• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m4
    232 I6
    • Jul 27, 2003

360 Fuel Injection

I'm thinking about ordering a EFI setup for my 86 GW( from custom efis).Has anyone install one of these on a Grand Wagoneer?
  • KYJ10
    360 AMC
    • May 05, 2002

I have one on my 360 and love it. Some people complain about waiting a month or so for delivery, but it's worth it. Mine was easy to install and easy to setup. Mine starts and runs better than my 96 car. Throttle response is just plain stupid. You just think about stepping on the pedal, and it reacts! It's real nice. Dennis
    Starting to miss the addiction!

Comment

• imported_horsepuller
      232 I6
      • Jul 08, 2003

I have one on an 88GW and am very happy with it. I kept as much of the emissions systems in tact as possible and went with the egr/knock sensor and later model ecm ('95). I wrote a detailed message on this in the General Discussion forum in the April '03 timeframe.

Significantly improves driveability (cold/hot starts, smooth throttle response), bumps mph a bit (15/13 for me vice the 13/11 with the 2bbl setup), and it really makes the engine hum on the highway (similar to a well tuned 4 bbl, but smoother).

You also no longer have the Jeep Duraspark ingition module blues.
      88GW w/GM TBI from customefis

Comment

I have one and unfortunately, have not had the same luck as most others. John has been sterling about trying to work out the problems, but I've had it for two years now and have only driven about 5k miles since because of drivability issues. We've tried HUNDREDS of programs, changed out the TBI, fuel pump, ignition module, etc.

Problem appears to be that I installed it on a HIGHLY modified 360 and it seems that the setup he sells works best on bone stock (or close thereto).

The throttle response from idle or stopped is crap. Takes a LONG time to get up and going.

Anyway, just another opinion, most have had good luck. I may take mine off and sell it so watch the for sale forum.

Comment

• popeye44
          350 Buick
          • Jul 19, 2003

OK,, i'm watching heheheehe..

I've been thinkin about it too.. and mines bone stock on a 74 at the moment.
          MORPHADITE: 1974 360,HEI,t18a, Cherokee S

If you don't stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

• gpd
            258 I6
            • Jan 13, 2003

were can we get infor on this FI unit, any web sites?
            1991 GW, Dark Silver, Sand Leather Interior. TFI Ignition. Rebuilt 2bbl carb. Tongue & groove rear interior panels.

Comment

• 1BDWAGN
              258 I6
              • Jul 30, 2003

I think the site is www.CustomEFIS.com
              4" lift, 15X8 rims w/32" MTRs, TFI, and Magnaflow exhaust.

Comment

• KYJ10
                360 AMC
                • May 05, 2002

Mine isn't highly modified, but does have an msd ignition, edlebrock 4bbl intake, nice cam, tfi upgrade, blaster coil, and not one peice of polution, except for what his system adds. Mine runs like a top!!!
                Starting to miss the addiction!

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • Jul 18, 2003

Anyone has the port efi that he sells? I'm interested in that one.
                  79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
                  Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
                  93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• Coop15
                    232 I6
                    • Oct 23, 2002

I just put mine on my 91' Grand Wagoneer in july of this year. I am really pleased with the throttle response and the fuel mileage. Everything was simple to install, it took me about 3 hrs. to get everything installed.

I was also interested in the port injection, but John told me that the port injection was for more performance rather than for fuel mileage. For what I was wanting (better fuel economy, and easier starts.) the throttle body was all I needed.
                    91\' Grand Wagoneer<br /><br />TBI system installed and runs great<br />TFI upgrade<br />BJ\'s 4\" spring lift<br />Yokohama Geolander AT+II 31x10.50 <br /><br />.........Future Projects......<br /><br />Paint job.<br /><br />Fix all leaks.....probably a lifetime chore........

Comment

Working...
                    X