X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HeavyMetal
    258 I6
    • Apr 10, 2000

For all that all that are interested in the floor pans and bedsides check out my post in the General msg form under Replacement bedsides and floor pans. Hope this helps
    87 J20<br />360, Dana 60<br />Factory Sportbar<br />Smittybilt Pushbar<br />Pre-runner bed mount tire holder<br />Rhino grill<br />TFI Upgrade<br />\"Heavy Metal\"<br />DON\'T CRUSH EM, RESTORE EM!

Comment

• desert_freak
      350 Buick
      • Dec 25, 2000

tadsal, access to a plasma cutter We may need to talk

P.J.
      '74 J10, Soon SBC/700R4/208 on 35's
      '90 Wagoneer/Klune/208/SOA w/Custom Spring Hangers/HP D44 Alloy USA Axles/14 Bolt/Locked F&R/37" MTRs on H2 Rims/BJ's Bumpers/Custom Rock Sliders/Tad Rack...

Comment

• sandmanb
        304 AMC
        • Nov 03, 2001

heavy metel,what is msg?isnt there a link somebody could post?
        89 grand wagoneer stock daily driver. 78 cherokee chief w/t 401 trail jeep project. 87 grand wagoneer, for sale

Comment

• sandmanb
          304 AMC
          • Nov 03, 2001

never mind ,just saw new post in general discution.
          89 grand wagoneer stock daily driver. 78 cherokee chief w/t 401 trail jeep project. 87 grand wagoneer, for sale

Comment

• JohnnyJ
            258 I6
            • Jan 21, 2001

I just did mine and used 16 gauge. It is really and easier to weld on than the thinner stuff. My Wag now sounds really solid when slamming the doors.

Luckily I had a friend who was able to cut the panel to shape and all I had to do was bend it and drill holes. It took some time, but I think it came out ok. Not great, but not bad for a first timer.

It really sounds weird to start the engine, it is soooo quiet with metal between me and the starter. Although now I noticed that the muffler is tapping against the frame. I gotta fix that this weekend because it is one of the last major noises.
            Past Project: Stock Class TREC Racer Build Thread
            Current project: bringing back my 75 Wagoneer

Comment

• fitron74
              232 I6
              • Aug 29, 2001

sandmanb,
              I had similar problem on my 87 gw. Fortunately my repair area was small and I used 22 ga. sheet metal, rust-proofed it with POR-15 then some fiberglas over top. For a larger area use a heavier gauge steel,16-18 ga.,if you can weld it, great! Use some thin aluminium sheet metal to form a pattern that can be used to more easily form and shape the steel sheet metal outside of the vehicle before you weld it on.Then use POR-15 to treat the top and bottom to stop any future rust for good.
              Carry on,
              Fitron74
              Dale Swaney<br />Warren, PA

Comment

• OBX-AUTOMOTIVE
                GRUMPY
                • Apr 10, 2001

THIS IS THE LAST ONE...HE,HE,

Comment

Working...
                X