. I know that I hate having to ask what something costs if it does not have a price on it.
    On the other hand I have yet to get an answer from ZM about any of his NOS parts and this was even with telling him via email, I knew going it that it would not be cheap. I guess I am just another tire kicker wanting something for nothing. Is business that good?
    regardless of how good business is, personally i'll not buy from him. i never thought good bad or indifferent about him until he bought those fiberglass chero panels and sold them for profit to the next guy in line on the original sellers ad. sure we all need to make money and i don't blame him for that, but the way he did it on the sellers original ad was just wrong in my book.

Al
    79 Cherokee Chief "Kronk" - TBI350/SM465/NP205
    99 Dodge 2500 4x4 - Cummins 24v
    07 Mazdaspeed3 GT - Big turbo, 340whp

Comment

• Geeeep
      304 AMC
      • Nov 02, 2002

That pics from last August not long after he moved into his new space. I haven't been out there since. Wouldn't care to venture a guess as to where it is.

Originally posted by H Callaway
      Dave Pitts, located directly over the center of the earth!

GW - 87 GW 360/4bbl/727/208 Vinyl floor, manual windows, no woodgrain
      Find someone to haul your Jeep here: YT Hauling Schedule

Comment

• billyrb
        BJ's Off-Road
        • Aug 15, 2001

you can get his attention quickly.....post that you have some WT fenders for sale in the Classified section..... He's cornering the market
        BJ's Off-Road
        [email protected]
        Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• Bob Davis '80 Chero

Since he doesn't respond to me; I guess he is just hoarding the parts. I thought it was just me; seems to be a bunch of us. Maybe he is just busy.

Comment

• zmjeeps
            304 AMC
            • Jun 14, 2000

OK, getting beat about the head and shoulders. One at a time I guess:

H Callaway: I do have a price on that body, PM or email me and I'll give you a price. I wish I had room for it inside, but I don't. I do have a lot of prices on my NOS stuff, so if you've emailed me in the past and I haven't gotten back to you its because I've been busy, not ignoring you. Calling is the best way, I have an 800 number, 866-ZMJEEPS (866-965-3377). I'm in the shop 5pm-8pm weekdays and all day Sat and Sunday afternoons.

AlsChopShop: I did buy the panels from that ad, but I haven't sold them to anyone else. I bought them so I could see about making some patterns, but I haven't sold them to anyone else

billy: Stay out of this smart @$$

Bob Davis: Again, as above, nothing against you or anyone else, just very busy. Give me a call or shoot me an email and I'll do what I can. Thanks,

Zack
            Zack Heisey
            Z&M Jeeps
            419.893.4JEEP (4533)
            www.zmjeeps.com
            [email protected]

Comment

• JeepinPete
              304 AMC
              • Dec 09, 2003

Just to keep the record straight, I asked Zach what he wanted for them, but he never replied to my PM.
              Pete

'55 Willys Wagon, the original FSJ
              Sitting on a '77 Cherokee frame, Dodge D60's
              Isuzu 6BD1, NV4500, NP241

Comment

• zmjeeps
                304 AMC
                • Jun 14, 2000

Thank you Pete, I didn't reply, because they aren't for sale right now. Maybe in the future. I don't even have them in my posession yet.

Zack
                Last edited by zmjeeps; 06-01-2007, 01:25 PM.
                Zack Heisey
                Z&M Jeeps
                419.893.4JEEP (4533)
                www.zmjeeps.com
                [email protected]

Comment

• osok
                  230 Tornado
                  • Mar 30, 2007

My only experience with ZM:

I placed an order for an HEI for my buick 350 from his website. Zack got right back to me and easily answered all my questions. I recieved the product and it has performed just like he said it would. Good service and I would recommend him.

Comment

• joe
                    • Apr 28, 2000

I'm jumping here here because there are just to many people wrongly beating on Zack because of what they "think" is happening as compared to what's really going on. As Zack said "call him...he's busy but it's free" but yes you do actually have to suck it up and deal live and in real time with a human and not a virtual entity.
                    I've known(but not met him personally) and bought stuff from Zack from way back from the email fsj-list days years ago when he just started selling parts for FSJ's as a sideline to his real job. "My personal experience" with him has been 100% in all transactions period. Yes he knows what FSJ parts are worth to restorers and scabbers alike and no he's not a discount house junkyard dog. Folks don't be shopping for a NOS steering wheel for your $500 trail beater and be freaked over the cost of a NOS wheel. There are tons of junkyards and parts rigs for your needs.

+1 Zack...carry on.
                    joe
                    "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• FSJ-Earl
                      304 AMC
                      • May 02, 2003

I must chime in here and I am prepared to take some grief since Zack and I are good friends. I have seen Zack's emails, he gets literally hundreds per day from tire kickers that want to look, haggle, pick his brain, etc. just about everything but buy things from him. He is trying to balance a full time job and running ZM Jeeps to turn his passion of FSJs into a business that can support him. He has a RIDICULOUS amount of pieces, parts, and vehicles to sort through, anybody that has been at his shop / warehouse knows that, I know, I helped unload tractor trailers for four days, for 12 -
                      14 hours a day! Pick up the phone, call him, talk to a real live person as opposed to an email. He will answer the phone and he will talk to you to spend the time that is needed to get you the part you need. I have heard him talk somebody through 75% of an HEI installation over the phone! As far as prices and buying parts, I guess guys that buy NOS Corvette or Duisenberg or any other no longer in production car give their parts away for free and never buy parts on eBay and such then resell them....... That is the great part about a free economy and the theory of supply and demand.
                      FSJ-Earl
                      2002 F350 Diesel - tow rig / family hauler
                      2008 4 door JK Rubicon - Wife's Daily Driver
                      1989 GW - the one that started it all
                      1983 - J15 - J10 body + J20 running gear = J15 Trail rig

Comment

Working...
                      X