X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ross80truck
    232 I6
    • Oct 17, 2011

Here is a picture with the axles and tires under it. I had to roll it outside for a few days to do a little work on the wife's car. Man this thing is going to be tall. It am sure that heavy motor will bring the front down a lot though.

Life Priorities:
    1. God
    2. Wife
    3. Children ( Lane )
    4. Work
    5. Wagoneer

Man it is hard to keep them in the right order!

Comment

• ross80truck
      232 I6
      • Oct 17, 2011

Was able to work on the engine bay this weekend a little. I removed the old engine mounts and shock mounts and also removed the vacuum brake booster. Also installed my new J20 steering gearbox as well as my new high steer arms from Off Road Design on my D60. I am trying to get everything installed that is going to be in the engine bay area now before I put the motor in, that way I can see what will be in my way. I also ordered a new Hydroboost setup from Elliott. That will hopefully be here latter on this week. If everything continues to go well, I might be test fitting the motor over Thanksgiving.

I am leaving the heater box in for now. I have found a manifold from a 6bt that comes from an industrial application that mounts the turbo above the manifold and near the front of the motor. We will see, hopefully it will allow me to keep the heater box where it is. But someone else may have already tried this and I just did not read there post. I will as always post more pictures as things progress.
      Life Priorities:
      1. God
      2. Wife
      3. Children ( Lane )
      4. Work
      5. Wagoneer

Comment

• Resbum
        327 Rambler
        • Jun 16, 2010

Originally posted by ross80truck
        ... shock mounts ... my new high steer arms from Off Road Design on my D60.

...found a manifold from a 6bt that comes from an industrial application that mounts the turbo above the manifold and near the front of the motor. ...

I will as always post more pictures as things progress.
        Take a good look at your shock mounts. One of mine had a stress crack in it near(above) the bottom bolt hole. I'm STILL second guessing myself for using them again. I have a gut feeling I'll be making them stronger or outright replacing them in the future.

I also would like to see pics of the new steering arms. The 2" rise arm I got for my truck may not work. I think it might cause the tierod to hit the bottom of the passenger frame rail under full compression and may need to be changed out.

I'm looking forward to seeing where the new manifold places the turbo. I considered this option and, if it will work, may have to do it if my turbo relocator extension doesn't work out.

Resbum
        Originally posted by Resbum
        "What year is my truck?... Which part?" Build thread- http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/view...p=18290#p18290

Comment

• ross80truck
          232 I6
          • Oct 17, 2011

Got a few more of the new parts bolted on. I installed a new J20 steering Gear Box and TT's Fabwork steering box brace that I got from BJ's. Also bolted up my new Hydraboost that I bought from Elliott here on the forum. Elliott was great to deal with and answered all my questions and got me the right setup for my jeep. He ended up setting me up with his adapter kit and a hydraboost and MC from a 94 Chevy P30 van. This thing was so easy to install and is already setup for disc in the front and disc in the rear.

Life Priorities:
          1. God
          2. Wife
          3. Children ( Lane )
          4. Work
          5. Wagoneer

Comment

• ross80truck
            232 I6
            • Oct 17, 2011

I started pulling the seats out of the front so that I could have easier access to the transmission tunnel and under the dash. Ran into a little bit of a problem. The seats in my 85 are electric and they were in a position that did not allow me to access the bolts to get them out. So, I rigged up my DC power supply and wired it in to the seats so I could operate the controls and adjust the seats to get to the bolts. I bought this power supply years ago when I was doing some anodizing, I knew it would come in handy for something else.

Life Priorities:
            1. God
            2. Wife
            3. Children ( Lane )
            4. Work
            5. Wagoneer

Comment

• ross80truck
              232 I6
              • Oct 17, 2011

Here is a picture of all the front seats out. My wife really likes this shag carpet (read with a lot of sarcasm). With the seats out, my jeep makes a great playground for my 14 month old son. He loves to get in there and walk around and play with the steering wheel and all the knobs. I need to get a picture of him in there next time my wife and him come by the shop.

Life Priorities:
              1. God
              2. Wife
              3. Children ( Lane )
              4. Work
              5. Wagoneer

Comment

• Resbum
                327 Rambler
                • Jun 16, 2010

... and TT's Fabwork steering box brace that I got from BJ's.

I need to talk to Brent about one. My frame is different at the front. If they don't have one that works I may have something else I need to make.

Progress is looking good.
                "What year is my truck?... Which part?" Build thread- http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/view...p=18290#p18290

Comment

• ross80truck
                  232 I6
                  • Oct 17, 2011

My wife and son stopped by the shop today. Lane loves to play in the Jeep, especially now that the seats are out of it.

Life Priorities:
                  1. God
                  2. Wife
                  3. Children ( Lane )
                  4. Work
                  5. Wagoneer

Comment

• Resbum
                    327 Rambler
                    • Jun 16, 2010

He's doing it ALL WRONG!

10 & 2, man, 10 & 2 !!!!, , and don't hook the thumbs inside the wheel!!!

Comment

• ross80truck
                      232 I6
                      • Oct 17, 2011

He's doing it ALL WRONG!

10 & 2, man, 10 & 2 !!!!, , and don't hook the thumbs inside the wheel!!!
                      He normally does pretty good at hand placement, but the power steering is not hooked up yet. So, he is really having to muscle it!
                      Life Priorities:
                      1. God
                      2. Wife
                      3. Children ( Lane )
                      4. Work
                      5. Wagoneer

Comment

• Wacowaggon
                        230 Tornado
                        • Jun 08, 2010

Sweet build looking forward to seeing more. Im thinking about the same thing here.
                        1986 Grand Wagoneer 6 in. Rusty's Offroad lift 35x16 Mud Countrys

Comment

• ross80truck
                          232 I6
                          • Oct 17, 2011

Originally posted by Wacowaggon
                          Sweet build looking forward to seeing more. Im thinking about the same thing here.
                          Just sent you a PM. I am just south of you in Temple. Look me up somtime.
                          Last edited by ross80truck; 01-14-2013, 01:12 PM.
                          Life Priorities:
                          1. God
                          2. Wife
                          3. Children ( Lane )
                          4. Work
                          5. Wagoneer

Comment

• ross80truck
                            232 I6
                            • Oct 17, 2011

Sorry I have not posted anything recently. Between the holidays, putting a new motor in my work truck and then I just bought 2 new CNC lathes for the shop and trying to get them wired in and making money. The wagoneer has been on the back burner. That will change soon though I hope. The work truck is back up and running, the electritions will be done today wiring the CNC lathes in and hopefully life will be getting back to normal.
                            Life Priorities:
                            1. God
                            2. Wife
                            3. Children ( Lane )
                            4. Work
                            5. Wagoneer

Comment

• Resbum
                              327 Rambler
                              • Jun 16, 2010

ross, would you do me a favor and post a pic of how the brace mounts to the bottom of the box. Thanks

Comment

• ross80truck
                                232 I6
                                • Oct 17, 2011

RESBUM, Here are the pics you wanted. Hope these help. I am using a steering gearbox from a J20 instead of the original Wagoneer. I bought this brace from BJ's and it fit great. Let me know if you need any more pictures.

Life Priorities:
                                1. God
                                2. Wife
                                3. Children ( Lane )
                                4. Work
                                5. Wagoneer

Comment

Working...
                                X