• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beach_Dude
    327 Rambler
    • Mar 03, 2011

Air injection hose / check valve

Today I noticed that the hose on my air injection system were cracked at the check valve.

So I pulled off the check valves to test them and there's barely any restriction in them. Should I be able to blow freely on both ends? Aren't they supposed to have a valve that restricts pressure from the exhaust?

Futhermore, where can I get a good price on oe Sillicone tubes to match the stock system? I'm kind of shocked that I can't find them. Also, grandwagoneer has them for $50 and it's straight tube. I could use copper 90' fitting to bend it, but then again, it's blue and I just want the stock tubes.

Any ideas? Thanks guys!
    1977 Jeep Cherokee Chief
    360 w/ MC 4350
    All stock but ignition and slightly modified suspection
    Original paint, garaged/non-op for over 15 years
  • cajunKen
    350 Buick
    • Feb 19, 2007

I've found silicone vacuum lines at NAPA-not blue, kind of a reddish tan, but they get the job done.

As for the check valves, I would think you're right, they should be restricted from the exhaust side. I'm not 100% sure, but you could probably find check valves in a junk yard out of anything with an AIR system....I doubt they're Jeep specific, I would think they'd be kind of a generic part used by everybody, but ya never know
    Ken

'87 GW-360, 727/229, TFI, Holley Street Dominator manifold & Edelbrock 1406. Stock lift & tires.

Beef-It's what's for dinner....cause there ain't no d@mn shrimp in Colorado!

Comment

• tgreese
      • May 29, 2003

The check valves are a commodity part. You should be able to get them at your loacl parts store - they might even have them in stock. Standard AV7 or equivalent. Not expensive; about $10 each. RockAuto has at least 4 different brands. They need to work, otherwise exhaust gas will go backwards into your air pump and corrode it.

You want the molded air tubes, from the pump to the diverter valve and manifolds? No source that I know of, other than NOS or used. Try a Jeep dealership... maybe they are still in their parts system.

Also, it's really important to put the year, model and equipment of your Jeep in your message somewhere. Most people put this in their sig, so that it's given with every message.
      Last edited by tgreese; 03-14-2011, 06:09 AM.
      Tim Reese
      Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps.
      Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination ATs, 7600 GVWR
      Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
      GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
      ECO Green: '15 FCA Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk

Comment

• newtojeeps
        350 Buick
        • Jun 28, 2006

use straight tube and bend some EMT tube for the corners. You just need the hose to connect the emt to the check valves and air pump.

Comment

• Michael_King024
          258 I6
          • Jul 23, 2010

i have a couple of stock used smog assemblies with valves, hoses, and stock clamps in the barn...i think i even have a couple of the injection manifolds also with the banjo's...pm me if interested with a list of what you need and i can check on it this evening

infact heres one of em right here
          Last edited by Michael_King024; 03-14-2011, 10:15 AM.
          Big Mike
          83 wag limited-360-
          89 G.wag -360-
          "10-4 rubber duck"
          "In GOD we trust..all others pay cash"
          -mat. 21:42-

Comment

Working...
          X