• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CasualGourmet
    232 I6
    • Oct 20, 2009

77 Cherokee SOA and Shackle Flip

So now I am starting my suspension build and I'm doing the standard SOA with 6in shackles and going to take off the rear shackle box to do a shackle flip. On the shackle flip I bought a set of Dodge 2500 rear leaf spring hangers which in my calculations will give me about 6in without the shackles.... the forward leaf spring mounts are made to be 3in drop to not offset the axle in the wheel well, but also the perches will be ground off and new installed at the angle needed for the rear drive shaft. Now with the SOA the rear leaf spring mounts are custom as well "Beefier" with 6in shackles this should be level front to rear minus the fact of maybe a shim on the front......don't know but by my math and mock up I should be close to level. Hell I might be able to stuff 42in military tires under it.. (wife might not like it but she doesn't drive it....lol) I would love feed back and thoughts. ....yes I do have high steer plans but they are custom stainless tie rods with heim joints. Thanks as alway for the support!

Ps.
    my leaf springs are from a 2007 Dodge 2500 4wd if that helps!
    Last edited by CasualGourmet; 03-11-2013, 07:04 PM.
    Give a man a fish he will eat for a day unless it's a really big fish but, teach him to fish and he will drink beer all day!
    1977 Jeep Cherokee wide trac 2nd owner 88,981 miles
    2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
  • Mr. Goatman
    327 Rambler
    • Jan 05, 2006

I would think designing your rear brackets to correct pinion angle would be easier than cutting and relocating you axle perches. I am a little unsure exactly where your putting the 6" shackles.
    Remember; When it comes to tools and toys forgiveness is ALWAYS easier than permission!

Comment

• Tad
      • Nov 30, 2001

Originally posted by Mr. Goatman
      I would think designing your rear brackets to correct pinion angle would be easier than cutting and relocating you axle perches. I am a little unsure exactly where your putting the 6" shackles.
      I'm a bit confused with the 6" shackle part also.
      Perhaps a simpler description or drawing would help us.
      2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
      EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
      Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

Working...
      X