• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • x98boardwell
    232 I6
    • Aug 21, 2014

Thx

Did the Sanden mount up to factory lower mount from LS like it was from factory?

Comment

• ls3waggy
      232 I6
      • Dec 01, 2014

Originally posted by x98boardwell
      Did the Sanden mount up to factory lower mount from LS like it was from factory?
      Nah it came with special mounts

Comment

• x98boardwell
        232 I6
        • Aug 21, 2014

A/C

I purchased a high mounted kit from Jegs for my motor but would like to keep the lower option. Any idea what kit you ordered with compressor and brackets? Thanks again for the help!!

Comment

• ls3waggy
          232 I6
          • Dec 01, 2014

Originally posted by x98boardwell
          I purchased a high mounted kit from Jegs for my motor but would like to keep the lower option. Any idea what kit you ordered with compressor and brackets? Thanks again for the help!!
          I did a low mount kit with a sanden from vintage air, I forget the part number of the kit.

Comment

• ls3waggy
            232 I6
            • Dec 01, 2014

She moves!!!!!

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

• babywag
              out of order
              • Jun 08, 2005

Nice! Must feel good after all that work
              Tony
              88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• ls3waggy
                232 I6
                • Dec 01, 2014

Originally posted by babywag
                Nice! Must feel good after all that work
                It definitely does! Fairly uneventful, the truck is so quiet!

Comment

• Randyzzz
                  258 I6
                  • Mar 03, 2008

Awesome!
                  Randy S.
                  It's not what you Buy, it's what you Build.
                  1987 J20 SOLD
                  1966 Waggy SOLD
                  1970 Waggy SOLD
                  1982 Scrambler SOLD
                  1981 Scrambler - Current Project/Keeper

Comment

• chrism
                    327 Rambler
                    • Apr 07, 2002

Good job! I hope mine will be moving soon too.
                    1979 Cherokee
                    1979 CJ-7

Comment

• RuidosoKid
                      232 I6
                      • May 29, 2016

Steering column indicator issue...

Hi, I noticed you purchased a whole new column from Ididit to get past the column indicator challenge but in your research, did you find any other options that would resolve the Overdrive indicator which our stock columns do not have.

Are there other columns that we could utilize from other vehicles..? or is there some type of shift linkage kit we can purchase and just change the indicator on the steering column to show 1st, 2nd, d & OD.. I am looking at what's out there and not much info for our FSJ's and blending a 4L60e with our stock columns... Look forward to any input you may have or others for that matter.

Comment

• ProTouring442
                        327 Rambler
                        • Mar 15, 2011

Originally posted by RuidosoKid
                        Hi, I noticed you purchased a whole new column from Ididit to get past the column indicator challenge but in your research, did you find any other options that would resolve the Overdrive indicator which our stock columns do not have.

Are there other columns that we could utilize from other vehicles..? or is there some type of shift linkage kit we can purchase and just change the indicator on the steering column to show 1st, 2nd, d & OD.. I am looking at what's out there and not much info for our FSJ's and blending a 4L60e with our stock columns... Look forward to any input you may have or others for that matter.

You need the indicator and shift quadrant out of a GM van (I forget the year), and the shift linkage from an FSJ with a TH400 trans. It's still not perfect (though this may be the result of slop in the linkage).
                        You ever wonder what medieval cook looked at the guts of a pig and thought, "I bet if you washed out that poop tube, you could stuff it with meat and eat it."

Comment

• bkilby
                          350 Buick
                          • Jan 10, 2016

Being that these are GM steering columns, I bet we can find an aftermarket piece that works. Something like this.

Save Big On This Shift Indicator Lens For Your 1970-1972 Chevy or GMC Truck From H&H Classic Parts! Buy Parts At Wholesale Prices Online, Get Your Order Fast!

1974 Cherokee S. It's driving but needs more work. As usual!

Comment

• RuidosoKid
                            232 I6
                            • May 29, 2016

Thanks bkilby,

That HH one might just work. I just need to research more to see if the shift linkage is the same on a 4L60e as it is on the 700R it was made for... If it is a match, that solves part of the equation. The cruise control would be another challenge since the old one ran off of vacuum I think or was the Quadratrac the only part that used vacuum controls..?

Originally posted by bkilby
                            Being that these are GM steering columns, I bet we can find an aftermarket piece that works. Something like this.

Save Big On This Shift Indicator Lens For Your 1970-1972 Chevy or GMC Truck From H&H Classic Parts! Buy Parts At Wholesale Prices Online, Get Your Order Fast!

https://www.summitracing.com/nv/part...-flaming-river

Comment

• ProTouring442
                              327 Rambler
                              • Mar 15, 2011

Originally posted by bkilby

https://www.summitracing.com/nv/part...-flaming-river

Don't think any of those will work (not without serious modification, anyway). 90s Chevy vans used the same indicator housing as our tilt-wheel Wagoneers did. The only difference being they had overdrive.
                              You ever wonder what medieval cook looked at the guts of a pig and thought, "I bet if you washed out that poop tube, you could stuff it with meat and eat it."

Comment

• ProTouring442
                                327 Rambler
                                • Mar 15, 2011

Originally posted by RuidosoKid
                                Thanks bkilby,

That HH one might just work. I just need to research more to see if the shift linkage is the same on a 4L60e as it is on the 700R it was made for... If it is a match, that solves part of the equation. The cruise control would be another challenge since the old one ran off of vacuum I think or was the Quadratrac the only part that used vacuum controls..?
                                For a DBW Gen III LS you can use the cruise control in the PCM. If you're using a Gen IV LS, you need an aftermarket solution (cruise was moved to the BCM). You can get cruise control made to work with a Gen IV through Spanky's Rod Shop and, I think also through Dakota Digital (I used Spanky's).

Comment

Working...
                                X