• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Agent Orange
    327 Rambler
    • Jul 30, 2001

Rear panels completed

This weekend I made new cargo area panels for my Cherokee. I used 3/16" wood paneling and foam insulation from Lowe's. I bought the foam sheet insulation that is aluminum on one side and plastic on the other and used it for a template. After triming down the foam for a good fit, I traced it on the back of the wood paneling and cut it with a jig saw. After I cut the panels I trimmed the foam down and attached it to the back of the panels with goop to reduce road noise. I spray painted them and attached the panels with velcro. Very easy job and it turned out great. You can't tell from the pic, but the panels are glossy and look like metal. Here are the pics.
    Jon Ellis<br />80 Cherokee WT, 401, SOA, Dana 44s with 4.56 and detroits, 35x14.5 Mickey Bajas, Durabak inside and out<br />77 CJ7 304, 4.10, Lock-right, 35x12.5
  • mccullough_89_GW
    350 Buick
    • Aug 14, 2001

does that velcro hold well?..the problem I've had with velcro is that it holds well but the glue on the back of it has trouble sticking when it getts hot...turns into a luquid gel..looks good...
    I thinking of using that [velcro]on the access doors of mine[when I get them cut]

kel

Comment

• Agent Orange
      327 Rambler
      • Jul 30, 2001

I guess I'll find out how well it works. It's holding pretty good right now. I used industrial strength velcro from Lowe's
      Jon Ellis<br />80 Cherokee WT, 401, SOA, Dana 44s with 4.56 and detroits, 35x14.5 Mickey Bajas, Durabak inside and out<br />77 CJ7 304, 4.10, Lock-right, 35x12.5

Comment

• Lindel
        Perfesser of Jeepology
        • Jun 15, 2000

Jon, that's exactly what I plan with my Chero! Looks good!
        Jeep Grounds
        RRV Homepage
        Texas Full Size Jeep Association
        1987 Grand Wagoneer
        AMC 360/TF727/NP229
        1999 Wrangler Sport
        4.0L/AX-15/NV231

?Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction? by Ronald Reagan.

Formerly of DFW/Gun Barrel City, TX - eventually to return...

Comment

Working...
        X