1987 Wagoneer
    4" BDS Springs, 31"x10.50's
    401/727/229

Comment

• slukev
      232 I6
      • Feb 14, 2011

Ok, I am in.
      -Boss lady is out. Joe tell your better half sorry I couldn't convince her to up the female count...

Anyone not taking thier Jeep looking to catch a ride, let me know.
      -I live by Westport and looks like I'll head 270 and out 44 if anyone is in route.
      Kevin
      90 Grand Wagoneer- best know as Betty

Comment

• blazer3664
        350 Buick
        • Mar 08, 2009

Hate to be bearer of bad news.................
        Getting my shed organized tonight, found the alt. high on a shelf and got it down.
        When I gave it a spin, the bearings aren't good.
        I will bring it along, maybe one of us we could manage to cannibalize/combine the 2 and make a good one.

The other one I was thinking I had is a spare for my DD. Totally different.

Also, just now realized, ANYBODY ? what year did they change alternators?

Jim
        modified flares, removable top, OBA w/200psi tank,
        LQ4, 4L80e,NWF doubler w/upside down 203
        SOA w/ D44s F+R for now
        H1 wheels+tires (cut), hydroboost brakes
        custom shackle flip
        W/F150 springs
        -----Coming Soon-----
        snorkels,
        OX'd D60/14B-FF

Comment

• Jjkage84
          327 Rambler
          • May 18, 2011

No worries, all else fails parts stores are plentiful and only about 5 mins away
          1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=141075

www.youtube.com/JeepKage101

Keep Calm and Jeep On!

Comment

• Jeep Hero
            232 I6
            • Jan 21, 2010

Wrench-Fest

Would you mind if I trailered in my 1979 Cherokee so I can get my rear brakes rebuilt?

I would prefer to drive it, but it is not going anywhere until the brakes are finished.

I live just over an hour south of Sullivan. My showing up will depend on: if I can get the trailer cleared of all the junk that is currently on it, collect up all the parts I need, and get the Jeep loaded by Saturday morning. So, we will see if I can get all of that done.
            JeepHero
            1980 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
            1979 Jeep Cherokee Chief
            1981 Jeep J20
            1977 Jeep Cherokee S Wide Track (Rusty Blue) (newly acquired)

Comment

• j2sax
              350 Buick
              • Mar 20, 2003

hope you guys have a great time!

Man,

I cannot imagine how much I would get done if I had a bunch of powerhouses like this living near me! Wish I could be there, but hope you guys have a great time! I have always worked alone save for the boy, but he is not really into it and I can't force him to love it!

I need a weekend to get my shop racks moved around so i can get my 2 post lift setup but something else always comes up... guess if I had a band of Merry FSJ'r's comin out there would be no excuses!

Anyway, have a great time and I hope you get that beaut back on the road! And those Chero brakes should be a breeze!
              Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• Jjkage84
                327 Rambler
                • May 18, 2011

Yeah bud, that's fine by me. I don't mind at all. I can't wait to see all these rigs!
                1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Keep Calm and Jeep On!

Comment

• Jeep Hero
                  232 I6
                  • Jan 21, 2010

Jeep Wrench-Fest

I will try to bring a spare alternator, in the event that it is needed.

I should be able to pull one when I collect the brake parts that I need.
                  JeepHero
                  1979 Jeep Cherokee Chief
                  1981 Jeep J20

Comment

• Jeep Hero
                    232 I6
                    • Jan 21, 2010

Hard Brake Lines Needed

Of those FSJer's that are heading to Sullivan on Saturday:

Does anyone have a set of rear axle brake lines (hard / metal) that they would be willing to part with / sell, and be able to bring along?

It is a 1979 Cherokee Wide-Track with the Dana 44 offset (passenger side) rear axle. However, Narrow-Track or AMC 20 lines may work as well, I am not sure.

All of the ones that I have attempted to harvest have been too rusted to re-use.

Same reason I am having to replace the ones on the Cherokee. The rust and corrossion prevented me from successfully removing the driver side line from the wheel cylinder. I finally had to cut the line to remove it. I think I was able to successfully loosen the passenger side, but that still remains to be seen as I have not removed that side yet.
                    JeepHero
                    1979 Jeep Cherokee Chief
                    1981 Jeep J20

Comment

• slukev
                      232 I6
                      • Feb 14, 2011

What time you want to start a Saturday?

I know you are starting grilling at noon, but didn't know if you were starting before that to knock some things out.

If I missed it somewhere sorry-its been a rough day(s).
                      --the wife and I got the bad work news we were afraid was coming....at least we saw it coming ahead of time!
                      Kevin
                      90 Grand Wagoneer- best know as Betty

Comment

• Jjkage84
                        327 Rambler
                        • May 18, 2011

That's no good buddy but like you said, at least you got a heads up. Hopefully something will turn up soon!

Anytime guys, I'll have the signs (nothing special, just something on Webb Ln so you know which house is the right one) around 8 I guess so anytime really.
                        1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Keep Calm and Jeep On!

Comment

• blazer3664
                          350 Buick
                          • Mar 08, 2009

What time you want to start a Saturday?
                          Anytime guys, I'll have the signs (nothing special, just something on Webb Ln so you know which house is the right one) around 8 I guess so anytime really.
                          I plan on leaving here around 7-7:30ish, so that should put me there around 9:30-10am-ish.

Does anyone have a set of rear axle brake lines (hard / metal) that they would be willing to part with / sell, and be able to bring along?
                          All of the ones that I have attempted to harvest have been too rusted to re-use.
                          Afraid that will be the case with pretty much all of them in our area.

I have (and will bring) a tubing bender, cutter, and double flaring tool, as well as a little tubing(dont recall what sizes), and a couple fittings.
                          Whatever parts stores are near by should have any odds and ends we need to make you some new lines. I use this stuff, its sold under several names, but basically coated annealed (bends easier) steel line.

Pre-made lengths with the fittings may work, and be cheaper, if we can get ones just a little longer than you need. I can cut the extra and re-flare the ends for a good fit.
                          Its not too bad if you have the originals in (more or less) one piece to copy the bends.

Side note...................
                          At this point my mind is in "Just in case" mode. So, I will be bringing pretty much all of my "junk".
                          Including an (old and tired, but works) air compressor, impact, Longevity 3-n-1, timing light, vacuum gauge, brake line tools, and about 6 other mismatched tool boxes of misc. stuff.

Seriously though, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.
                          I think we are going to have a great time getting to meet everybody, and work on a couple FSJs together.

Jim
                          modified flares, removable top, OBA w/200psi tank,
                          LQ4, 4L80e,NWF doubler w/upside down 203
                          SOA w/ D44s F+R for now
                          H1 wheels+tires (cut), hydroboost brakes
                          custom shackle flip
                          W/F150 springs
                          -----Coming Soon-----
                          snorkels,
                          OX'd D60/14B-FF

Comment

• Woodchomper
                            350 Buick
                            • Dec 17, 2002

I have an extra CS130 (105 Amp?) alternator we could install but I'm having trouble finding a NAPA EC82 SI-to-CS alternator adapter. We could just add resistor to the CS130 pigtail wiring but I'm not sure my alternator has a pigtail on it until I get home and can actually take a look at it.
                            Last edited by Woodchomper; 03-09-2012, 12:07 PM.
                            1991 GW 401 /727TF/NP229 /4" Skyjacker /EBL TBI /CS-144
                            1981 J10 401 /727TF/NP208 /6" Superlift /CS-144

Comment

• Jjkage84
                              327 Rambler
                              • May 18, 2011

Awesome, it'll be a great time learn about all this stuff!
                              1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Keep Calm and Jeep On!

Comment

• Jjkage84
                                327 Rambler
                                • May 18, 2011

Ok guys, all set. Sorry for the poor choice of beer but moneys tight. But hey it'll still be a blast!
                                1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Keep Calm and Jeep On!

Comment

Working...
                                X