• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Munichbob
    230 Tornado
    • Jul 03, 2000

88 GW Feul Qty Indication

Well I would suspect that everyone is pretty tired of looking at post about the GW fuel qty problems. I've looked at'em all too, but my problem seems to be a little different.
    When I fill up the indicator indicates correctly. But after driving 30 miles or less the qty is down to less than half. It then prceeds on down to empty normally. When it read E it is E. On the 18 gallon tank when it reads 1/8 remaining I usually can put 15.5 gallons in. Can anyone tell me if a ne sending unit would cure this?

Thanks
    Munichbob
  • andy d
    Shade Tree Shaman
    • May 06, 2000

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Munichbob:
    Well I would suspect that everyone is pretty tired of looking at post about the GW fuel qty problems. I've looked at'em all too, but my problem seems to be a little different.
    When I fill up the indicator indicates correctly. But after driving 30 miles or less the qty is down to less than half. It then prceeds on down to empty normally. When it read E it is E. On the 18 gallon tank when it reads 1/8 remaining I usually can put 15.5 gallons in. Can anyone tell me if a ne sending unit would cure this?

Thanks
    Munichbob
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>at least for a while for some reason '88 has been worse than earlier yrs. get a few prices ,dlr price is abut 125$

------------------
    '88 gwag
    \'88 gwag,pure stock

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Munichbob:
      <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The fuel-gauges are rarely linear, but yours sounds way out of whack. When my sender was bad, it would drop normally for the top half of the tank, and then bounce back up to full, even if it was empty. I suspect you should at least pull your sender to check the conditions of the windings to see if they are broken or worn.

------------------
      Bob Barry
      <UL TYPE=SQUARE>* '78 Cherokee 4-door
      * '88 Grand Wagoneer[/list]

Comment

Working...
      X