This thread is USELESS without..... PICS ARE UP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread is USELESS without..... PICS ARE UP!!!

PICS!!! I know, I know.... but had to share this with you.

Not sure if he is on this site or not... I cant remember seeing him here...

I might be a little off on tech info but I will try....

We sold a Rear Shackle Flip Kit to this guy in NORCAL a few months ago ( prolly longer) and got an email of progress on his rig... OMG!!!

He has installed this on a GW with a COMPLETE coil spring Ford setup (and I believe some Dodge parts) front end conversion.. including long arms... EVERYTHING IS LIKE NEW under this thing....

Im gonna post pics later after I get back with him tonight and gives me the 'thumbs up' as some people like to hold off until the final product to post pics... but this is too awesome and looks GREAT!!!

Hopefully he can do a writeup on the conversion because it looks to be working out too well.

again. I know... USELESS WITHOUT PICS... but a GREAT teaser...

HERE IS A TEASER...... IT IS NOW FINISHED Go to the last post......

[ November 17, 2005, 06:57 AM: Message edited by: River Beast ]
    Last edited by River Beast; 05-31-2006, 01:45 PM.
    Todd
    www.ttsfabworks.com
  • J10Mike
    Delightfully Incompetent
    • Jun 04, 2003

ok RB, i'll be checking later to see if it's posted.
    www.j10mike.com
    Former - 1982 J10 Sportside, 360, TFI, 727/208, J20 axles, D44HD/Detroit TruTrac, D60/Detroit Locker, D60 disk brake conversion, 4.10s, 5 inch Superlift, 35x12.5x16.5 BFGs on AR767 Wheels. Procomp Super Seats. MileMarker 9000 on Cliffhanger front bumper. Dozer II rear bumper. Rhino Grill conversion. NP208 floor shifter conversion.

Comment

• bearfacedkiller
      232 I6
      • Dec 21, 2003

I gotta see that.
      1985 GW: stock springs, SOA/SF, 3 inch body lift, d60 w/spool, 14ff w/detroit, 4.56 gears, 360/465/205 w/twin sticks and 40's.

I really am going to get this thing done soon so I can drive it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• janie
        • Aug 11, 2001

Sheesh Todd, ya know what curiosity did to the cat don't ya? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Look forward to those pic's.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. Faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Comment

• Sambo
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Sep 25, 2001

ok todd you knew this would show up!
          but you suck [img]tongue.gif[/img]
          just leave us hangin like this
          77 chero DEAD.
          84wag,360,tf727,???! possiblities are d300 flipped and a ford d44 hp with coils

Comment

• FSJeeper
            King of Unfinished Projects
            • May 20, 2000

Todd, you are a tease!

I have thought about doing this for years. Did he use a straight axle or TTB?

I have also thought about using a late 60's, early 70's Chevy truck rear coil spring setup. Have mapped that swap out and it should be exrememely easy to do and parts are dirt cheap and plentiful.

POST THOSE PICS!
            In Process: 91 Wagoneer, D61/71 axles with 3.07 gearing, NV4500, NP205. Cummins 6BT.

Back burner project: Crew cab M715, Cummins/Allison/Rockwell Tcase/Dana 61/Dana 71.

Comment

• Jayrodoh
              360 AMC
              • Sep 07, 2004

We want pics! Sounds sweet
              Honey?? What happened to the savings account? You bought a Jeep what??

86 Grand Wag Stock with Bulltear HEI

Comment

HEHEHEHE!!!! Sorry all... I couldn't hold back.... hopefully he will allow me to share the pics...

Pascal,

Its a D44 up front with coils and long arms... I cant remember the entire email, but the axle I believe is ford or Dodge ( driver drop) and he used the hubs and junk from the original to make it all work out with 6 lug.

Sorry for the tease.. but MAN the coil setup is lookin SWEET on this thing....
                Todd
                www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• bigun
                  • Feb 10, 2003

Hmm coil spring front with leaf rear is what has made the bronco so well thought of off road and on. Bart and I have been thinking on this for a while. But need pics to see how othewrs have done it.
                  charlie
                  KB0HXA
                  "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
                  congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
                  How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
                  Robert A. Heinlein
                  The birth of CROM is recorded here
                  http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• Dmntxn77
                    Hey watch this...
                    • Nov 19, 2004

D@mn man... Thanks for the tease...

Comment

• mudslider
                      304 AMC
                      • Sep 26, 2004

come on now, the suspence is just wrong.
                      P.J
                      Stupidity rules at all times! Famous last words "Hey, watch this" Its 5:00 Somewhere. 1983 J10 In process: 360 ci install

Comment

• Tigger4X
                        AMC 4 OH! 1
                        • Nov 16, 2001

Almost two hours since MUDSLIDER posted last and still no word from Todd ... [img]redface.gif[/img] Tooooodd ... PICS PICS PICS!!!
                        Originally posted by will e
                        Keep in mind. Getting old is easy. Being old is hard.
                        Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206

Comment

Sorry guys... I cannot post pics until I get the OK from the owner.... just doing what I would want if it were me....

Sorry for the delay.....BUT!!!

I will QUOTE the text from the email:

"Up front I am using a D44 from a late 70's F100 (took the spring towers
                          as well). Since it was a drum brake model the knuckles had the 6 bolt
                          spindles and I was able to keep the Waggy's spindle/rotor/backing
                          plate. I got extended radius arms for an Early Bronco, 6" lift springs
                          for a 78 F100, and radius arm mounting brackets for a 90 Bronco.
                          Tie-rod, drag link, and trac bar (still to be installed) are from
                          BulletProof Steering.

Eventually, (meaning when I can rob another bank) I'll drop a D60 in
                          the rear. The front is about 4" wider than stock so the 60 should even
                          out the front to rear width. I'll get you more pix when it's done but I
                          thought you might like to see it in progress."

[ November 16, 2005, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: River Beast ]
                          Todd
                          www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• bigun
                            • Feb 10, 2003

AAAAARRRRG
                            charlie
                            KB0HXA
                            "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
                            congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
                            How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
                            Robert A. Heinlein
                            The birth of CROM is recorded here
                            http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• Elliott
                              Cowboy Up
                              • Jun 22, 2002

I don't know, it was my experiences in a full size Bronco that have kept me from wanting coils up front. Maybe the new Ford 350 could change my mind, but I thought other then looks the Bronco just... and that's why I own Jeeps.
                              *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
                              ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

Working...
                              X