Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Jeep Railroad Rendezvous 2006-CT 7/15/06

Here is your official invitation to our 5th annual Big Jeep Event,
    THE BIG JEEP RAILROAD RENDEZVOUS 2006. This Year we are again having it at The Danbury Railway Museum located at 120 White Street in Danbury, CT 06810.

This year will be the largest yet. Last year we had over 160 jeeps and close to 500 attendees!
    We are again expecting between 100-200 jeeps this year.
    It is being held on July 15th from 10am to 2pm with no rain date.
    If it rains we are having the show anyways.
    Here are some pics from the show: http://www.completejeephistory.com/t...zvouspics.html

As Always The Big Jeep Events are not affiliated with any club whatsoever. We are a few crazy guys from CT with nothing better to dot than put on these shows so all Jeep owners, regardless of their clubs, can come together for a day to mingle with each other and maybe win some cool things at the same time!

We welcome Jeeps from all over! Last year we had people from MA, CT, RI, ME, NJ, NH, PA, NY...hopefully we will add even more states to this list. We want your help in making this the best Jeep Show in the Northeast!

Admission for jeep entrants will be a $6 donation per vehicle, which also will give you FREE admission to the museum. If you would like to ride on one of the antique
    trains it will be an extra $2 per person to do so.

Spectators will pay $10 each and
    that will include Jeep show, museum admission and train ride.

We have added more categories this year. They are;
    Farthest Distance Traveled
    Best Military
    Muddiest
    Best Vintage (Pre-1970)
    Best Stock
    Tallest (From stock)
    Ugliest
    Highest Mileage
    Best Full Size
    Worst Beater
    Best XJ/MJ

Best ZJ/WJ
    Best WK/XK/KJ
    Best TJ/LJ
    Best Off-Road Rig
    Best “Show” Rig
    Best Daily Driver
    Best CJ
    Best YJ
    Most Modified
    Most Unique
    Best of Show

There will be awards for each of the winners in these categories

There will be food available from the DRM for a small donation (couple of dollars)

The Danbury Railway Museum is really a fascinating place in itself. They have one of the largest private collections of old trains in the country.
    There will be showings of Old Jeep Production and Test Drive videos shown in the museum during show hours.

As always there will be dozens of Free Raffles offered. We will also be offering some Raffles for a couple of Dollars each as well.

There will be space for vendors this year. If you are interested in getting a space just let me know so we can work out details but basically if you contribute something for the raffle you can have a table for free, if no contribution then the table will be $25.

We will also have space for clubs who want to promote their clubs and/or get new members. Same deal-If you contribute it's free, if not then it's $15.

If you have something to sell swap-meet-style then you are welcome to do
    so providing you contact me first and I give you the go-ahead

This event will be videotaped and will be available on DVD for purchase. DVDs of previous years show will be for sale.

Don’t forget there will be tons of FREE raffles and goodies for everyone.

This show will be awesome!
    As always I will be taking pre-registration by e-mail at
    [email protected]

Hope everyone can come-the more the better!

Directions from northern/eastern CT, MA, ME, NH, VT.
    Take Interstate I-84 W and get off exit 8. Bear right of exit. Go 3 miles through 9 traffic lights and follow signs to Jeep Show entrance.

Directions from Southern CT, RI, NY, NJ etc. Take
    Interstate I-84 E and get off exit 5. Go straight to traffic light at Main St. Turn right onto Main St. Go .6 miles and turn left onto White St. Turn right at first light and follow signs for Show entrance.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2006, 04:44 AM.
  • Battle_Wagon_NJ
    327 Rambler
    • Jun 08, 2005

You forgot people from NJ! Cool show, check it out people.
    1986 Grand Wagoneer, HEI, 4" spring lift, 31" BFG tires, vintage warn winch, 100k mi (mint when I bought it in 2001, now - not so much!)
    The Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Someone you know used to drive one of these. Ask me about Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club events.

Comment

• Greenfire
      350 Buick
      • Nov 13, 2004

I had a great time last year. Looking foward to it again!
      1984 J10

Comment

Originally posted by Battle_Wagon_NJ
        You forgot people from NJ! Cool show, check it out people.
        I made the change for ya-I never seem to remember the 51st state......

Comment

• 91G-Dub
          360 AMC
          • Aug 21, 2004

51st State representing

Originally posted by ctjeepman
          I made the change for ya-I never seem to remember the 51st state......
          For those of you that don't know what CTJeepman means when he refers to the 51st state, he's talking about "South Jersey" not to be confused as a part of New Jersey.

Would love to make it to this event. Battle Wagon went last year and told me how great it was. It's on my calendar but have a family event conflict . You know how that goes.
          91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
          1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
          It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by 91G-Dub
            It's on my calendar but have a family event conflict . You know how that goes.
            Not really...I usually drag them along no matter what

Comment

i will be there again this year.hope to have 2 grands(3 if i can get the 86 going ).hopefully my brother will have his j4000 ready,and his ol lady has a liberty .
              85 gw 215k and still going
              castrated(de-wooded)360 2" espo springs 31x10.5
              89 gw,free,almost legal

She can dance a Cajun rhythm,Jump like a Willys in four wheel drive,

the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams

"Our militarized "law enforcement" has become the standing army our founders feared"

Comment

Originally posted by talntar
                hope to have 2 grands(3 if i can get the 86 going )
                One of the girls gonna drive the 3rd one? My son asked me last night if I could teach him to drive one of the "big" jeeps so he could drive over the roof of our house with it

Comment

Originally posted by ctjeepman
                  One of the girls gonna drive the 3rd one? My son asked me last night if I could teach him to drive one of the "big" jeeps so he could drive over the roof of our house with it
                  i'd find someone but,if not then the prizes she gets would be worth it
                  is yours mad at the house for some reason?
                  89 gw,free,almost legal

"Our militarized "law enforcement" has become the standing army our founders feared"

Comment

Nope-he just thinks that Because it's got a 6" lift and big tires that it can go anywhere ...I've got them brainwashed good!

Comment

b
                      a
                      c
                      k
                      t
                      o
                      t
                      h
                      e
                      t
                      o
                      p

Comment

• learfxr
                        327 Rambler
                        • May 01, 2006

Sure sounds like a good event. Wish it wasn't so far away.
                        J10 Longbed-gone
                        89 YJ in work
                        95 ZJ Orvis

Comment

bump it back up
                          89 gw,free,almost legal

Comment

• Kali
                            304 AMC
                            • Mar 29, 2005

i might be coming in the 2001 cherokee this year, dunno if Ill have the j-10 done in time
                            but it could win "most modified xj" with it being a right hand drive and all
                            Last edited by Kali; 05-31-2006, 02:02 PM.
                            1982 J-10 Pioneer

Check out my YouTube Channel !!
                            Check out my Instagram !!

2018 Grand Cherokee Upland

"The J-series Jeep pickups are simultaneously the ugliest and the most beautiful trucks ever made."

Comment

• chr1s
                              360 AMC
                              • Jun 17, 2003

any pa/jersey folks that are planning on going, please let me know. Id like to try and make it
                              87 Grand Wagoneer -(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)- "TROLL SMASHER II"
                              88 Grand Wagoneer- GONE
                              "many miles away, there's a shadow on the door, of a cottage on the shore, of a dark Scottish lake......many miles away..."

Comment

Working...
                              X