X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeepsAndGuns
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jul 18, 2003

Ok, got ya. I was thinking the ford was also 1 1/8.
    79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
    Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
    93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• Elliott
      Cowboy Up
      • Jun 22, 2002

Following directions at: http://medusa.ih8mud.com/NP205/Doubler.html I pulled the shift rail (and oil seals which I replaced) and modified my 205 for twin sticking today. It went real smooth just enlarging the notched sections ~7/16". Put back together, it shifted fine and did not allow the front axle to go in a different range then the rear axle... which is all good. I just did the notching with an angle grinder with a cut off wheel and then scotch brighted it smooth.

Last edited by Elliott; 09-11-2010, 04:53 PM.
      *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
      ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

Originally posted by 4x4fEvEr
        called advance and it looks like everything including the throwout bearing , bushing, disk, new pressure plate is gonna run me around 330 bucks but thats centerforce stuff. im hoping i can crossreference centerforce numbers and come up with somebody elses disk. who should i go with?

#384180 on the disk
        #cf361675 for the AMC pressure plate
        if you find a good deal let me know please. i want the 15 finger pressure plate not the 3 finger.
        Places to Wheel in the Southeast

Originally posted by Topgun2mo
        I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
        Originally posted by johnny019
        I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Comment

• 4x4fEvEr
          350 Buick
          • May 25, 2005

Originally posted by orangecherokee
          if you find a good deal let me know please. i want the 15 finger pressure plate not the 3 finger.

i cant seem to crossreference that centerforce number or find a 15 finger right off hand either. this will require deeper investigation
          77 cherokee chief 360/435/205-60/60-42's

Comment

coo. let me know.
            Places to Wheel in the Southeast

Originally posted by Topgun2mo
            I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
            Originally posted by johnny019
            I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Comment

• 4x4fEvEr
              350 Buick
              • May 25, 2005

lets see here: got my bellhousing (t-176) my two tranny (np435) two tcases(203 and 205) now im missing the clutch componets and the doubler. still gotta pull apart the 203 clean it up and open up the 205 to make sure all is well.

looking to purchase the clutch junk once i sell my t18

Comment

• McRoth
                350 Buick
                • Aug 29, 2004

I take it there's no easy way to attach this to a Jeep 727 without special adapters?
                Mike

78 WT Cherokee Chief Levis Edition, Rebuilt 401, DUI, Hickey Winch, Headman Headers, Dual 2 1/2" Exhaust.
                88 Grand Wagoneer - SOA, D44HD & D60, 203-205 Doubler, Rear Disk Brakes, 36" H1 Double Beadlocks
                02 VW Jetta TDI - DD
                82 Mercedes 300TD

1953 Dodge B4-F 1 1/2 ton stake bed - Restoration Project

Comment

• Elliott
                  Cowboy Up
                  • Jun 22, 2002

Originally posted by McRoth
                  I take it there's no easy way to attach this to a Jeep 727 without special adapters?
                  Haven't looked at the 727 but you can probably drill your 727 bolt pattern into a GM/Dodge 203 range box and find the correct splined input...
                  *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
                  ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• 4x4fEvEr
                    350 Buick
                    • May 25, 2005

if the t-18 sale goes well ill have my clutch and related items ready to throw it together. pics to follow

Comment

• oldyellowwagoneer
                      350 Buick
                      • Jun 27, 2001

Originally posted by McRoth
                      Dodge 203's have the correct spline count and may just bolt on using the dodge tailshaft adapter. I have a dodge 203 and just used the dodge tailshaft and adapter in a jeep trans so the adapter is steel and not aluminum. Dennis
                      ?Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your *** off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.? Henry Rollins

Comment

• Big-wagon87
                        232 I6
                        • Oct 29, 2006

YEh I have a dodge 203 laying around too. took it off my dodge np435 I looked at the 203/205 doubler. my 205 is a dodge with a 435 adapter already on it. It just seemed easier to bolt the 205 up and look into a lomax kit later on. I checked into the clockrings and shafts needed to make a doubler. kinda high. $789 for $200 more I can have a lomax kit. but the 3 stick setup could be sweet. I never cleaned my 203 up to see what it would take to mate the 205 behind it.
                        Good ideas and sites on this thread Chris
                        87 wag on 44's 360 mod on propane, np435, 203/205 doubler w/lowmax
                        76 cherokee cheif 401
                        bunches of baby jeeps

Comment

• 4x4fEvEr
                          350 Buick
                          • May 25, 2005

cracked open the 203 today to separate the range box from the rest. the shifter linkage was a ***** to get unhooked. the only thing i need off the 203 is the range box and what gears sit inside it that are connected to the splined shaft that goes into the rear output right? that shaft sits inside the 205? i made a mess out of needle bearings pulling it apart. hope i didnt mess up

Comment

• Elliott
                            Cowboy Up
                            • Jun 22, 2002

They aren't hard to separate, or shouldn't be, just back off/remove the bolts after removing the tail houseing, punch the pin on the shift rail, split the cases and stick a screw driver in there to pop off the shift acutator... if you bent it you don't need it anyway.
                            Keep all the large roller bearings for spares (there are some fine ones you can toss).
                            Here's NW Fab's guide to what you need and if you don't already have a large retaining ring remover... buy one now: http://www.northwestfab.com/203-205adaptorinstall.html
                            Last edited by Elliott; 12-31-2006, 04:29 AM.

Comment

• 4x4fEvEr
                              350 Buick
                              • May 25, 2005

thanks elliot. all those large roller bearings have already been sent to that big scrap heap in the sky. going to read that article now

Comment

• Elliott
                                Cowboy Up
                                • Jun 22, 2002

Ok... so who's got pics of where the shifters locate in relation to the tranny tunnel cover on a FSJ installation.... ???

Comment

Working...
                                X