X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 350 Vortec
    232 I6
    • Oct 17, 2014

Hi Bmax,I'm not sure about the 4bt vibes but I do know that any 4 cyl's that I have experience with have what's known here as a harmonic balancing shaft fitted,driven directly from crank and internal,maby cummins rely on an external balancer which was removed in that case?? but I think it's a 4cyl thing as I have not seen them fitted to 6cyl engines from same manufacturers,which makes sense I guess however suggesting that tractor versions don't need it doesn't make sense,in a rigid frame I would have thought they would need smoothness even more...one of my 6354's is fitted to an 80's tracked excavator and the second is actually a spare I picked up years ago but never needed to fit,excavator gets little work these days,I must compare both crank pullies and see if truck version is different,kinda doubt it ..not particularly talented when it comes to computer stuff but will post pics ASAP

Comment

• 350 Vortec
      232 I6
      • Oct 17, 2014

Here's a link to one for sale in UK pump is vertical and the same shaft is used to drive compressors or Hyd pumps,you can see it is open ... http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/231363202099?nav=SEARCH

Comment

Oops- sorry for the confusion, 350

Hey 350-

Sorry for the confusion- the website 4BTSwaps.com, has non-Cummins discussion sections, too- the vibes were on a Massey-Ferguson equipped with a 354-the tractor/combine 354 didn't have a harmonic damper- guess a solid hub?

The guy said the 'constant load' ops of the tractor was not in need of a damper, but if you were to take an 'agricultural' 354 and wanted to put it in a road going vehicle, that you'd need a damper due to the varying rpm's in 'road ops'.

As for pics, hehe, take your time...I'm not a pc geek either, half of that stuff makes my blood boil. I think sometimes certain engineers delight in making non-geeks miserable

Have a good weekend.

Comment

• 350 Vortec
          232 I6
          • Oct 17, 2014

Thanks Bmax,sorry my fault for not reading your post properly

Comment

• Ronaldwag
            230 Tornado
            • Aug 11, 2016

Anyone on IFSJA into Perkins T6 354

I have a 1982 Mainship 34 with a Perkins turbocharged ST6.3544M and Im trying to find the cruising and maximum rpm range along with normal and maximum water temp limits. Does anyone have that info? Thanks, Greg
            Read more

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

Here is my 4L CAT step side project. It has a Phoenix adapter for a 700R4. I mounted it with a bushed cross member.

Comment

Working...
              X