• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BIGUGLY
    232 I6
    • Jul 17, 2000

electric fuel pump

Those of you who have electic fuel pumps; where did you locate them? My Holly pump is now on my drivers side fender well and has worked well for over a year. I now need that space for ignition and other goodies. Your help appreciated. Thanks.

------------------
    79 Cherokee
    BIGUGLY
    360 Stroker/TH400/QT/44's
    edelbrock performer pac
    3"lift 33x12.5
    79 Cherokee<BR>BIGUGLY<BR>360 Stroker/TH400/QT/44\'s<BR>edelbrock performer pac<BR>3\"lift 33x12.5
  • Veepster
    350 Buick
    • May 14, 2000

one thing to consider.....

Holley fuel pumps(and as far as I know all other elctric fuel pumps) are designed to be "push" pumps....they need a good gravity flow to their input port and then they will push the required fuel to the destination at the predetermined pressure.....

Peace................BartG
    Peace.............BartG<br /><br />The Green Flash!<br /><br />360ci Custom 4v TBI<br />TH400, Parttime QT with low, TFI Upgrade<br />Edelbrock Performer Manifold,<br />4\" skyjacker susp & 3\" body lift<br />Rancho 9000\'s 33x12.50 BFG KO\'s <br />8\" American Racing Baja Rims<br />Thorley headers, 3\" exh, Dyno Max<br />Infiniti power leather seats<br />Billet shift knob by Millerluck<br />50%Luxury Car 50%Tractor<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamgodspeed.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.teamgodspeed.com</a>

Comment

• Ralph
      Third Member
      • Apr 11, 2000

From reading posts on this forum for so long, I've learned that guys installing fuel injection systems that either required or came with electric fuel pumps had to install them at or near the gas tank itself.

This is just my two-cents worth. I have no experience in this subject.
      We did it to Japan. We can do it to it to Iran!

Comment

• porkchop
        Master of B.S.
        • Apr 17, 2000

I have had other four wheel drives that I have installed electric pumps on and it always said to mount them as close to the tank as possible. So I would have to agree with Ralph.

------------------
        '67/'79 Wagoneer mix
        Body of a 33 year old
        Heart and legs of a 21 year old.
        360,TH400,QT,D44's F&R
        32X11.50's

"I regret that I have but only one paycheck to give to my Jeep."

Comment

Working...
        X