• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-itchy Tiger
    258 I6
    • Apr 23, 2003

Where is Tadsol of Tadracks?

I ve been off line for a good while, do not see him posting around? Are his racks still available?
    1989 Grand Wagoneer, 3:31 - MSD 6A - TFI upgrade - blaster coil - K&N Air filter - Optima yellow top - 8.5mm plug wires - Skyjacker 4" lift system with hydro shocks - tadrack - Removable Grant mahogony steering wheel - Bridgestone Dueller revo 31x10.5x15 - Wood paneling in cargo area.

http://www.studiobeylerian.com
  • grand_wag_85
    Murphy's Law Poster Child
    • Dec 03, 2003

IIRC they are still available but there is quite a waiting list to get one. I've got one on my Jeep and I LOVE it.

BTW-It's Tadsal
    You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
    '88 GW
    '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• J10Mike
      Delightfully Incompetent
      • Jun 04, 2003

Tad is here quite often. Just not in the last couple of days.
      www.j10mike.com
      Former - 1982 J10 Sportside, 360, TFI, 727/208, J20 axles, D44HD/Detroit TruTrac, D60/Detroit Locker, D60 disk brake conversion, 4.10s, 5 inch Superlift, 35x12.5x16.5 BFGs on AR767 Wheels. Procomp Super Seats. MileMarker 9000 on Cliffhanger front bumper. Dozer II rear bumper. Rhino Grill conversion. NP208 floor shifter conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by J10Mike
        Tad is here quite often. Just not in the last couple of days.
        tadsal
        Super Moderator
        Rack-O-Lamb
        Last Activity: Today 09:40 PM

You may not believe this, but this board has a really cool PM and eMail system, works really well when trying to get in touch with a member

eMail Tadsal

PM Tadsal
        Daily Driver 2008 Wrangler Sahara
        Going, Gone, or Thinking Fishing

Comment

• Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
          Cherokee Outlaw
          • Jan 10, 2006

I think he stopped making them as he said they were a bore or somthing.
          -Jonny B.
          1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
          7" Alcan springs, BJ's HD shackles - 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains
          AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI
          NV4500/NWF BB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
          F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
          R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
          1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
          1979 Wagoneer - Sold
          1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Comment

• J10Mike
            Delightfully Incompetent
            • Jun 04, 2003

Originally posted by Crazy_Jeepman
            tadsal
            Super Moderator
            Rack-O-Lamb
            Last Activity: Today 09:40 PM

You may not believe this, but this board has a really cool PM and eMail system, works really well when trying to get in touch with a member

eMail Tadsal

PM Tadsal
            Oops...Sorry Pete. I haven't seen his name here in the last couple of days. My mistake.
            www.j10mike.com
            Former - 1982 J10 Sportside, 360, TFI, 727/208, J20 axles, D44HD/Detroit TruTrac, D60/Detroit Locker, D60 disk brake conversion, 4.10s, 5 inch Superlift, 35x12.5x16.5 BFGs on AR767 Wheels. Procomp Super Seats. MileMarker 9000 on Cliffhanger front bumper. Dozer II rear bumper. Rhino Grill conversion. NP208 floor shifter conversion.

Comment

• Jeep_Guy
              327 Rambler
              • Feb 10, 2006

Originally posted by tadsal
              Several items are not available, no longer under construction or just simply never came about.
              1. Bumpers (not going to happen).
              2. Dual Shock Kits (too labor intensive).
              3. Roof Racks (it just got too boring for me).
              4. RB Kits w/U-Bolts or Perches w/U-Bolts (U-bolts are excess inventory, I'll be happy to send you the Dayton part #'s and distrubutor link).
              taken from his post in the vendor forum, sorry looks like hes not making em anymore.
              -1982 Jeep J10 Honcho
              -1991 Jeep Wrangler
              -1985 Jeep J10 Pioneer
              -1964 Jeep Cj5 Universal -RIP
              ---Jeep85J10Guy

Comment

• Warmachine
                258 I6
                • Dec 22, 2006

IIRC someone in the for sale section has a tadrack for sale...grimguant (?)
                Mike Wood
                Resident alien and thread killer!

Comment

• grimgaunt
                  350 Buick
                  • Aug 06, 2002

yup , dat would be me!

Comment

• OBX-AUTOMOTIVE
                    GRUMPY
                    • Apr 10, 2001

HE,HE...I KIND/O/LIKE.... TADSOL...IT HAS, KIND OF A NICE RING TO IT!!....TADSOL ...OK! I'M A BAD PERSON

Comment

• Tad
                      • Nov 30, 2001

I should really try to explain that so folks do not think I am some total snob or something , I've been meaning to do this for awhile, so here it goes.

A Little Pre-History:
                      In the beginning this was a wonderful idea. My students needed something substantial to do that also generated income for the program.
                      Flashback to Feb 2002:
                      Need some assistance determining what the actual hole placements are for Wagoneers & Cherokees. If some members would please measure their roof racks and post it would greatly help. Sarting with the rear most hole/screw as 0 and moving foward to the center of every hole/screw, then the same for the width front & rear.

It worked really well. I'd guess between '02 and '05 it generated over $20K in program $$, but a couple of things happened at the same time.
                      First was that the program grew to the point where my advanced students were working on CC credit and no longer had the time, this meant me picking up the slack with the intermediate students, which slowed it down but it was still ok, for a bit.
                      Next came the AWS certification program for the advanced students and the CC portion moved to the intermediate classes. It was at this point that I was picking up all the slack with occasional help from some really good beginning students.
                      Finally in late '05 I made the call to deal with them myself and at the same time collect data to see if by not doing the racks, were my students learning more. The sad reality was that by doing the racks, my students were less prepared for the next level of the program.
                      Eventually the racks moved to TT's. The reality is that like many of us I need to balance a sometimes wobbly personal life with what I can do on the side. I'm still not very good at this and it has cost me, in some respects it cost me dearly.

I'm not saying it's dead but for the time being everthing is stuffed in a corner. It's a lot of time for a small profit margin.
                      I'd be willing to bet there is more than a dozen racks still in boxes across the country. I think there is one for sale in Safford, AZ also.

But I digress:
                      I really just wanted to thank the folks that made it happen...billyrb, Tiger Shark, RustyJeep, miked, JB, wagdriver, Erix Jeep, LostWolf, FlakeyJake, kreb, bentpushrod, Freezer, Langdon, Mr. Glenn, typeO, Ridgbak (RIP buddy), John V, dws, jettfuel and I know there were more (there were at least 30 folks out there that Feb tromping in the snow and helping measure).
                      Seeing those names and missing those folks makes me

I also wanted to apologize to those who never got one, it's was a choice that had to be made.

Sorry and Thanks,
                      Tad
                      2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                      EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                      Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Retro93
                        Junk Collector
                        • Nov 02, 2001

There are actual TadRacks out there still in the box?? Never installed?? Who would do such a thing??
                        79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

Originally posted by Retro93
                          There are actual TadRacks out there still in the box?? Never installed?? Who would do such a thing??
                          Funny how the Guilty are the 1st to Talk
                          Daily Driver 2008 Wrangler Sahara
                          Going, Gone, or Thinking Fishing

Comment

• chr1s
                            360 AMC
                            • Jun 17, 2003

Originally posted by GEMOBX/77/401
                            HE,HE...I KIND/O/LIKE.... TADSOL...IT HAS, KIND OF A NICE RING TO IT!!....TADSOL ...OK! I'M A BAD PERSON
                            ~LMAO

as for the "still in the box" thing. Mine had suffered that fate (another member had bought it but didnt install it) I PROMPTLY took it off of his hands, installed it, and never looked back

im sure youll find one, they turn up time to time.

now if i could just get someone to sell me the pesky little "Gerry Can" parts for my Valley Tire Carrier
                            87 Grand Wagoneer -(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)- "TROLL SMASHER II"
                            88 Grand Wagoneer- GONE
                            "many miles away, there's a shadow on the door, of a cottage on the shore, of a dark Scottish lake......many miles away..."

Comment

• will e
                              Always Broke
                              • Nov 16, 2001

My wife suprised me with a TAD RACK. We left Tucson at about 3pm. I had it on the next day before the clock hit Noon.
                              82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

Working...
                              X