• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dbshea
    232 I6
    • May 04, 2014

Originally posted by countrycorby
    Dbshea, I finally got a break in the weather enough to pull the sweeps off the truck. Like you said, there is really only one window sweep that was giving me trouble... the inside. I cut down the rubber on the bottom and edge as much as I could ( down to the metal ) and it still hangs up. I was wondering, you said you had to clearance a 1/16. Did you cut the metal or just remove the rubber?
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers,
    - Mike
    Sorry mike, it's been so long since I was in there I couldn't be honest in a response. Did you try massaging the door metal in at all?

I want to say that my sweep had a noticeable buldge in the metal where we are talking about clearance. If that is the case, logic would lead me to have shaved that down

Comment

• countrycorby
      232 I6
      • Dec 26, 2016

Originally posted by Dbshea
      Sorry mike, it's been so long since I was in there I couldn't be honest in a response. Did you try massaging the door metal in at all?

I want to say that my sweep had a noticeable buldge in the metal where we are talking about clearance. If that is the case, logic would lead me to have shaved that down
      That's alright Sir. Yes I tried bending the flanges, in the are where the sweep clips snap in and it just seemed to tilt the seep inward more at the top, where it meets the glass as it passes through. It seems like the opening where the glass comes through, is just narrow and as the glass is at the very top, the channel that holds the glass wants to push against the bottom of the sweeps. You can actually see the sweeps bulging up as I try to seat the glass in the top of the channel weatherstripping.
      It's really too bad one can't find OEM seeps for these rigs....ugh !!
      Thank you so much for your help, it is appreciated.
      Cheers,
      - Mike

Comment

• ShagWagon
        350 Buick
        • Apr 10, 2016

It's the top giving you trouble because it's too tight for the glass to roll up onto?

I'd seat it in there and press in hard then carefully bend the crap out of the inside of the channel and whatever clips they put on em that's giving you tightness with a NYLON PRYBAR till it rolled up in there nice and neat.

After double checking to make sure you got all the pieces of the old rubber out with a good flashlight first of course...
        87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• countrycorby
          232 I6
          • Dec 26, 2016

Originally posted by ShagWagon
          It's the top giving you trouble because it's too tight for the glass to roll up onto?

I'd seat it in there and press in hard then carefully bend the crap out of the inside of the channel and whatever clips they put on em that's giving you tightness with a NYLON PRYBAR till it rolled up in there nice and neat.

After double checking to make sure you got all the pieces of the old rubber out with a good flashlight first of course...
          I believe the problems is with the wiper/sweeps on either side of the window. I think this because I have taken the sweeps completely out of the door and then roll the window up and it goes all the way up and seats nicely in the channel. I then add the outboard sweep and roll up the window, again it goes up and seats nicely. I put the inboard sweep in and the window goes up just short of seating in the channel. I can just barely see the top edge of the window just short of the channel, leaving a slight gap.

Comment

Working...
          X