• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 44BZ
    304 AMC
    • Dec 10, 2009

Need advice on ebay purchase

So I've made several purchases now on ebay without any problems, but this one is a little different. I've been trying to find the spacer that goes between the power brake booster and firewall, specific to the Kaiser era FSJs. I looked at a 65 Wag in the Pick n Pull, but no luck. I found an ebay ad for an AMC 327 out of a 67 Wag and the pictures show power brakes in the engine bay. The ad also says parting out and email for other parts.

I emailed the seller and he is willing to send me the spacer I need. I've asked for pics and am still waiting on those. I have two questions 1) since the spacer is not a current ebay listing, what is the best way to orchestrate this deal; and 2) what is one of these spacers actually worth?

Thanks
    Zack - 68 J2000, AMC 327, 4bbl intake, dual exhaust, Pertronix upgrade, Holley 600cfm, T18, dana 20 (twin sticked), 3" body lift w/ 35x12.50 MTRs ~ running AND driving!
  • Headhoncho
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Oct 11, 2006

For a spacer like that I'd offer him $10. If he sells on ebay he may want to list it with a buy-it-now and sell it through them-OR-it may not even be worth his time to do so and he'll do it through a paypal transaction. Either way check his feedback and decide.

JR
    [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
    1966 mustang fastback
    '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• 44BZ
      304 AMC
      • Dec 10, 2009

Originally posted by Headhoncho
      For a spacer like that I'd offer him $10. If he sells on ebay he may want to list it with a buy-it-now and sell it through them-OR-it may not even be worth his time to do so and he'll do it through a paypal transaction. Either way check his feedback and decide.

JR
      Ok thanks
      Zack - 68 J2000, AMC 327, 4bbl intake, dual exhaust, Pertronix upgrade, Holley 600cfm, T18, dana 20 (twin sticked), 3" body lift w/ 35x12.50 MTRs ~ running AND driving!

Comment

• joe
        • Apr 28, 2000

I suspect the seller will tell you a price or offer what it's worth to you. Up to you to decide how bad you want it.
        joe
        "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• 44BZ
          304 AMC
          • Dec 10, 2009

Originally posted by joe
          I suspect the seller will tell you a price or offer what it's worth to you. Up to you to decide how bad you want it.
          That's very possible. His last email he acknowledged that he does not know what it would be worth and asked for my thought on it. I was thinking about $15 plus shipping...

Comment

• 61Hawk
            258 I6
            • Jul 18, 2009

I love it when you see a completed auction where an item doesn't get a single bid and you contact them and ask them if they'll relist it with a BIN. They agree and set the BIN price at double what the previous starting amount was. Let's see, the previous auction didn't get a single $10 bid, so I'll relist it with a $20 BIN price because one person asked about it.

Comment

• 44BZ
              304 AMC
              • Dec 10, 2009

Well no dice. The guy wants $100 for it A figure based on his "research" of the part's value...

Comment

• Mike D
                350 Buick
                • Jul 29, 2002

I put a ford booster on mine .... turned it upside down and cut one tab off ...

I also make a rod out of a chevy valve push rod ....

I didnt know there was a spacer ...
                64 Wagoneer 283 SBC
                50 truck
                63 J-200 Truck -- help bring home

Please, if you believe in the power of prayer, God and Jesus Christ... I beg you add my relationship with Heather Boyd to be reconciled to a new, stronger than ever, wonderful marriage ... to your prayer list and remember us daily.

Addendum:
                And now that im getting Divorced .. i want to work on it , but no one else does -- ^ -- Heather, please leave your affair with Josh Smith and come back to the father of your children

Comment

• Headhoncho
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by 44BZ
                  Well no dice. The guy wants $100 for it A figure based on his "research" of the part's value...
                  And when he still has it 10 years from now he'll think it's even more valueable because it's that much older.

JR
                  [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
                  1966 mustang fastback
                  '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

Working...
                  X