• Show
Clear All
  • 91G-Dub
    360 AMC
    • Aug 21, 2004

Mid Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club Jeep-In 2006

Well we had 28 people vote on dates and places the results are:

When? June 23, 24 & 25

Where? Wharton State Forest NJ (the same place we held last year's event)

This year we hope to have an even bigger and better event than last year, but it will take a lot of help from a lot of folks.

First we'd like to get some input from all of you. What events would you like? What are you willing to help with?

Stay tuned for additional updates.
    Last edited by 91G-Dub; 06-02-2006, 11:09 PM.
    91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
    1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson
  • JeepinPete
    304 AMC
    • Dec 09, 2003

Hey Bill, do you mind if I ask what were the vote totals? Just curious...
    Pete

'55 Willys Wagon, the original FSJ
    Sitting on a '77 Cherokee frame, Dodge D60's
    Isuzu 6BD1, NV4500, NP241

Comment

• arter
      327 Rambler
      • Jan 07, 2001

The Pines works for me, even tho I voted for Paragon or Rausch jus cuz I've never been. There's some different places we can go; the stunted pine forest & an eerie burned over area for eg., maybe lunch at Batsto Village? Have to reserve my lakefront site at Atsion...look forward to seeing you guys & gals again!
      M715NT; TBI 401, 400, 1339, 44's, 4.10's, ARB's, 35's, wag frame

Comment

• 91G-Dub
        360 AMC
        • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by JeepinPete:
        Hey Bill, do you mind if I ask what were the vote totals? Just curious...
        Votes were:
        When?
        Choose 1
        June 9, 10 & 11 29% (8)
        June 23, 24 & 25 71% (20)
        Where
        Choose 2
        Wharton State Forest 57% (16)
        Paragon 36% (10)
        Rausch Creek 32% (9

[ March 02, 2006, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: 91G-Dub ]
        91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• 91G-Dub
          360 AMC
          • Aug 21, 2004

"There's some different places we can go; the stunted pine forest & an eerie burned over area for eg., maybe lunch at Batsto Village? Have to reserve my lakefront site at Atsion...look forward to seeing you guys & gals again!"

Arter do I hear you volunteering to act at Trail Boss again this year?

Speaking of Volunteers (subtle hint)

Just a couple of ideas that I've been kicking around:

Would anyone like to organize a "Pot Luck Dinner" at the campground for Saturday nigt's dinner? If so let me know. The dinner last year just kind of came together and I thought it would be great if we had it a bit more organized this year. I'm thinking about someone just acting as a co-ordinater of the menu and supplies so that we don't have 8 people show up with potatoe salad, 6 people with hot dog rolls and nothing else. Just someone to kind of keep it flowing. Any Takers?

Also wondering if anyone can/will design and host a web site for our club? Nothing too fancy but something better than the free one I did last year on AOH3ll. Let me know.

Just like last year (and hopefully even better) I'm working on a list of potential sponsors. I have made the list even longer than last year and if the Jeep Gods smile on us we'll have more and better stuff than last year. If any of you have any connections with Jeep related suppliers please ask them for their support or give me their contact information and I'll get them on my list.

Stay tuned for frequent updates.
          91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• arter
            327 Rambler
            • Jan 07, 2001

Had a blast down there today with some guys from NJFourwheelers.com I was the 'runt' with my 33" BFG's. What came to mind is dividing the June trip into 'stock' and 'mod' categories. Keeps the groups sizes down if we get a large turnout and let's folks be as mild or wild as they want.
            Whatever you need Bill, just let me know.

Comment

• Battle_Wagon_NJ
              327 Rambler
              • Jun 08, 2005

... speaking of dinner I still don't remember the rangers coming in...
              I liked the Atsion campground but I might have a dog in tow this year so the private campground may be where I end up. Let me know what I can do to help. That weekend should work for me, but ya'll have to sing me happy birthday.
              1986 Grand Wagoneer, HEI, 4" spring lift, 31" BFG tires, vintage warn winch, 100k mi (mint when I bought it in 2001, now - not so much!)
              The Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Someone you know used to drive one of these. Ask me about Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club events.

Comment

• arter
                327 Rambler
                • Jan 07, 2001

I thought it was Bill asleep in the chair when the rangers came by? I think Wading Pines has an overflow area that we may be able to get as a group camp. Plus side little cheaper, down side port-a-potties & long walk to everything, I'll check it out. Would put us on the eastern edge of Wharton, whereas we were western edge last year. We'll need to get off of State land if we're singin' Happy B-day, the rangers will be there for sure!

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                  360 AMC
                  • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by Battle_Wagon_NJ:
                  ... speaking of dinner I still don't remember the rangers coming in...
                  I liked the Atsion campground but I might have a dog in tow this year so the private campground may be where I end up. Let me know what I can do to help. That weekend should work for me, but ya'll have to sing me happy birthday.
                  B -Day celebration at the Pic-A-Lily

Battle Wagon buys the first round
                  91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• JeepinPete
                    304 AMC
                    • Dec 09, 2003

I will also be bringing my pup, so the Atsion campground is out for me. Wading pines gets pretty busy, but they do allow dogs.

Either way, I will be there...
                    Pete

'55 Willys Wagon, the original FSJ
                    Sitting on a '77 Cherokee frame, Dodge D60's
                    Isuzu 6BD1, NV4500, NP241

Comment

• arter
                      327 Rambler
                      • Jan 07, 2001

Did a quick search for tent sites in the area of Wading Pines; Wading Pines $40, Turtle Run $25, Timberline Lake $31, Pilgrim Lake $24, and Union Hill didn't have rates posted but did mention group camping. I haven't stayed at any of these but can check 'em out if folks are interested, do we want to look at group rates too? They're all south of Wading Pines between Wharton & Bass River Forests.

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                        360 AMC
                        • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by arter:
                        Did a quick search for tent sites in the area of Wading Pines; Wading Pines $40, Turtle Run $25, Timberline Lake $31, Pilgrim Lake $24, and Union Hill didn't have rates posted but did mention group camping. I haven't stayed at any of these but can check 'em out if folks are interested, do we want to look at group rates too? They're all south of Wading Pines between Wharton & Bass River Forests.
                        Arter, are those rates for each tent site?
                        Sounds kind of high to me, didn't we pay something around $20/night at Atsion last year?
                        91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• arter
                          327 Rambler
                          • Jan 07, 2001

Atsion was $15 per night, that's the dif between state parks and privates. IIRC the ticket for alcohol in a state park is $150, and possibly eviction. Makes the privates seem more reasonable Good chance I'll be down there this weekend so I'll try to check a couple,few out.

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                            360 AMC
                            • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by arter:
                            Atsion was $15 per night, that's the dif between state parks and privates. IIRC the ticket for alcohol in a state park is $150, and possibly eviction. Makes the privates seem more reasonable Good chance I'll be down there this weekend so I'll try to check a couple,few out.
                            OIC
                            Keep me posted.
                            91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                              360 AMC
                              • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by JeepinPete:
                              I will also be bringing my pup, so the Atsion campground is out for me. Wading pines gets pretty busy, but they do allow dogs.

Either way, I will be there...
                              Pete did you and Gandolf stay at Wading Pines last year?
                              91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X