• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fsjcowboy
    232 I6
    • Oct 02, 2009

New improved cruise control?

Any owners have experience or know of an improved aftermarket cruise control kit that would work well on my '89 GWs? Sort of a cruise control upgrade??
    '87 GW
    '88 GW
    '89 GW lifted
    '89 GW chopped
    '78 J10

"If someone ever tells you that you're eating too much bacon, STOP TALKING TO THEM! You don't need that kind of negativity in your life."
  • Chumley360
    350 Buick
    • Sep 06, 2007

Dakota Digital and Ididit both make "universal" kits and have good reputations as companies. There are tons of others that make kits too, in all sorts of quality and price ranges. I've put some kits on various cars and trucks for customers with no complaints, even from some of the cheaper systems. I don't know that they're an "upgrade" from an intact and properly working OE system though.

What are you looking to change/upgrade about your CC system? Do you want the controls in the steering wheel instead of a column switch? Are you trying to go from vacuum/mechanical to an electronic/mechanical system? Something completely different?
    1968 M715-Driveway queen/in progress

Comment

• Billygoat
      304 AMC
      • Mar 16, 2004

I have an audiovox vacuum in my 81 - works great - but they stopped selling them and now sell and electric actuated version for about twice the price.

If working properly the factory system is pretty good - what don't you like about yours?

Comment

• fsjcowboy
        232 I6
        • Oct 02, 2009

cruise control

One of my CCs work. The other doesn't and I just haven't gone through all of the t/s steps to find the problem. I've got a hunch that the bellows is leaking badly or deteriorated in the actuator.
        '87 GW
        '88 GW
        '89 GW lifted
        '89 GW chopped
        '78 J10

"If someone ever tells you that you're eating too much bacon, STOP TALKING TO THEM! You don't need that kind of negativity in your life."

Comment

Working...
        X