• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badaboom
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jun 05, 2001

electrical headlights on front turn signal lights no workie

electrical

front headlights on- front turn signal and hazard lights no workie.

front headlights off front parking turn and fender turn lights all function correctly including hazard lights

What is the issue?
    Any pointers,

checked all bulbs and sockets
    replaced both flasher units.
    1981 Jeep J10 Laredo, 401-V8, 625 Carter, Lunati 262/268, Edelbrock Performer, MSD Ign., Hydroboost, Hyd. Clutch, Flow Cooler WP, Be Cool Aluminum Radiator, Doug Thorley, NV4500 5-Spd, NP-231D, 3.73 F/R Trac-Locs, Rustys 4" Lift, Vintage Red Metallic, Black Interior and 33X10.50X15 BFG, FiTech400 to come - IN PROCESS Bling Bling Cha-Ching

Have you checked all your grounds? My next thought would be a bad headlight switch.

aa
    1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank

Comment

• nograin
      304 AMC
      • Dec 19, 2000

Too many variations in the wiring systems.
      On an 84-85 GW wiring, its possible to cross those circuits at the parking light. From what I recall when tracking mine, the J-trucks have a slightly simpler circuitry due to the rear light park/brake/arrangement.

I had to draw the circuit out by itself. '84-5 is too confusing to just read direct (for me anyway).

If thats frustrating, just check the bulbs and wiring to see if you can find anything crossing or grounding.
      '85 Grand Wagoneer
      360 727auto, NP229
      body by beer (PO)
      carries wood inside
      no "wood" outside
      My other car is a fish

Comment

• gpcl16
        232 I6
        • Apr 02, 2016

Do the front turn signals/lamps turn off completely when you turn headlights off or do they just stay on? Do they change brightness? Both front turn signals or just one? What does the turn signal light on the dash do when you put the turn signal on? Rear lights all working normally?
        1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
        4" BDS Suspension Lift
        Tru-Trac Rear
        Howell GM TBI with Custom Tune

Comment

Working...
        X