• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thinder
    232 I6
    • Sep 18, 2009

Like this??

Here is my headliner. Its not too echo-ie. I have butyl all over the floor, and a cummins though, so maybe i just cant hear the echos.

86 Grand Wagoneer
    Cummins Ve pumped 4bta
    47RH
    np241
    D44 front and rear

Comment

• GrandWag&Prix
      258 I6
      • Nov 13, 2009

That looks much better than I could ever have imagined! I LIKE! Is that bead board?
      2009 Pontiac G8 GT
      1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
      Spinnaker Blue Metallic
      Webpage with lots of pics
      1983 Suzuki GS1100E
      1982 Chrysler LeBaron

Comment

• thinder
        232 I6
        • Sep 18, 2009

Yep, I had to use foam and fabric on the sides, front and rear. Then trim the board to fit over the front and rear lip. You kinda push it all the way forward and then slide it back and your done. Plus some careful measurements for lights and a few screws into one of the roof bows.

Originally posted by GrandWag&Prix
        That looks much better than I could ever have imagined! I LIKE! Is that bead board?
        86 Grand Wagoneer
        Cummins Ve pumped 4bta
        47RH
        np241
        D44 front and rear

Comment

• GrandWag&Prix
          258 I6
          • Nov 13, 2009

Just beautiful. Is it square (perfectly rectangular), or does it taper slightly?
          2009 Pontiac G8 GT
          1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
          Spinnaker Blue Metallic
          1983 Suzuki GS1100E
          1982 Chrysler LeBaron

Comment

• marshotel
            258 I6
            • Dec 10, 2008

Very cool Tinder! Thats exactly what I had in mind - the beadboard gives it the slotted look I was imagining. Great work. Would you provide some close up pics of the seams above the windshield/rear gate and sides? That seems like it will be the most challenging part.

Thanks,

Todd
            87 GW
            4" Skyjacker; 31x10.5 Goodyear MTR
            Rebuilt 360:
            .040 over, crank polished, block decked, 3 angle valve job, Edelbrock Performer intake, cam, carb (650); shorty headers

Comment

• skwashua
              232 I6
              • Aug 27, 2010

I replaced the inside rear cargo panels with wood. Looked good and worked well, but I wouldn't recommend putting huge subwoofers in there like I did. Too many things came loose!
              This looks fantastic. I would love to do something like this. Guess I should find somebody with some woodworking tools.

How much did you spend on the wood?
              1982 Cherokee Laredo ~ Posi D44 front, Detroit D60 rear ~ 360 w/edelbrock carb, TF727, NP208 ~ 6in lift ~ 305/70R16 (33in) Wrangler M/T

Comment

• WagoneerinWi
                258 I6
                • Mar 19, 2010

I've been considering Baltic Birch for the GW Headliner. This is what I had in mind:

1985 GW

Comment

• GrandWag&Prix
                  258 I6
                  • Nov 13, 2009

Originally posted by skwashua
                  This looks fantastic. I would love to do something like this. Guess I should find somebody with some woodworking tools.

How much did you spend on the wood?
                  Not much at all, maybe $25. I did spring for the solid maple though instead of the veneer because I knew I was going to mount some speakers in there and I wanted some strength to them. Thanks for the props!

The Baltic Birch in that VW Bus would match the "sand" and "caramel" interiors of GW's pretty well.
                  2009 Pontiac G8 GT
                  1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
                  Spinnaker Blue Metallic
                  1983 Suzuki GS1100E
                  1982 Chrysler LeBaron

Comment

• Tigger4X
                    AMC 4 OH! 1
                    • Nov 16, 2001

An interesting idea and some fantastic workmanship for sure!

I'd consider the heavy wood for the cargo area with recessed metal cargo strips, as well as outfit the dash and door panels in a matching veneer, and then finish it off with the heavier stuff for the kick and rear side panels. But for the dash pad and headliner I'd probably go with some custom stuff from SMS Headliners; he's here on IFSJA. Man I wish I knew how to PhotoChop. I'd be dangerous!
                    Originally posted by will e
                    Keep in mind. Getting old is easy. Being old is hard.
                    Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206

Comment

• Fresh89
                      232 I6
                      • Jul 05, 2010

Originally posted by WagoneerinWi
                      I've been considering Baltic Birch for the GW Headliner. This is what I had in mind:

Before my wagoneer I had a 74 bus and a 67 bus, and when it was time to do the headliner, I was going to go with the baltic birch. But now looking at the other wooden headliner, I sort of like that look better.

My headliner is ready to get changed...and I am trying to tackle a few small projects over my winter break (until january 24th). I'm thinking about replacing all panels and the ceiling with wood. hmmm...
                      '89 grand wagoneer w/ 3" Rough Coutnry Lift + 31" Goodyear Wranglers

Comment

• thinder
                        232 I6
                        • Sep 18, 2009

The board is Square. I only had to trim it about 1/2" in width. Then I used foam and Fabric to blend the sides, front and back to the rood panel. Ill get some pics for you in a bit.

Just beautiful. Is it square (perfectly rectangular), or does it taper slightly?
                        86 Grand Wagoneer
                        Cummins Ve pumped 4bta
                        47RH
                        np241
                        D44 front and rear

Comment

• thinder
                          232 I6
                          • Sep 18, 2009

Pics

86 Grand Wagoneer
                          Cummins Ve pumped 4bta
                          47RH
                          np241
                          D44 front and rear

Comment

• guishe
                            232 I6
                            • Nov 19, 2008

I have to say that it looks fantastic, and some time ago I make some sketches to make a complete instrument panel carved in wood... untill one day, before I start to make it, I saw an accident between a Station Wagon and other truck. The SW has real wood in the exterior, similar to yours., and that thing looked like a porcupin after the crash.
                            That was enough to make me change my mind about wood in the inside.

Comment

• Elliott
                              Cowboy Up
                              • Jun 22, 2002

Originally posted by guishe
                              I have to say that it looks fantastic, and some time ago I make some sketches to make a complete instrument panel carved in wood... untill one day, before I start to make it, I saw an accident between a Station Wagon and other truck. The SW has real wood in the exterior, similar to yours., and that thing looked like a porcupin after the crash.
                              That was enough to make me change my mind about wood in the inside.
                              I had heard that is why the quit using it for dashboards. Don't know if that is true or not...
                              *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
                              ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• jMedia
                                350 Buick
                                • May 27, 2009

How did you mount that would panel to the roof, it looks very cool. Did you put any backing on it?
                                Thanks!
                                Joshua
                                1988 Grand Wagoneer "Elwood"(thanks krek)
                                Constantly changing, never done

Comment

Working...
                                X