• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kaiserjeeps
    360 AMC
    • Oct 02, 2002

Serehill's tailgate harness

It is a huge loss that Rick passed. He was a great contributor to this site. I wanted to buy one of his tailgate wire harnesses for the rig I am building. I neglected to get one and shelve it till it was time to install it. Does anyone know if any exist anymore? Or does anyone have one they could sell?
    When I was reading up on them, they looked like they solved the sluggish or stalling window problem. Kudos to him for figuring it out and making a kit.
    Just thought I would ask.
    Melford1972 says...
    I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
    -----------------------
    I make wag parts
    1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
    1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
    1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
    1968 M715 restomod
    2001 Dodge 3500
    2002 Toyota Tundra
    2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
    Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp
  • 8man
    304 AMC
    • Jan 04, 2011

As I understand it, Rick made the harnesses individually and there are no more.

I imagine that someone with electrical background could get one from someone who has not installed theirs yet and copy the design. In fact, we could probably discuss how it hooked up and design one from that.
    79 Cherokee S (current project)
    82 Cherokee (parts for the 79)

Member FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• 8man
      304 AMC
      • Jan 04, 2011

I contacted Rick's son Todd about doing the harnesses. He wants to do it, so he is going to go to his dad's shop and look to see if he has what he needs.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Comment

• Curly5759
        232 I6
        • Mar 08, 2015

I made an electrical diagram of mine before I installed it. I'll share it only if Rick's son doesn't make and sell them.
        77 Cherokee S 360/TH400/QT

Comment

• SJTD
          304 AMC
          • Apr 26, 2012

The unique thing about his kit was that it was stand alone.

Adding relays to the tailgate using the existing wiring is not difficult.
          Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• ShagWagon
            350 Buick
            • Apr 10, 2016

I need one headlight harness.

I already bought the tailgate harness and love it. Was procrastinating some and had contacted Rick to make me up a headlight harness when I figured out what kind of light setup I was going to use and got his approval on it.

Never got the chance....
            87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• 8man
              304 AMC
              • Jan 04, 2011

Todd said he is wants to do it. I'll follow up with him and make sure that he will do it or let everyone know.

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                360 AMC
                • Oct 02, 2002

Thank you 8man for looking into it. I definitely don't want to undermine his son Todds efforts to make them. And yes I realize running a heavy power wire back and adding relays is not something that can't be figured out. But obtaining a premade assembly without having to spend the time on it would be a bonus. I am pretty behind on the 70 build I am working on. I have a lot to assemble before nailing the tailgate. I will be interested for sure and will keep checking back. Again thank you for making contact with Todd.
                Melford1972 says...
                I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
                -----------------------
                I make wag parts
                1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                1968 M715 restomod
                2001 Dodge 3500
                2002 Toyota Tundra

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• jeepyjpsu
                  230 Tornado
                  • Aug 04, 2016

So glad I found this. 8man let me know what you find out. I'm in the same boat as Kaiserjeeps. I basically spent my day researching how I could build my own or find a wiring diagram. Saw a bunch of stuff referring to serehill's stuff. If Todd is going to do it, it would save me an immense amount of time and research. Please let us know, I'd be on the list to order one as soon as he'd be up and running.

Comment

• Tigger4X
                    AMC 4 OH! 1
                    • Nov 16, 2001

I too lagged in getting a headlight harness for my '74 J-10 and am seriously interested in getting one from Todd when he starts making them. Don't know why I didn't get one and shelve it with the wiring harness I already have.

Sure gonna miss Rick He was a pretty cool guy and always ready to help out. All our best to Todd!

Originally posted by will e
                    Keep in mind. Getting old is easy. Being old is hard.
                    Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206

Comment

• jeepgirl
                      232 I6
                      • Aug 30, 2003

I was lucky enough to get his tailgate harness which is fantastic btw! A piece of his work will live on in my jeep.. Unfortunately, my order to obtain one of his raved about headlight harnesses was a little too late. I hate to ask but what is the refund status of orders?

His contributions of knowledge and skills will be missed....
                      "Silly boys.. Jeeps are for girls!"

1978 Cherokee Chief "Ivy"

Comment

• jeepgirl
                        232 I6
                        • Aug 30, 2003

Refund status

What is the status of refunds? My order was custom so more $$ than the standard setup.. I've received no response to additional inquiries. My order was through PayPal so should be easily refundable.

Thank you
                        "Silly boys.. Jeeps are for girls!"

1978 Cherokee Chief "Ivy"

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                          360 AMC
                          • Oct 02, 2002

Still occasionally checking back here for any info. I will need a harness soon. I was hoping I would not have to make one. Hope the family is doing ok. That is much more important.
                          Melford1972 says...
                          -----------------------
                          I make wag parts
                          1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                          1968 M715 restomod
                          2001 Dodge 3500
                          2002 Toyota Tundra

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• 8man
                            304 AMC
                            • Jan 04, 2011

I sent Todd the diagram, but have not heard word one in over 3 weeks. I will try him one more time, but I think you are going to have to make one.

Comment

• Tigger4X
                              AMC 4 OH! 1
                              • Nov 16, 2001

Originally posted by 8man
                              I sent Todd the diagram, but have not heard word one in over 3 weeks. I will try him one more time, but I think you are going to have to make one.
                              IF Todd isn't up to taking it on is it possible to create a Sticky with the diagram and a parts list?

And I wholeheartedly agree with Kaiserjeeps that family is most important. I'm also one who would be in line to have at least one on my shelf for my upcoming project, if not a 2nd to have and to hold. <3
                              Originally posted by will e
                              Keep in mind. Getting old is easy. Being old is hard.
                              Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206

Comment

Working...
                              X