X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    304 AMC
    • Apr 08, 2001

Considering Holley TBI system

I am considering the Holley Pro-Jection 670cfm two barrel system for my 401.

I am probably going to need a new carb anyway so I may wait and save up the additional five bills to go with FI. With the sky high fuel prices, it would not take long for FI to pay for itself.

Anyone on the board using the exact system that I am looking at?

Pro's and Con's?

------------------

Ol'e Blue
    79 Wagoneer 401/T400/QT

Red 75 Wagoneer (project)
    Mean Green 76 Wagoneer (parts car)
    99 Dodge Ram TD

[email protected]
    David
    76 NT Cherokee
    83 CJ7
    05 Frontier CC 4x2
  • Red78j10
    232 I6
    • May 08, 2001

I am going to do the same setup on my 360. I E-mail Holley tech support and they gave some good info. Each on of there TBI's have a power regulation, For Example: One of them, the motor can not have more than 275HP. I think you are on the RIGHT!! path, i say go for it. If you planning not to have to many horses in your motor, yo might want to think about going to the junk yard and pull a TBI's off a late Chevy. I think, and I say I think Holley made the TBI's for chevy. I am not sure about that. It might be worth checking into. Let us know how things turn out, Pic's stuff like that. GOOD LUCK

------------------
    1978 j10
    360/TH400/Q-TRAC
    ELDERBROCK MAN/CARB
    33 INCH GOODYEAR M/T
    1978 j10 Red<BR>360/TH400/Q-TRAC<BR>ELDERBROCK MAN/CARB<BR>33 INCH GOODYEAR MT/R

Comment

• SpruceMoose
      350 Buick
      • Nov 01, 2000

dont forget ebay! thats where i got all my induction system mods. i am very happy with the results, but i have not seen a mpg increase. i think the 2bbl carb (2150) that came on the waggy was set up too lean in the first place. lots of pinging, even on premium gas. not much power either. now i have lots of torque off a stop light, running regular gas (-20 cents), and no pinging.

------------------
      88 Grand Wagoneer
      "Spruce Moose"

See the Moose at: http://www.FSJtheMoose.homestead.com/pics.html

AMC 360, DANA 44 F/R 2.72, TF 727, NP 229
      Jacobs Pro-Street Ignition, Edelbrock 4bbl Intake with Holley 2bbl Analog Pro-Jection
      Flowmaster 2.5" 50 Series Delta muffler and tubing
      Amzoil foam air filter, Amzoil fluids all around
      30x9.5 BFG AT
      HF,VHF,UHF ham rigs and too many antennas (not)
      8-Ball shift knob from college (1975)
      Hella aux. driving lights

Next: 3" Rough Country 4-spring lift, Killer32 Bumpers and nerfs, 31 or 32" A/Ts

Mileage? We don't need no stinkin' mileage!
      88 Grand Wagoneer<br />\"Spruce Moose\"<br /><br />See the Moose at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.fsjworld.com/mygallery.asp?id=3294\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fsjworld.com/mygallery.asp?id=3294</a> <br /><br />AMC 360, DANA 44 F/R 2.72, TF 727, NP 229<br />Jacobs Pro-Street Ignition, Edelbrock 4bbl Intake with Holley 2bbl Analog Pro-Jection<br />Flowmaster 2.5\" 50 Series Delta muffler and tubing<br />K&N cone air filter, Amzoil fluids all around<br />31x10.5 BFG A/T KO<br />Rusty\'s 4\" lift<br />Home-made tube nerfs and bumpers<br />BJs Muscle grill<br />HF,VHF,UHF ham rigs and too many antennas (not)<br />8-Ball shift knob from college (1975)<br />Hella fog and driving lights<br />Kenwood MP3 HU, Orion sub amp, Jensens all around<br /><br />Mileage? We don\'t need no stinkin\' mileage!

Comment

• Ralph
        Third Member
        • Apr 11, 2000

I've been paying lots of attention to the Holley TBI posts for some time now. Everyone seems to be getting noticeable performance gains -- except in terms of fuel economy.

Holley now makes an ECU called the Commander 950, which will work with the throttle body systems as well as port. This computer controls fuel AND ignition (with the right kind of distributor), which is what you need to get better gas mileage.

------------------
        J ust
        E mpty
        E very
        P ocket
        We did it to Japan. We can do it to it to Iran!

Comment

• matthew
          232 I6
          • Nov 10, 2000

Have yall checked out the TPI GUY's stuff? It seems to be pretty good, check out his site http://members.aol.com/customefis I just orderd a port efi from him, can't wait to try it out.

Matt

------------------
          84 GW
          TFI Ignition, Edelbrock Perfromer Cam, MuliPort Fuel Injection on order.
          AMC 360<br />Edelbrock Perfromer Cam, Carb and Intake Manafold<br />TFI Ignition

Comment

304 AMC
            • Apr 08, 2001

I have looked at his work and it looks and sounds to be a quality system. My concern would be replacement parts, tech support and someone to lean on if problems arose.

Anyone running Custom EFI hardware?

David
            76 NT Cherokee
            83 CJ7
            05 Frontier CC 4x2

Comment

• ironroad29
              360 AMC
              • Nov 12, 2000

well from what i gather the tbi system uses genaral gm parts you can get these parts almost any parts store just get it for anything that had tbi from gm

------------------
              "If a jeep can't take you there, maybe you should think twice about going"
              Looking for a j truck in VA.
              1977 impala coupe lt1 swap in progress
              2004 crown vic LX sport
              1997 2 door Tahoe sport
              preparing for a bleak future...

Comment

• clay_pittman
                232 I6
                • May 16, 2001

i got the same setup on my 360 j -10 it gave me great power and MILEAGE GAINS !!

------------------
                1983 j-10
                amc 360
                holly efi
                31x10.5 r 15 at's
                new paint
                1983 j-10<BR>amc 360<BR>holly efi<BR>31x10.5 r 15 at\'s<BR>new paint

Comment

304 AMC
                  • Apr 08, 2001

clay,

Can you detail the install and include driveablity and mileage input?

Thanks, 243
                  David
                  76 NT Cherokee
                  83 CJ7
                  05 Frontier CC 4x2

Comment

• clay_pittman
                    232 I6
                    • May 16, 2001

the holly kit came w/every thing needed the actuel injection unit looks alot like a carb and instales in the same way it comes with a controle box i mounted under the seet which has knobs to controle's chock, accelerator pump, idle, high, and low. you need a fuel pump that will put out between 15 and 22 psi. the included installation manuel is prity compleet, as far as mileage my j10 in all time 4x4 has got as good as 18 before the new tires, i wouldnt trade mine fore any carb out there its great, and the controle box can be put in a place for convineant fine tuning,,

------------------
                    1983 j-10
                    amc 360
                    holly efi
                    31x10.5 r 15 at's
                    new paint
                    1983 j-10<BR>amc 360<BR>holly efi<BR>31x10.5 r 15 at\'s<BR>new paint

Comment

Working...
                    X