X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rstep
    304 AMC
    • Oct 09, 2003

Took the chero out for a test run after the SOA and got hung up on this speed bump at a local 4x4 shop.

The old chero did great with a 787 score and for the effort won it's class and a new set of Rancho shocks.Now to get some 33's under it.
    77 Cherokee 401/400 trans,Holley on edelbrock performer,PT 1339
    d44s,detriot rear ,diff guards front and rear
    Fabbed front and rear bumpers,Tire carrier
    33"BFG KM2's on black spokes
    Tadrack
    Interior upgraded,Durango console, custom gauge panel,bucket seats
    Soa,with 1" shackle up front
    Hood vents

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Made a lawn ornament out of the Honcho again until more money comes in.
      Scrubbed the heck out of the J20 to turn it into a red truck again. Wow what a difference, guess it has been a couple of years since its last bath.
      Took it out for a short cruise to show it off of course, then brought it back home and fired it up for the neighbors. Those Dunlop MT's sound wicked screaming and smoking.
      Tom Gibson
      1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
      1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
      1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
      2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• Heckofadeal
        232 I6
        • May 02, 2006

started taking apart the 401 to put in a cam and some other goodies. Crossing my fingers hoping Bulltear ships my distributor geaset before my days off this week!
        1982 Wagoneer, NP208, D44 Front, AMC 20 Rear, AMC 401, TF727, 4" suspension lift, 35X12.5 BFG MTs

Comment

• J10_Jimbo
          327 Rambler
          • Nov 23, 2004

I got my motor running in the '84 and got it out of the shop, so we pulled baby_hewy's truck in and pulled his motor apart. I think we found his problem.

Comment

• mcstord
            232 I6
            • Feb 18, 2007

Cut the fenders and added some flair!
            Attached Files
            Mike

83 WAGONEER
            4" BJs lift
            32" Wild Country RVT + used wheels
            Warn Hubs

Comment

• phisohex
              232 I6
              • Oct 16, 2007

alt

did the swap to a cs144 still hooking up wiring, did some fiberglass work on some holes...fixed light short.. hopefully it will run again soon.
              Patryk M.
              1990 GW
              360. edlebrock intake,cam,timing set, 650 cfm Thunder AVS carb, heddman headers. HEI
              Bjs 6in Lift, 1in shackles, 2in body lift, B&m FloorShifter, 33"xterrains,33gal bronco Tank,Flowmaster 40 Dual pipes,
              bjs aluminum rad. Electric Fan, sweet new paint job

Comment

• Keman
                232 I6
                • Jul 22, 2008

This weekend I fixed the power steering leak (replaced the high hose) and narrowed down the exhaust manifold leak... (Think I'll pay a shop to fix that!! )
                Anybody make a set of headders for a Kaiser 327?
                You might worry less about what most people think, if you understood how rarely they do.

67 Kaiser J3000, 327 vigilante, D44/D53, less than average rust. Currently "asthetically challenged"

05 TJ, wheelin rig.

Comment

• eyotajeeper
                  232 I6
                  • Feb 13, 2006

Got my '72 J4000 running yesterday with a new flexplate from rockauto. Dropped the 360 out of my '74 CJ5 into it for now 'til I get that all redone.

ALso stole the wheels and tires off the CJ, 35/15/15 Swampers.

Kid got carried away with the rattle can when I had my back turned so it got a racing stripe and a new nickname(the red sled).

Gonna take it to the woods tommorow and cause some pain.

Comment

• snoopy
                    232 I6
                    • Nov 11, 2004

Finished the plumbing on my new Aerotech fuel tank and looked at the body lift. Gotta figure out whats making the cab sit cockeyed before I can tighten it down. Really looking forward to changing out the ball joints and brake rotors on the front next.
                    www.patriotguard.org/ because it does matter.

Comment

• badscooter
                      232 I6
                      • Jul 15, 2008

completly rebuilt the front knockles on the d44
                      and went over the whole truck with real fine grit steel wool to get the pait to look halfway decent
                      Last edited by badscooter; 08-18-2008, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Keman
                        232 I6
                        • Jul 22, 2008

So, now I have rebuilt the carb, cleaned up the engine some, replaced a belt, and am still needing to fix the exhaust leak. I started the paint this weekend by sanding and shooting the tan for the roof. (it was too hot outside to do much more than that)

She runs great, even did a death run test in stop and go traffic on I-5 through downtown Seattle in 90+ weather. She ran well, and took the heat without an issue.

Now the Kaiser is finally parked at my house so I can work on it whenever I like, instead of an hour away at my girlfriend's place.
                        You might worry less about what most people think, if you understood how rarely they do.

67 Kaiser J3000, 327 vigilante, D44/D53, less than average rust. Currently "asthetically challenged"

05 TJ, wheelin rig.

Comment

• mic63
                          258 I6
                          • Aug 19, 2004

Finished the front axle. New seals and bearings. Took it to a local Threshing show and got into the parade. Their was a long incline that worked out great. In 4WD low and first gear, I was abel to let it idle up hill. With all the other tractors thumpin and being the first vehicle behind the steam traction engines, you could'nt hear in running. A lot of thumbs up and suprised looks on peoples faces after the anouncers let them know it is a 1963. At the auto shows I hear "Nice Jeep". At the threshing shows I hear so many Jeep stories, it's a very fun time. This years best stories came from a guy that worked for Kaiser Jeep during the 1960's as a sales rep for the upper midwest states.
                          1963 Wagoneer. 230 OHC Tornado. Three on the tree.
                          http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r...63%20Wagoneer/

Comment

finished putting the roof on my rig.
                            Places to Wheel in the Southeast

Originally posted by Topgun2mo
                            I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
                            Originally posted by johnny019
                            I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Comment

• Justin Kerns
                              350 Buick
                              • Feb 24, 2004

Finished my razor grill swap.
                              Justin
                              79 Cherokee S 360, TH400, QT

Comment

• fulszjep
                                232 I6
                                • Jul 01, 2006

What I did to jeep

Bought tilt column from ebay. Column from a super or super custom wagon. Picked up winch and ramsey bumper. Got a chrome transfer case shift knob. Got a a/c unit that has the chrome package vents. Got my indicator lights red and green 2 light set up.
                                1970 Jeep Custom Wagoneer
                                1967 Super Wagoneer

Comment

Working...
                                X