'66 Wag. Bought it. Feeling guilty. Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thos
    232 I6
    • Sep 04, 2001

'66 Wag. Bought it. Feeling guilty. Help.

Ok, I bought it. Checked it out today. Everything - and I mean everything - has been rebuilt or is new. 327 Engine, water pump, radiator, fuel pump. D27 in front, D44 in rear. Three on tree switched to 4 on floor (an old J20 tranny). Owner replacing front locking hubs w/ new ones as well as putting on a new poly gas tank. Doors are from a 70's model Wag. They are stiff to close. Front seats are from some mystery vehicle, but look fine. No seat belts. No rear seats. No rust - except on frame. Has that flakey corrosion that makes one pause. Factory option winch is Ramsey 9klb w/ 2k ft of aircraft cable. Has original break off hook to go w/ winch. No leaks xcept for usual "wetness" underneath. All accessories (such as they are) work.

SO WHY DO I HAVE BUYER'S REMORSE????? This thing only cost me $500. I even have a barn to keep it in until I have time/ money/ know how to work on it.

Help a brother out. Tell me I did the right thing. Tell me you'll help me with those unforseen pbms I'm gonna have as I attempt to clean it up. Tell me I can sleep at your home when my wife finds out.

HELP!!
    '89 GW; 360 fully rebuilt in '05;Q-jet, Edelbrock Performer intake & cam; TFI; Flowmaster; AAL; 31"s; tranny rebuilt in '07 w/ torque converter.
  • porkchop
    Master of B.S.
    • Apr 17, 2000

I think you made a great buy! I would love to have found a good wag like that with the winch. I would let you sleep at my house but it is far away . You can always sleep in the back of the wag!

Comment

• Tad
      • Nov 30, 2001

You did the right thing, I'll help you out, You better start driving now because it's a long way to my couch.
      2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
      EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
      Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Panoscopic
        350 Buick
        • Jan 24, 2001

Most important thing is - do you have a place to stow it??

And yes, make sure to hide all sharp objects in the house first.
        Jeepless....now and for the foreseeable future

Comment

• Bigums
          350 Buick
          • Jan 09, 2001

Tom,

I'll help you out. Just send the Wag down here. I can hide it for you.

I'll even take it out of hiding to 'dust it off' once in a while.

Seriously, I don't think you can lose on this deal. I'm sure you could double your money quickly if the wife objects vehemently. You could probably sell the winch/bumper alone to cover your costs. See, its an investment!!

For those who haven't seen it, here's a pic
          Sean
          1970 Wag
          The Green Meanie

Comment

• Michael
            AMC 4 OH! 1

• Sep 11, 2001

Thos...do not feel bad....and if you continue to.

I will be happy to trade any two of my rigs for an even swap....that is a great deal...show it with pride.
            1994 YJ
            Amc 360
            TF727
            Stak 3 speed
            44" Pitbull Rockers on Trailworthy H1's
            Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
            401....new project

Tow Rig Daily Driver// 2007 6.7 CTD Dually

Comment

• testuser
              Administrator
              • Apr 09, 2000

hows $800? kwick cash....

if all else fails that is!! looks like an awesome deal!!!!! um.....$800?

ha!!!

Comment

• Alaskaman
                232 I6
                • Aug 30, 2001

Buyers remorse can be serious! Irritated wives are even worse! PLEASE bring me the Waggy. I'll give you your $500 and a 6-pack for your trouble
                FSJ's
                '89 Grand Wagoneer
                '81 J20
                Trucks:
                '48 4WD truck
                '54 4WD truck 226
                Flatties:
                '51 CJ3A
                '46 CJ2A
                '47 CJ2A
                '48 CJ2A
                FSJ's previously owned:
                '77 J10 short bed
                '67 Wagoneer (RIP)
                '70 Wagoneer (RIP)
                '78 J10
                '73 Wagoneer
                2 each \'64 J300
                2 each \'70something Cherokees

Comment

• thos
                  232 I6
                  • Sep 04, 2001

OK, so the 3 offers I have so far are 2 of Mike's rigs, $800 or $500 + beer. MMMMMMM beer.
                  '89 GW; 360 fully rebuilt in '05;Q-jet, Edelbrock Performer intake & cam; TFI; Flowmaster; AAL; 31"s; tranny rebuilt in '07 w/ torque converter.

Comment

• janie
                    • Aug 11, 2001

You made a super deal on this. $500.00 bucks and it came with a winch. I spent that on my J-10 and it came with rust. (smile) Seriously, you should be absolutely elated over this purchase.

Can't imagine your wife would be upset with you. I love it when my husband brings home Jeep stuff. Even if she is, hey, thank God for the barn. (grin)

Enjoy your new rig

Janie [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. Faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Comment

• irbob
                      360 AMC
                      • Apr 11, 2000

Nice find so don't feel to bad. I think your wife will love it although my wife just had a coronary when I told her I was spending all our tax return on my (our) rig. One of these days she will listen and sew the holes up in my pockets.

You will have to get rid of her if things don't work out. At least you won't have to listen to her nag while you work on her and drive her around.
                      Bob
                      83 Wagoneer Brougham (Rolled) Woooof
                      83 Wagoneer Limited (Parts Rig) Woooof II

Comment

• Bob Barry
                        Jeep Doctor
                        • Apr 09, 2000

And to think, I had a shot at this truck...

I'm glad you wound up with this one instead of me; I'm having trouble with the few I have.

But $500 for an intact truck with a rebuilt engine.

Heck, who knows what I would own if I had a barn to park stuff in... [img]smile.gif[/img]
                        1987 J-20
                        Video projects for my J-20 on Youtube

Comment

• porchpiggy
                          350 Buick
                          • May 13, 2001

Why stow it?? Start driving it. Looks really good to me, don't see how you could have gone wrong. You can sell it easily for more than you paid if you had too. If you catch too much grief, show her the IFSJA thread. Who can doubt a bunch of fsj nuts, collectively??
                          BTW are you sure it's not 2 hundred feet of cable, which is still a lot, most are carrying abou t125 to 150 feet. I don't think 2k would fit on the drum, would it?

[ March 29, 2002: Message edited by: porchpiggy ]</p>
                          Porchpiggy<br />\"To old and slow to run with the Bigpiggys\"<br />88 GW and 79 Suburban<br />GARY IS THE KING OF GENERAL D.

Comment

• snook
                            232 I6
                            • Jan 30, 2002

shoot, you let me know when and i'll take it off your hands................, i'm about 25 minutes from you..........

[ March 30, 2002: Message edited by: snook ]</p>
                            chuck emery, 1977 Wagoneer

Comment

• thos
                              232 I6
                              • Sep 04, 2001

You're right PPig. It's 200. Shows what I know.

Hey Snook. Parksburg! Cripes you're less than 25 mins away. I'm putting it in Honeybrook. Let me know if you want a looksee.

Thanks to all for the positive vibes.

Comment

Working...
                              X