X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GreenMachine
    232 I6
    • Jun 14, 2002

Had a set of seats redone. As soon as I can locate some brackets I will put them in..
    GreenMachine

Comment

• GreenMachine
      232 I6
      • Jun 14, 2002

I ended up swapping a newer front clip on from a v8 truck and got a v8 radiator. The inline radiator and electric fan were not cutting it. So far the v8 radiator and clutch fan have kept it at 180.
      GreenMachine

Comment

• GreenMachine
        232 I6
        • Jun 14, 2002

My bed sold and now I have no choice but to fix the other bed. Forced motivation :roll:

After laying under my truck all morning fighting 36 year old bolts I figured I would work on the winch some more... More yuck, but the gears all look good with no signs of wear. The motor shaft bearing is not wanting to come out so I am going to hit it with the press later.

GreenMachine

Comment

• GreenMachine
          232 I6
          • Jun 14, 2002

I got it mobile again. I need to run it outside and pressure wash and paint the frame when its not snowing.

Two of the cross members are in bad shape. I am trying to decide if I want to have some new ones bent up or if I want to just use some angle/channel to recreate them.

I am wondering if the regular J10 fuel hoses will fit this as well. Mine is already gone so I can't check but it looks similar.

Also hoping the sending unit will work as I am sure this one is toast as bad a shape the rest of the bed is in.

One strap will have to be fabricated/fixed.

I want the whole thing dustless blasted if the guy will ever get back with me.
          GreenMachine

Comment

• GreenMachine
            232 I6
            • Jun 14, 2002

Pressure washed the frame, tank, and skid plate. I have a gallon of marhyde rust converter so I will use it when it warms up.

Found what I didn't want to find on the fuel tank.....

GreenMachine

Comment

• GreenMachine
              232 I6
              • Jun 14, 2002

I found a place today that says they can bend up my two bed floor stiffeners. I dropped off a little piece and the best one of the angle fender mounts. I am awaiting their quote (scared). I cut all the remaining fender hanger brackets off today. None of the holes in the bed were square. They used carriage bolts and slotted holes. I'm probably going to go back with a carriage style bolt with an Allen head so I can remove the fenders if I need to. Lots of patching needs to be done. I have an appointment with the dustless blasting guys on Saturday and I am going to wait and tackle that after its nice clean bare metal. I have lots of spot welds to cut and I figure they will be easier to locate once its blasted.

My bed skirts are a mess... I am not sure how exactly to tackle those but I guess I can cross that bridge when I come to it. The tops of some of my stake pockets are rotted off and I am pretty sure the ones for the willys beds are the same. I just have a hard time stomaching the price. Going to have to figure out something. BJ's is working on a quote for freight for two new hand laid fiberglass bed fenders
              GreenMachine

Comment

• GreenMachine
                232 I6
                • Jun 14, 2002

Shiny as a new formally rusted penny

Good side

I had them do the back of the cab and the rockers and clean up some surface rust on the bottom of the doors.
                GreenMachine

Comment

• GreenMachine
                  232 I6
                  • Jun 14, 2002

I got 1.75 hat channels removed. Grandfathers 90th birthday party tonight so couldn't finish.

GreenMachine

Comment

• GreenMachine
                    232 I6
                    • Jun 14, 2002

I got all the old hat channel off today. I figured something out cutting out all those spot welds. If you drill a little pilot hole it helps keep the cutter from walking.

Grinded all the little dimples off and wanted to start patching holes in the bed today but it was raining and I didn't want to pull the truck out to get the welder in since the back of the cab is bare metal.... Tiny garage :cry:

New hat channel looks great. Place that bent it did a nice job.
                    GreenMachine

Comment

• billyrb
                      BJ's Off-Road
                      • Aug 15, 2001

we now have the stepside fenders available
                      BJ's Off-Road
                      [email protected]
                      Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• GreenMachine
                        232 I6
                        • Jun 14, 2002

Lol, I ordered them from you yesterday.
                        GreenMachine

Comment

• GreenMachine
                          232 I6
                          • Jun 14, 2002

600 miles in my Cherokee today... On my last fuel stop my debit card didn't work anymore. I stopped so many times at gas stations out of state I guess they thought my card was stolen.

I see amc blue in the motor mount holes and the freeze plug that was covered by the motor mount. Hoping that means it's not been cracked open yet.
                          GreenMachine

Comment

• Strode
                            1st Chair, Cowbell
                            • Nov 08, 2011

Great progress
                            Brad
                            (*Allowed to post while failed 'I am not a Bot' test results are under appeal)

My build thread: 1982 Cherokee Laredo

Ristow's Bunker

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• GreenMachine
                              232 I6
                              • Jun 14, 2002

More new parts showed up today. Walck's 4wd sent me a new tailgate, hinges, chains and chain covers. I have used them for my FC150 parts and highly recommend them for any old jeep parts.
                              GreenMachine

Comment

• GreenMachine
                                232 I6
                                • Jun 14, 2002

Got a lot done today. Patched all the bad spots in the bed except one. I'll have to do it from the top.

The back panel was 1/8th and I only had 2" strips so I had to add two together....

Then I carried the whole thing outside and washed it for 30 minutes (still didn't get all the sand out) and slathered it down with mastercoat metal prep. Supposed to keep it from rusting for a year. I am ready to install the hat channels and I wanted to coat and seal the hat channels and the area under them.

GreenMachine

Comment

Working...
                                X